Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

@chewreck
2. Whether we book Swan or Dolphin, it will be on points. I also have suite upgrade credits that I can use. Does anyone have experience using marriott/spg suite upgrade credits or trying to book a suite with points? Is it even possible?

I booked a suite with spg points..before the merger
We were told to first check for availability for the type of suite we wanted through the Swan/Dolphin reservations...when we found availability then call SPG and book the suite with our points...not sure if this is still the routine but it is how we booked our upcoming November stay.

Does anyone have any info on the new tower they are building? I was just looking at Costco travel to check pricing for a July trip and I got a construction warning for the time of our visit. Will this be a big deal if staying at Swan?

Should not be a big impact since the new tower is across the drive where the tennis courts are and small part of one of the 2 mini golf courses.

Highlights: The new hotel is set to feature 198 traditional rooms, plus 151 suites that offer private executive meeting spaces and the latest technology. The tower will also feature its own elevated pool deck, full-service health club, 75-seat restaurant, and 50-seat lounge.

link for more details: https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...or-walt-disney-world-swan-and-dolphin-resort/

Dave

Anyone know the logistics of getting our luggage moved to the Swan from Pop? We'll be checking out of Pop super early to get to EMH that morning (6:30am). Do we just leave the suitcases with bell services at Pop? If so, how long does it usually take for luggage to be moved? We are going to be at DHS that afternoon, and would like to be able to get settled in our room before going back out for the evening. If we have any groceries, will the Swan refrigerate them for us or should I wait to buy milk, yogurt, etc. after we move over to the Swan?

Anyone know the logistics of getting our luggage moved to the Swan from Pop? We'll be checking out of Pop super early to get to EMH that morning (6:30am). Do we just leave the suitcases with bell services at Pop? If so, how long does it usually take for luggage to be moved? We are going to be at DHS that afternoon, and would like to be able to get settled in our room before going back out for the evening. If we have any groceries, will the Swan refrigerate them for us or should I wait to buy milk, yogurt, etc. after we move over to the Swan?
Yes you can take your stuff to bell services and they should give you an idea when your stuff will arrive. I believe it was a couple hours and you pick it up at bell services at Swan. I doubt they will refrigerate anything, I would wait to purchase perishables.

I had that issue. Finally found a CM that told me to have Dolphin resend the reservation. Called Dolphin and asked them to do that and they transferred me to someone that knew exactly what they needed to do. It showed up on MDE within 24 hours.

Thank you for this! It took 3 phone calls to get my reservation connected, but it's finally there.

I don't know why, but we were able to book 180+10 for our ADRS for this trip. We booked hotel on points and tickets through UCT and then linked them.

I have been able to book 180 + 10 at the Swolphin as well, but not always. No idea why it works sometimes and not others!

Any reviews of this weekend’s Food & Wine Classic? I walked through yesterday as it was just getting started, but I didn’t attend. Looks like it’s grown since I last attended!

@ImprovGal I believe you were there. What did you think? (Sorry our paths didn’t cross :sad1:)

My reservation at the Dolphin is linked as well as my WDW tickets in mde. I’m just double checking—-will I be able to book fast pass at 60 days out?

Yes you are good to go if your Dolphin reservations shows up in MDE and you already have tickets already set in MDE. Your FP+ 60 window will start at 7 AM ET on the magical day.

Dave

Hey Swolphin fans! I was able to update my Swan reservation to include 3 adults (verified online) but it still only shows 2 adults on MDE after 2 days. I called Disney tonight and asked them to unlink my reservation and allow me to relink it to get the extra person. I was told that they didn't need to do that and I would be OK because "outside resorts" have what they call a "law of inheritance". I can make FPs for a person based on my "outside" reservation as long as they are on my MDX account (not on their own) and they have park passes. He said it was a "back door" because of this situation of the other hotels not updating the info to WDW.

Have you heard of that or was the CM blowing smoke up my butt?

I just had a lot of problems linking two rooms I booked on points - our fast pass window opened and I could only book them for my husband, no one else (which makes sense, as no one else was connected to a room). I recommend calling the hotel and asking to speak with the in house reservation desk (so that you don't get transferred to the general Marriott/SPG #). They knew exactly what to do and resubmitted everything to Disney, 24 hours later everything was updated.

I just had a lot of problems linking two rooms I booked on points - our fast pass window opened and I could only book them for my husband, no one else (which makes sense, as no one else was connected to a room). I recommend calling the hotel and asking to speak with the in house reservation desk (so that you don't get transferred to the general Marriott/SPG #). They knew exactly what to do and resubmitted everything to Disney, 24 hours later everything was updated.
I did talk to in-house reservations. They were the ones who updated the reservation to include my DD and my SPG account shows "3 Adults". I'll call tomorrow morning. I'm feeling very nervous now because it's cutting it really close.

Any reviews of this weekend’s Food & Wine Classic? I walked through yesterday as it was just getting started, but I didn’t attend. Looks like it’s grown since I last attended!

@ImprovGal I believe you were there. What did you think? (Sorry our paths didn’t cross :sad1:)
Hi all! We were there Friday night. The food was amazing! All of it was enjoyable and the wine flowed freely. The selection were plentiful and delicious. My only criticism was water was not available to drink. There was s cooler in the wine store to purchase bottles but it is my thought, water should be readily available. Otherwise, a great time between the music, ambiance and food and wine.

Hey Swolphin fans! I was able to update my Swan reservation to include 3 adults (verified online) but it still only shows 2 adults on MDE after 2 days. I called Disney tonight and asked them to unlink my reservation and allow me to relink it to get the extra person. I was told that they didn't need to do that and I would be OK because "outside resorts" have what they call a "law of inheritance". I can make FPs for a person based on my "outside" reservation as long as they are on my MDX account (not on their own) and they have park passes. He said it was a "back door" because of this situation of the other hotels not updating the info to WDW.

Have you heard of that or was the CM blowing smoke up my butt?
The explanation is incorrect but the results are correct. Anyone that is listed or linked as a Friend / Family member to your MDE account can get a FP+ at 60 days as long as one of your listed MDE members is part of the FP+ group you are scheduling.

Note that you still will want to get the information correctly linked between the Swan and MDE to make sure that everyone is eligible for EMH park access. EMH don't flow to Friends and Family groups only members of your hotel reservation.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter