Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We requested connecting rooms with my parents, booked both at the base double beds, no view level. We got this...

When we checked in at 1 they had us in rooms across the hall but when we asked if they could possibly do connecting they gave us these.
Very nice!!

Enjoy your trip.

Love that view. I have had similar. What floor are you on?

Have fun!!

Second floor, my app updated the room type listing to resort view balcony. Im guessing higher floors on the same side would be park or firework views. I realized after I posted that in resizing for the file to be small enough to upload I cut off Spaceship Earth which is the best part! We watched Illuminations fireworks from our balcony while the kids slept last night (thanks to the miracle of sound machines drowning out the noise).

Second floor, my app updated the room type listing to resort view balcony. Im guessing higher floors on the same side would be park or firework views. I realized after I posted that in resizing for the file to be small enough to upload I cut off Spaceship Earth which is the best part! We watched Illuminations fireworks from our balcony while the kids slept last night (thanks to the miracle of sound machines drowning out the noise).

Great location! Seeing illuminations from your balcony=priceless! I love seeing the friendship boats head into the dock. Like having the palm trees waving in the winds nearby too!

I am looking on the Marriott website to try and make a reservation for my daughter near Mall of America for a weekend on her kids spring break. I don't see any links for special rates like AAA, senior, AARP. Are those no longer available?

I am looking on the Marriott website to try and make a reservation for my daughter near Mall of America for a weekend on her kids spring break. I don't see any links for special rates like AAA, senior, AARP. Are those no longer available?

When you start inputting the location you are looking for the "special rate" area should pop up. You can then click on it and pick the rate you are interested in.

There is no guarantee. Some members here have gotten it, some haven't been so lucky.

Can they guarantee connecting rooms at swan or.dolphin?

Right, no guarantee. I requested it ahead but wasn't originally given the request. It seems like the earlier you check in the more flexibility there is with room assignments and if you ask nicely and they can make it work they'll try to.

My room won’t like to MDE :(

We’ve called multiple times so they said they will call Dolphin for us and to try again mid-week. They said if it never links we will just need to call for fastpasses. I would hope thats not actually their solution and it would eventually link haha I guess if its not working by Thursday morning I’ll try Dolphin directly.

My room won’t like to MDE :(

We’ve called multiple times so they said they will call Dolphin for us and to try again mid-week. They said if it never links we will just need to call for fastpasses. I would hope thats not actually their solution and it would eventually link haha I guess if its not working by Thursday morning I’ll try Dolphin directly.
How long ago did you make the reservation?

Four days so not THAT long but longer than 24 hours. We tried calling on Sunday and they said that we had to wait for a weekday so we called again today. @SteveH

Four days so not THAT long but longer than 24 hours. We tried calling on Sunday and they said that we had to wait for a weekday so we called again today. @SteveH
Yeah give it a week, if you're trip isn't for awhile don't stress about it. We booked through Costco and was told to wait about 10 days, due to the time that Costco needed to communicate with S/D then time for S/D to communicate with Disney. If your 60 day FastPass or ADR window is coming up then call Dolphin soon.

Can they guarantee connecting rooms at swan or.dolphin?

I would recommend using the concierge link that @Dan Murphy has posted several times and will probably sweetly come behind me and link again :flower3: to submit a request for connecting rooms. I don’t believe they guarantee them unless you book it as a category (like I have had a deluxe alcove with connecting room that was booked and guaranteed that way) but that might be a good option if you need to be sure.

During my last Dolphin stay I had emailed and called the resort to get the direct reservation number to link to MDE and I did that both for my resort stay and my mom’s (we’d booked on hotwire). They went above and beyond and noted in the system that we were together. I had to ask the super helpful front desk staff to NOT give us connecting rooms... :rolleyes1

Hello everyone! Just curious as to how long the boat rides are to Epcot and Hollywood Studios? And do the lines get really backed up at closing time( like after Illuminations ) ? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter