Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I've been unable to link our Swan reservation number to MDE and our 60day FP window opens tomorrow. I know someone else had trouble with this but I can't find the post now. Is there any way to fix this? It's not helping that Disney is having IT problems today. I talked DH into a quick 'easy' trip and now can't book anything ... serves me right for calling anything disney-related 'easy' lol.

I had an issue recently with this. I called multiple times to get a total of three different reservation numbers for the same reservations. Called the swan/dolphin to get them to resend the reservation to Disney. Called Disney IT three times. They said that they would fix it in 24 hours. Nada. Called again. Spoke to someone else in IT. Told to wait another 24 hours and they would have it fixed for me. 24 hours later I tried to link the reservation with the most recent number myself and it worked!

Phew!

Disney IT was unusually unhelpful and kept suggesting I call back in a few days to see if it's fixed. (?!)

On hold with the Swan now ...

How good is this deal? I’ll be calling in the morning.

For the super bowl promotion, we received the same Marriott member rate I would have gotten anyway, got an upgraded room and a $100 dining credit. We just stayed on the promotion this past weekend and it was lovely! We had a resort view room instead of standard and used our credit at bluezoo. We loved our stay so much, I just booked again for mid-March!

I was able to link my reservation to MDE using the automated Marriott reservation number at the 24 hour mark. All four guests linked properly as well. I wonder what causes the issue for some people.

For the super bowl promotion, we received the same Marriott member rate I would have gotten anyway, got an upgraded room and a $100 dining credit. We just stayed on the promotion this past weekend and it was lovely! We had a resort view room instead of standard and used our credit at bluezoo. We loved our stay so much, I just booked again for mid-March!
Glad to hear you enjoyed and "reupped"! I will be there next week for an extended weekend. I like to call it my little happy place at the happiest place on earth.

I was finally able to link my account. I was past my 60 day FP window, but I was able to snag us Flights of Passage FPs for the *last* day and Slinky dog FPs for the next to last day. Whew.

Thanks for the help everyone!

FYI ... all the other rides still had plenty of fast passes available, so if anyone is considering a trip the week after Easter, go for it. We booked 4/21-4/26 this week and were able to get the Swan on points, the fast passes we wanted, and had our choice of dining reservations including restaurants like Be Our Guest and Ohana. Not sure why Easter week isn't booked solid this year but fingers crossed that the crowds are a little lighter than usual. We bought APs that we can use next Easter (when we plan on seeing Star Wars) so we figured since we were getting passes anyway, might as well get in a few trips.

We're also considering the Food and Wine weekend at SD. We had actually planned on going, but this year it's the weekend of our 30th anniversary and can't decide if that's what we want to do for it. We'll have our youngest with us (DS 16) and he couldn't attend, so we're not sure.

Anyone going?

FYI ... all the other rides still had plenty of fast passes available, so if anyone is considering a trip the week after Easter, go for it. We booked 4/21-4/26 this week and were able to get the Swan on points, the fast passes we wanted, and had our choice of dining reservations including restaurants like Be Our Guest and Ohana. Not sure why Easter week isn't booked solid this year but fingers crossed that the crowds are a little lighter than usual. We bought APs that we can use next Easter (when we plan on seeing Star Wars) so we figured since we were getting passes anyway, might as well get in a few trips.

We're also considering the Food and Wine weekend at SD. We had actually planned on going, but this year it's the weekend of our 30th anniversary and can't decide if that's what we want to do for it. We'll have our youngest with us (DS 16) and he couldn't attend, so we're not sure.

Anyone going?
We will be there for the food and wine weekend! Curious to learn more about it to see if it’s something we would want to explore!

Maybe a good reason to drop the kids at Camp Dolphin!!! It just overlaps with Food and Wine at Epcot so not sure which to focus on.

The Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic is a much more upscale experience than the festival at Epcot. It’s a real treat to have it as an “all inclusive” event, where you don’t have to worry about the price of the dishes or wine pours. Loved that filet from Shula’s? You can get three more! I personally think the Epcot festival takes several visits to be able to experience in a pleasant way whereas the Swan/Dolphin Classic was more manageable as a one night affair. Bring your stretchy pants though!

The Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic is a much more upscale experience than the festival at Epcot. It’s a real treat to have it as an “all inclusive” event, where you don’t have to worry about the price of the dishes or wine pours. Loved that filet from Shula’s? You can get three more! I personally think the Epcot festival takes several visits to be able to experience in a pleasant way whereas the Swan/Dolphin Classic was more manageable as a one night affair. Bring your stretchy pants though!
I read about ticket options. Causeway tickets - all inclusive of food and drink?? Confused by the Beer Garden part. And then A la Carte tickets (booklets) - but not sure how far those tickets will go. It's crazy to see the menu up already!

Anyone going?
Yep we plan on being there for the food and wine classic.

I read about ticket options. Causeway tickets - all inclusive of food and drink?? Confused by the Beer Garden part. And then A la Carte tickets (booklets) - but not sure how far those tickets will go. It's crazy to see the menu up already!
I was thinking of the causeway tickets when I was speaking of all-inclusive. Beer fills me up too quickly for me to think that the beer garden add-on would be worth it but I’m sure others love it!

When I went I did see a few people who had the individual ticket book thingies but it looked like the more popular option are the causeway tickets.

I agree it seems so early to see menus! But it is good planning to entice folks in with certainty instead of what Disney seems to be doing with the festival special offerings - opening booking without even providing all the info!

Has anyone had suggests with Suite Night Awards? I thought it wasn’t even applicable to “resorts” but it’s listed under my reservation and now I’m curious. We already have a suite booked.

Hello from the Dolphin! I've read through so many posts I thought this might be helpful to someone.

We rented a full size crib from Kingdom Stroller's and it fit in the area by the sink sticking out through the doorway about four inches. We opted for putting it deeper in the room to try to insulate from hallway noise though. The doors closing are so loud! We have a pop up sun shade for the beach that works well as a room divider so here's hoping the 2 year old sleeps!

We requested connecting rooms with my parents, booked both at the base double beds, no view level. We got this...
IMG_20190223_152024~2.jpg

When we checked in at 1 they had us in rooms across the hall but when we asked if they could possibly do connecting they gave us these.

Heading to Epcot in the morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter