Waiting for MNSSHP 2024 Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're hopping to hit up the party this year for the first time, looking forward to it! This is probably a dumb question but I'm going to ask. We plan on hitting up MNSSHP on an off park day I'm assuming the tickets are loaded onto the magic band and if that's the case how do we get scanned in for the party early without using up a park ticket?

We're hopping to hit up the party this year for the first time, looking forward to it! This is probably a dumb question but I'm going to ask. We plan on hitting up MNSSHP on an off park day I'm assuming the tickets are loaded onto the magic band and if that's the case how do we get scanned in for the party early without using up a park ticket?
yes.

I assumed as much, like I said it was a silly question. Just got randomly paranoid that we would show up early and then the next day notice that we're short a day in the parks now hahaha. Thanks!
You'll enter through a party specific turnstile. Cant miss it. People will be lined up starting about an hour before entry is allowed. In recent years it's been the right hand entry points.

We went to two parties last year and it allowed us to do everything we had planned and at a much more relaxed pace.

Ooooh, this is a really interesting idea... maybe I'll skip my plan for a Universal day to do another party instead!

I'm assuming the tickets are loaded onto the magic band and if that's the case how do we get scanned in for the party early without using up a park ticket?
When I went last fall my party ticket did not show up on my magic band. I did print out the paper ticket with bar code as a backup and happy I did. There were CMs wading through the lines before 4pm checking magic bands to make entry more efficient. When mine didn't show up, she used my paper ticket bar code to set up a plastic key to the world card for me right there in the line. So I had no issues entering at 4pm. No idea what the underlying problem was. The ticket showed in MDE. But happy I at least had the paper ticket so it could be straightened out before entry.

When I went last fall my party ticket did not show up on my magic band. I did print out the paper ticket with bar code as a backup and happy I did. There were CMs wading through the lines before 4pm checking magic bands to make entry more efficient. When mine didn't show up, she used my paper ticket bar code to set up a plastic key to the world card for me right there in the line. So I had no issues entering at 4pm. No idea what the underlying problem was. The ticket showed in MDE. But happy I at least had the paper ticket so it could be straightened out before entry.
Good to know! Thanks so much for this info

How do the "early" party dates compare to those in October? We've typically done dates in October through the years (we'd pull our kids out of school but now they're in college). Last year I did an early Sept date and this year we'll be there the end of August (trying to take advantage of my AP before it expires)! Are the early party dates more or less crowded than the later dates or does it not matter (I know the tickets have been sold out in recent years). Just curious. My most favorite time we did MNSSHP was on Oct. 31--best time ever!!

How do the "early" party dates compare to those in October? We've typically done dates in October through the years (we'd pull our kids out of school but now they're in college). Last year I did an early Sept date and this year we'll be there the end of August (trying to take advantage of my AP before it expires)! Are the early party dates more or less crowded than the later dates or does it not matter (I know the tickets have been sold out in recent years). Just curious. My most favorite time we did MNSSHP was on Oct. 31--best time ever!!
Historically all parties sell out so there is no difference in crowd levels. Aug/Sep have higher chances of rain I believe.

We did Oct 31 and Labor day weekend trips last year - 10/31 was oddly disappointing. A lot of merchandise was sold out, or not available in all sizes. Christmas merch was up and holiday decorations were going up around the resorts. Our pre-party dinner at GF included some time to watch the gingerbread house being built in the lobby. MK was still Halloween, but it felt tired, like everyone was ready to move on. We attended parties on 10/31 & 11/1, by 11/1 everyone was definitely done and we didn't stay long. I'm glad we did a Halloween party on Halloween, but our future parties will be Sept/early October. Oh, and in case it matters, we've done MNSSHP most years since 2007.

We have a Halloween Cruise on the Magic in September and I plan to stay in WDW for two nights, and hope yo catch a MNSSHP! Once the dates come out, if I have to get another night to catch a party I will. We won’t buy air until that’s settled.

We have a Halloween Cruise on the Magic in September and I plan to stay in WDW for two nights, and hope yo catch a MNSSHP! Once the dates come out, if I have to get another night to catch a party I will. We won’t buy air until that’s settled.
That sounds like an awesome trip!

This is our exact plan for September too, except on the Wish! We disembark on a Friday, which historically has had a party, so fingers crossed for both of us!

Last edited:
That's my plan for when the Disney Treasure and that sweet, sweet Haunted Mansion Bar are available in 2025!

We did a Halloween cruise on the Fantasy a few years back and surprised our boys with a week at WDW. When we got to MCO we told them we forgot something at the port and had to rent a car. They were so surprised when we pulled up at CSR. Did MNSSHP in Halloween. Best trip we’ve ever done!

Out of interest how quickly does 31/10 sell out? We‘re not talking 60day ADR madness are we?

Out of interest how quickly does 31/10 sell out? We‘re not talking 60day ADR madness are we?
Last year October 31st sold out July 3rd. (Bolded date is the date each party sold out)

Tickets went on sale Apr 27th for Resort guests and May 2nd for all other guests so no, nothing like ADR. First party did not sell out for over 2 months!

1707414791012.png

Here's the link to the 2023 MNSSHP thread for anyone looking for some Boo-tiful reading while we wait.

Last edited:
Last year October 31st sold out July 3rd. (Bolded date is the date each party sold out)

Tickets went on sale Apr 27th for Resort guests and May 2nd for all other guests so no, nothing like ADR. First party did not sell out for over 2 months!

View attachment 832492

I knew 10/31 would be the first to sell out last year, but I'm shocked to see the first party didn't sell out until a few days before the party began! Isn't the first party also usually among the first to sell out?

I'm sure there's no actual answer here, but would love to know the context on how/why the first party didn't sell out sooner last year. I could also just be completely wrong in my assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter