Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hello everyone! Just curious as to how long the boat rides are to Epcot and Hollywood Studios? And do the lines get really backed up at closing time( like after Illuminations ) ? Thanks!

The actually boat ride to DHS is probably 5 minutes. To Epcot, you have to stop at Boardwalk and Beach Club, so probably more like 15 minutes. The DHS stop definitely gets backed up at the end of the night, you could be waiting upwards of 30 minutes for 3-4 boats to load before you get on if you time it wrong. From Epcot, we have never had a problem getting on the first boat, but I would guess if you time it wrong you could face a similar wait there.

Unless you really wanna save steps, the boat to and from Epcot is slower than walking.

The boat to and from DHS is faster than walking, because there are no stops between dhs and Swolphin.

I think that if you are inside the straight walkway to the boat at DHS, you SHOULD have room to make it on board.
If the line to board is outside of that straight walkway, and kind of hugging the curve, you're taking a chance. Walking will probably be faster than
waiting for the next boat if you don't make it on the first.

We’re at Dolphin now. Basically, it’s what Chris Benton said. I heard the boat captain say it’s 8 minutes from DHS to Swolphin. I think it’s just a little bit longer than that to walk. So, if you can catch the boat right away, it’s quicker than walking to or from DHS. Otherwise, walking is quicker.

I don’t think there’s any scenario where the boat is quicker than walking from Epcot.

After many months of deliberating dates and DL vs WDW, we have settled on our 1st choice of Jersey Week at Dolphin! I'm so excited!

My memory is fuzzy because we did the same thing last year, but it was during the merger mess and we had a VERY worrisome experience two nights before we left (the alert about not having enough reward points, etc....). All wound up being fine.

So this time around, I have my standard booking reservation number from Marriott - booked room all on points. I'm in the process of upgrading the standard double room to be a King Alcove with connecting Double Room.

Questions - will my reservation number change? Will this be the exact number that will connect to MDE?

THANK YOU and I'm sooooooooo excited to get our family back to Dolphin!!!!!!!!! Now we will be there for the Dolphin Food and Wine Festival so I hope it doesn't feel a lot more crowded.

How were you able to upgrade? Did you have to use more points or $$$? Curious as I was going to book with Marriot Points.

Thanks everyone! If we were to walk over to the Boardwalk stop, that would make the boat ride shorter to Epcot correct? Just getting as much information as I can since I'm pregnant and might have tired feet some days.

Thanks everyone! If we were to walk over to the Boardwalk stop, that would make the boat ride shorter to Epcot correct? Just getting as much information as I can since I'm pregnant and might have tired feet some days.
You board the FriendShip boat at the Swan/Dolphin dock, which is right in between the two resorts and about a one or two minute walk from each resort's back door. On the way to EPCOT, the boat's next stop is YC/BC, followed by the Boardwalk; it then goes directly to the International Gateway entrance at EPCOT. From the Boardwalk, it's about a two or three minute ride.

So, if your destination is EPCOT and you are starting from either the Swan or Dolphin and trying to eliminate extra walking, get on right at the Swan/Dolphin and off at EPCOT. You should not have any problems finding a seat on the boat.

Hello! We will be staying on points over Thanksgiving (5 nights for price of 4) and are going to upgrade to a Deluxe Alcove Room. There are 3 of us...me, DH and DD13.

Which Deluxe Alcove room is better or would you recommend? Swan or Dolphin? We haven't stayed in either hotel, so aren't sure which we might prefer.

Husband workouts every day, so access to the fitness center is important. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

Giving this question another shot - might have got lost in the shuffle. Anyone ever have success with Suite Night Awards Upgrade at Swan/Dolphin? We are currently paying for an upgrade, but if a Suite Night Award comes through, can that be changed???

@JJ2017 from what I've read it really is on a case by case basis, this hasn't been a smooth transition across the Marriott system. But I believe I had read that this is not something that S/D participants in. I could be wrong but I wish I could find where I read that at. Back in October they had begun roll out the ability as some properties to use the Suite Night Award through the app/website. If you don't see that option you might call S/D direct (407-934-4000) or even use Dan's Concierge link on the last page to see if they participate or not.

@JJ2017 from what I've read it really is on a case by case basis, this hasn't been a smooth transition across the Marriott system. But I believe I had read that this is not something that S/D participants in. I could be wrong but I wish I could find where I read that at. Back in October they had begun roll out the ability as some properties to use the Suite Night Award through the app/website. If you don't see that option you might call S/D direct (407-934-4000) or even use Dan's Concierge link on the last page to see if they participate or not.
Thanks! I started with an email to the person who helped me with my upgrade. I'll see what she says. I do remember something about Suite Night Awards not being applicable at "Resorts", which Dolphin is, but it does show up on our App and even gives what the room options would be.

Thanks! I started with an email to the person who helped me with my upgrade. I'll see what she says. I do remember something about Suite Night Awards not being applicable at "Resorts", which Dolphin is, but it does show up on our App and even gives what the room options would be.

I would be interested in what you find out. I tried to use a Suite Night award for a room we have booked at the Swan, using points, on the app and as soon as I clicked Submit it bounced back that it was canceled.

I would be interested in what you find out. I tried to use a Suite Night award for a room we have booked at the Swan, using points, on the app and as soon as I clicked Submit it bounced back that it was canceled.
I will. I didn’t want to proceed with the whole process since we have a trip before then that might be more applicable.

Yes, you will have a shorter boat ride but I agree with a previous poster that you should probably just take the boat. Once we saw a group of teens get off at the Yacht and Beach boat stop (presumably to save some time) and we stayed aboard all the way to Epcot. We recognized them at the international gateway and we all joined the bag check line at the same time. Obviously you would have a shorter boat ride from boardwalk than yacht and beach but it’s still probably not enough of a time savings to risk your comfort for the remainder of your trip!

Hi there,
Just wondering if I can use the cash and points option at the Dolphin when I check in( or if it needs to be done when you first book your reservation)
Thanks in advance

Hi there,
Just wondering if I can use the cash and points option at the Dolphin when I check in( or if it needs to be done when you first book your reservation)
Thanks in advance

Definitely only when you book the reservation. They tend to have very limited availability for this, so I certainly wouldn't count on being able to do it.

@martin33 and others - has anyone seen that Cash & Points is even an option any more? When I've looked it seems you need to have enough points for a night, and then pay cash for any nights you don't have enough points for. I haven't seen any of the old SPG options for Cash & Points in some time. Maybe I'm missing something but did they just do away with Cash & Points completely? I see it as an option with the Marriott website but still don't see the option for Swan at all when I've looked.

@martin33 and others - has anyone seen that Cash & Points is even an option any more? When I've looked it seems you need to have enough points for a night, and then pay cash for any nights you don't have enough points for. I haven't seen any of the old SPG options for Cash & Points in some time. Maybe I'm missing something but did they just do away with Cash & Points completely? I see it as an option with the Marriott website but still don't see the option for Swan at all when I've looked.

It's still an option on the Marriott website for both Swan and Dolphin, but its availability depends on your dates, I think. For example, there are no rooms open for booking with cash and points for the end of Nov - early December. However, we looked for the week before, Nov. 23 - 30, and both Swan and Dolphin have rooms available for cash and points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter