Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi All!

We are currently booked at the Yacht Club for 2 nights (11/28-12/01) before moving over to Saratoga Springs for our last 7 nights. We do not have a package. Booked room only and separate park tickets. The cost of the YC for these 2 days is kinda killing me!

I don't know why, but it just dawned on me to check out The Dolphin. The price is heck of a lot better than the Yacht Club!! As these first days will be spent at Epcot, I would love to stay in this area. I am now thinking about cancelling the Yacht Club and book our room at the Dolphin. I realize that we will have to get a car service to get us from the airport to the Dolphin and if I am reading correctly, the Dolphin will move our luggage to Saratoga Springs. I am trying trying to figure out why we wouldn't want to stay at the Dolphin. Am I overthinking this? Are there any other cons to staying at The Dolphin for these 2 days?

TIA!
Were you planning on using the Magic Bands from your Yacht Club resort stay? Or, do you already have some?
I'm just buying some for my trip, but I know it's important to others.

We actually have our own set. I'm I right in saying that the room at the Dolphin would not be on the MB, and that we would need to carry the key card?
Yes. The MBs won't work and you'll have to carry a key card unless they have changed the doors to open using your phone (and I don't think they have).

Are there any other cons to staying at The Dolphin for these 2 days?
Ok I'll admit my bias, we love the Swan/Dolphin. It's location and price are the two biggest reasons to stay there, and IMHO those are huge reasons. You're in the middle of all the Epcot/DHS action. Yes the themeing might not be as Disney as some, but actually with the room upgrades at many of the Disney properties the difference is minimal. We like the Swan just because of the larger beds. I say save the money and stay at the S/D and use that money to go out for dinner!

We actually have our own set. I'm I right in saying that the room at the Dolphin would not be on the MB, and that we would need to carry the key card?
For room access and charging you are correct, but you can have the hotel loaded on the MBs so you can use Fast passes and for park entry.

I reached out to the hotel with this question as we are going to be staying at the swan in two weeks. They said they will accept delivers from any provider but will charge a fee to store the package based on time and weight. They business center emailed me the details as far as pricing and address for package.

I reached out to the hotel with this question as we are going to be staying at the swan in two weeks. They said they will accept delivers from any provider but will charge a fee to store the package based on time and weight. They business center emailed me the details as far as pricing and address for package.
I don't recall who, but maybe Dan will, but a member here did that by mistake and the cost was outrageous.

For room access and charging you are correct, but you can have the hotel loaded on the MBs so you can use Fast passes and for park entry.
I think you meant the tickets not hotel. But yes if your tickets are linked to Disney’s system, your Magic Bands will work for park entry and FP+

Hi All!

We are currently booked at the Yacht Club for 2 nights (11/28-12/01) before moving over to Saratoga Springs for our last 7 nights. The cost of the YC for these 2 days is kinda killing me!

I don't know why, but it just dawned on me to check out The Dolphin. As these first days will be spent at Epcot, I would love to stay in this area. I am now thinking about cancelling the Yacht Club and book our room at the Dolphin. I am trying trying to figure out why we wouldn't want to stay at the Dolphin. Am I overthinking this? Are there any other cons to staying at The Dolphin for these 2 days?

TIA!

In case you are not aware, there will not be any FriendShip boats at that time from the Dolphin dock to EPCOT, due to work on the Gondola. There will be Disney bus transportation, however, at that time, which means arriving/departing EPCOT at the main entrance, instead of the International Gateway. It's about a 20 minute walk from the Dolphin to EPCOT's IG and a 5-7 minute walk between the YC and IG.

We just stayed at the Swan for five nights at the beginning of October. We had Magic Bands from another resort stay and we purchased our park passes from UCT months ago. I loaded our park passes on those Magic Bands but I did not use them for room charging or room entry. We hired a Towncar service for the airport round trip, which is the downside of the Swan, no Magical Express. But the Heavenly beds are better than the usual Disney resorts! I did miss the Disney theming. This was our third stay at Swan/Dolphin and this one was on points, so we only had the resort fee to pay. Most of the time we walked to Epcot via Boardwalk instead of riding the Friendship, it was faster to walk. Love the resorts in this area.

True for items from USPS, UPS, FEDEX and similar. If having food and/or other items delivered from something like Amazon Prime One or similar, those items would be delivered to the lobby, with guest meeting deliverer, at no charge.

We just stayed at the Swan for five nights at the beginning of October. We had Magic Bands from another resort stay and we purchased our park passes from UCT months ago. I loaded our park passes on those Magic Bands but I did not use them for room charging or room entry. We hired a Towncar service for the airport round trip, which is the downside of the Swan, no Magical Express. But the Heavenly beds are better than the usual Disney resorts! I did miss the Disney theming. This was our third stay at Swan/Dolphin and this one was on points, so we only had the resort fee to pay. Most of the time we walked to Epcot via Boardwalk instead of riding the Friendship, it was faster to walk. Love the resorts in this area.

What car service did you use?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter