Waiting for MNSSHP 2024 Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew 10/31 would be the first to sell out last year, but I'm shocked to see the first party didn't sell out until a few days before the party began! Isn't the first party also usually among the first to sell out?

I'm sure there's no actual answer here, but would love to know the context on how/why the first party didn't sell out sooner last year. I could also just be completely wrong in my assumption.
It could be people were still busy taking down their Christmas decorations when the first party began. They do start early in the year! ;)

Another quick question. If we were planning on being in MK during the day we want to do the event where would we pickup our trick or treat bags, I seem to remember the only other time we went we didn’t go in the park until about 5pm?

Another quick question. If we were planning on being in MK during the day we want to do the event where would we pickup our trick or treat bags, I seem to remember the only other time we went we didn’t go in the park until about 5pm?
This information will be published the day of the first party but normally there is a location in Tomorrowland to obtain your wristband and pick up your treat bag. I seem to remember if you go to this location you may miss the full-size candy offered behind Main Street.

I would also recommend checking the link posted above to the 2023 parties as I'm guessing locations for wristbands, etc will be similar/same in 2024.

We have a Halloween Cruise on the Magic in September and I plan to stay in WDW for two nights, and hope yo catch a MNSSHP! Once the dates come out, if I have to get another night to catch a party I will. We won’t buy air until that’s settled.

We picked our wrist bands and party bags outside Torgua Tavern—we didn’t have a wait at all.

Reminder that this thread is discussing WDW MNSSHP in FL, not DL in California. To avoid confusion, please keep discussions of the DL OBB in the DL forum. Off topic posts will be removed.

Thanks.

What do we think the chances it will start august 9th instead of august 16th? My kids start school on the 14th. I originally booked a trip for the weekend of the 16th betting that would be safe. I'm now wondering if I could move it up a week to save my kids from having to miss two school days the day after school starts.

Anybody already decide on their costumes or outfits?

Last trip I bought halloween themed dresses, but I like costumes......maybe a new sherlock\basil of bakerstreet outfit.......

What do we think the chances it will start august 9th instead of august 16th? My kids start school on the 14th. I originally booked a trip for the weekend of the 16th betting that would be safe. I'm now wondering if I could move it up a week to save my kids from having to miss two school days the day after school starts.
We've never had party date before the teens of August before. In 2016, they hit the 16th (I think? might have been 2017) and we've had the 13th, but never earlier than that... so I'd be cautious about moving things in hopes of the 9th.

Anybody already decide on their costumes or outfits?

Last trip I bought halloween themed dresses, but I like costumes......maybe a new sherlock\basil of bakerstreet outfit.......
Definitely! After all there's less than 6 months to the first party! (assuming the first party is mid-August)

We've never had party date before the teens of August before. In 2016, they hit the 16th (I think? might have been 2017) and we've had the 13th, but never earlier than that... so I'd be cautious about moving things in hopes of the 9th.
That's kind of what I thought , but last year it was the second weekend in august which was the 11th. This year that same date would be the 9th 🤷‍♀️.

What I ended up doing was booking a second trip for the earlier weekend and I figure I will cancel the one I don't need when the dates are announced.

For those who've done the parties in Aug, how many people were dressed up in costumes? We've typically done the Oct. dates (including 10/31) and it seemed like everyone one was in costumes. Last year, we did the Sep. 10 party and it seemed we were in the minority (we went as Remy and Linguine). We still had a great time dressing up but it definitely took the joy out of "people" watching 😁

For those who've done the parties in Aug, how many people were dressed up in costumes? We've typically done the Oct. dates (including 10/31) and it seemed like everyone one was in costumes. Last year, we did the Sep. 10 party and it seemed we were in the minority (we went as Remy and Linguine). We still had a great time dressing up but it definitely took the joy out of "people" watching 😁
I think it varies party to party depending on guests. We've only been once, in August and it seemed a good number of people dressed up.

Costumes can also be weather dependent. Sept has more opportunity for guests to forego their costume if it's a rainy night and keeping dry becomes more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter