Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

How about Coffee Mate (or similar) flavored liquid creamers in either Picabu or Fuel? I always fly down with mine, but wondering if they have them there.

Question about grocery delivery. This will be our 4th year in a row at Dolphin and each year we have used Ultimate Towncar with a grocery stop. This year however we are getting in at 9am(week after thanksgiving) and doubt our room will be ready so we didn’t add a grocery stop so cold food wouldn’t spoil. I’ve seen a few posts that Dolphin doesn’t allow grocery delivery. Is this still true? If so would it be easier to Uber to Publix? How much would Uber be to Publix if so? Is there a better way? It wouldn’t be a ton of groceries as we will bring most of our dry goods.
You might contact Swan/Dolphin to see if they can assist you, they probably have some fridge space but I'm unsure how much. You could also buy a cheap Styrofoam cooler. Publix is only about 6.5 miles so you can toss that into ride.guru for an estimate, mine shows about $10. Like Dan, we used Amazon PrimeNow and met the driver for our supplies, worked well and I was able to pick an 8AM delivery.

... Does anyone have recent (post Marriott/Starwood merger) experience with free breakfast? I'm assuming it's still offered...
It is my understanding that the free breakfast was always limited to card holder plus +1, but since the merger it's become very unclear. Though most legacy SPG properties were still honoring it. I would call Swan/Dolphin to verify exactly what is happening now. This has been a big issue across the merger and inonsistency across the brands is very confusing.

Book Swan now or later via Costco for Aug 2019?

Right now we have a Wilderness Lodge reservation for Aug 2019, but I am considering switching to the Swan. Is it likely the rates currently on the Costco site will get better since it is
still about 10 months out? Or does Costco typically have the best rates they can offer all year round?

Right now we have a Wilderness Lodge reservation for Aug 2019, but I am considering switching to the Swan. Is it likely the rates currently on the Costco site will get better since it is still about 10 months out? Or does Costco typically have the best rates they can offer all year round?
I don't think you will see price adjustment from Costco, unless there was a significant change. I just checked the price based on my trip last January and its about $75 more for a 2019 trip, but they have added a few things. You might call Costco Travel and see what their policy is if a stay becomes cheaper. August is a peak time though, so I don't think it will be. Have you priced your trip straight from Marriott.com? Try adding AAA to see if the price changes much.

Book Swan now or later via Costco for Aug 2019?

Right now we have a Wilderness Lodge reservation for Aug 2019, but I am considering switching to the Swan. Is it likely the rates currently on the Costco site will get better since it is
still about 10 months out? Or does Costco typically have the best rates they can offer all year round?

There have definitely been price changes, but I wouldn't try to predict them. I think they had a nice-ish offer going for late summer this year, and it was scooped up pretty quickly. It was a free upgrade to a fireworks view room, and a few other things - probably free meals for kids at the GG and Fresh Med with paying adult. Add that in with the rebate, if you can get it, and it's definitely something to consider. I'd assume they only have special offers when they calculate a need to fill rooms. Not sure if I'd try to predict that, OR if they offer to match special offers if you book earlier than the offer is announced. The current offer is a little plain jane, but it's still decent for Disney standards considering the location and amenities.

Question about grocery delivery. This will be our 4th year in a row at Dolphin and each year we have used Ultimate Towncar with a grocery stop. This year however we are getting in at 9am(week after thanksgiving) and doubt our room will be ready so we didn’t add a grocery stop so cold food wouldn’t spoil. I’ve seen a few posts that Dolphin doesn’t allow grocery delivery. Is this still true? If so would it be easier to Uber to Publix? How much would Uber be to Publix if so? Is there a better way? It wouldn’t be a ton of groceries as we will bring most of our dry goods.
Amazon prime now worked for us if you already have prime. Pick everything online ahead of time and then they give you a two hour window. You have to have instructions for them to text or call you when they are close and you can meet them outside

Amazon prime now worked for us if you already have prime. Pick everything online ahead of time and then they give you a two hour window. You have to have instructions for them to text or call you when they are close and you can meet them outside

Thanks. Do you pick the 2 hour window or do they give you a random one?

Has anyone been able to get the hotel connected to MDE online? I keep getting an error message saying it can take over 24 hours and to call. Well, I've called and they just say to keep waiting and that they can't see the reservation either. It's been over a week and our 60-day fast pass window is about to open up, so I'd really like to get things resolved but am not optimistic.

Has anyone been able to get the hotel connected to MDE online? I keep getting an error message saying it can take over 24 hours and to call. Well, I've called and they just say to keep waiting and that they can't see the reservation either. It's been over a week and our 60-day fast pass window is about to open up, so I'd really like to get things resolved but am not optimistic.

I had that issue. Finally found a CM that told me to have Dolphin resend the reservation. Called Dolphin and asked them to do that and they transferred me to someone that knew exactly what they needed to do. It showed up on MDE within 24 hours.

I have a car rental booked for 4:00 pm at Dolphin one day next month. 4:00 is also the time the desk is scheduled to close. I expect I’ll be at either Epcot or DHS that day up until it’s time to get the car. What time should I plan on walking out of either the Epcot IG or DHS gate to give myself time to walk to Dolphin and get my car before the rental desk closes? Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks. Do you pick the 2 hour window or do they give you a random one?
You can sort of pick it. When you go to complete your order it will give you a bunch of choices. We did it later in the day though and there was nothing open until either really late or early the next morning so I would look as soon as you land!

I have a car rental booked for 4:00 pm at Dolphin one day next month. 4:00 is also the time the desk is scheduled to close. I expect I’ll be at either Epcot or DHS that day up until it’s time to get the car. What time should I plan on walking out of either the Epcot IG or DHS gate to give myself time to walk to Dolphin and get my car before the rental desk closes? Thanks in advance for any help.
Really depends on how fast you walk I'd say Epcot you're looking at 20 minutes, maybe less if you power walk without crowds. DHS I'd say 25. I'd want to get there by 3:45 myself.

Last edited:
Hi All!

We are currently booked at the Yacht Club for 2 nights (11/28-12/01) before moving over to Saratoga Springs for our last 7 nights. We do not have a package. Booked room only and separate park tickets. The cost of the YC for these 2 days is kinda killing me!

I don't know why, but it just dawned on me to check out The Dolphin. The price is heck of a lot better than the Yacht Club!! As these first days will be spent at Epcot, I would love to stay in this area. I am now thinking about cancelling the Yacht Club and book our room at the Dolphin. I realize that we will have to get a car service to get us from the airport to the Dolphin and if I am reading correctly, the Dolphin will move our luggage to Saratoga Springs. I am trying trying to figure out why we wouldn't want to stay at the Dolphin. Am I overthinking this? Are there any other cons to staying at The Dolphin for these 2 days?

TIA!

the Dolphin will move our luggage to Saratoga Springs. I am trying trying to figure out why we wouldn't want to stay at the Dolphin. Am I overthinking this? Are there any other cons to staying at The Dolphin for these 2 days?
Yes, your luggage will be moved for you.

I can't figure out why you wouldn't stay there either. No cons that I know of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter