WAlk to Disney Challenge... feel free to join

If it's not to late I would like to join in. It would be cheating for me to walk to Disneyland since I live 4 blocks away from there so it is 2491 to Disney World.

19/1185

I can't imagine making it the full way...just keep walking...just keep walking

2 questions

one is it ok to wear my pedometer on my shoe? It didn't move clipped to my waist. (I figured I'd ask here since we are walking) Think it's accurate on my shoe?

and 2, if you do wear a pedometer all day do you count your steps towards your milage to WDW or only when you are using the treadmill or doing walking for exercise?

only 3 miles today, 27/1303.

Haven't felt well all day so only got in my workouts this morning before I started feeling lousy. Spent the day on the couch and now DD2 isn't feeling well! Got sick earlier tonight after napping on my bed. Fortunately I was ahead on my miles so I'll be ok. Hoping to get back into it tomorrow if I'm feeling better!

2 questions

one is it ok to wear my pedometer on my shoe? It didn't move clipped to my waist. (I figured I'd ask here since we are walking) Think it's accurate on my shoe? wish I knew for sure. I'm having a hard time getting accurate readings too. The waistband on my dress pants tends to fold over and doesn't track my progress. Frustrating. Googled, and found this: The most accurate location for a pedometer is on your hip at the side of your body or on your leg just above the knee. and Experiment with placement to find the best spot for your body.

and 2, if you do wear a pedometer all day do you count your steps towards your milage to WDW or only when you are using the treadmill or doing walking for exercise?
I wear mine all day and count all the steps/miles. The only time I didn't wear it was this weekend while I was at home. I should have worn it to Target and the grocery store, but sort of forgot about it.

I added 2.13 today. It should be more, but like B&MB, I'm having trouble getting an accurate number from the pedometer depending on what I'm wearing.

Total: 18.078

Thanks njcarita for updating!! :banana:

Well if the shoe works I did 3797 steps since about 5 this afternoon, just around the house. That seems high even though I did spot clean 3 rooms so I was back and forth putting things away. Man I never did realize how many times I loop around the downstairs in a day. LOL
It says it tallied 2.15 miles.

I don't know. My friend got the pedometer for me so I need to ask her how to calibrate it. :confused3

Well if the shoe works I did 3797 steps since about 5 this afternoon, just around the house. That seems high even though I did spot clean 3 rooms so I was back and forth putting things away. Man I never did realize how many times I loop around the downstairs in a day. LOL
It says it tallied 2.15 miles.

I don't know. My friend got the pedometer for me so I need to ask her how to calibrate it. :confused3

from the livestrong website: Don't hook the pedometer to the front or back of your pants, on your shoe or inside your pants pocket. You won't get an accurate reading if you place the pedometer in any of these spots.

3.0 miles more 30/1303

I don't wear a pedometer so I'm only counting my workouts that i do.

I plan on doing 5 more miles later today to make up for yesterday! I'll post after i do them!

Well, I didn't write down everyday's miles, but I know I've logged at least 10 since I last posted, bringing me to 13.94/1237. Thanks,

CC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter