Waiting for DISNEYLAND HOTEL DVC Thread (see post 1 for updates)

I don't think that's quite being fair as the city offered those tax breaks to whomever came in with projects that met a certain criteria. That was not a special break that Disneyland was demanding. The thing is that the city never expected that Disneyland would be one to come forward with a project. Then it became obvious that what their offer really meant to be was to any other hotelier out there except Disneyland.
Did not know this, thanks!

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but in my ideal world, DL would start over somewhere that actually wants it, like nevada. I think DL could be so much cooler and bigger and more innovative if it weren’t so constrained by the footprint and all the hoops and the local politics, which at times have seemed to even want DL to leave.
I agree with this. They could buy up some farmland in another area. Maybe even create their own government organization with their own permit and building department that only they controlled. They could do it right, buying up huge amounts of land, twice the size of Manhattan even. Then they could build multiple theme parks and a huge amount of hotels and a giant shopping/dining area. Maybe even sell some of the land for multi million dollar homes. If only someone had the vision to do this.

Scrolled through the thread, looking for some educated guesses on the cost per point for this new Disneyland Hotel DVC. After seeing the direct prices for legacy resorts skyrocket, I'm guessing $275 per point, due to this unique location, pent up demand and Disney doing everything it can to maximize taking my money.
My guess would be that the price will be exactly the same as the current going rate for new resort points at the time they go on sale plus a little increase like they normally do. Aulani is still for sale and is exactly the same price as the Riviera even though if you bought there you would be getting 10 years less on your contract than a person that bought it when it was first opened. Disney raises the price on the "used" points because they really don't want to sell them and there is not the profit in them that there is on selling new points. Those new points are big big big profits. I would guess that they are making 500% or more on those points. There were 4,032,720 points at the Poly at a starting price of $165 I think. I did not cost anywhere near $645,235,200 to remodel a few longhouses and build those point hog bungalows. If those bungalows were over 1.5 mil each it would be surprising. The reason VGC are so expensive direct is because it costs Disney a lot to acquire those points.

There were 4,032,720 points at the Poly at a starting price of $165 I think. I did not cost anywhere near $645,235,200 to remodel a few longhouses and build those point hog bungalows. If those bungalows were over 1.5 mil each it would be surprising.

Wow, that is a stunning PROFIT for Disney.

Here are some historical comparisons

By 1965, Disney had purchased 27,443 acres (43 square miles) of land for about $5 million USD. Today, that’s about $43 million dollars.

An appraisal of the Disney World property in 2011 estimated that the worth of the park was over $1.3 billion. It appears that Walt had in fact chosen the perfect location to build his park.

The Magic Kingdom opened on October 1, 1971. Costing approximately $400 million over 18 months, the entire project employed over 9,000 construction workers.

Does anyone know what transportation options will be available for the DVC Tower? And how far the walk to the parks will be?

It’ll be a little over a half mile, about 11 minutes, to the closest gate at either park. Monorail will take longer but keep your legs fresh (and of course is not an option for DCA). Monorail isn’t usually a good option for rope drop (or an option at all).

PS it remains true that there are many hotels on Harbor that will be closer than DLV including some with full kitchens. Proximity should not be your #1 reason to buy here, it’s not that proximate by DLR standards.

PS it remains true that there are many hotels on Harbor that will be closer than DLV including some with full kitchens. Proximity should not be your #1 reason to buy here, it’s not that proximate by DLR standards.

If we're not staying at the Grand Californian DVC on points, we stay at the Tropicana across Harbor. Using Google Maps the distance from the Tropicana to the center of the Esplanade is .3 miles or 6 minutes. From the Disneyland Hotel to the same spot it is .5 miles or 9 minutes. From the Disneyland DVC it will be .7 miles and 13 minutes.

On the plus side... part of the reason VGC dues are low is the lack of transportation costs. I doubt the new property will pick up much/any of the monorail cost so should also have lower dues than our WDW cousins.

For me it's all about staying in the bubble. Even though the walk may be longer, I find walking through Downtown Disney much more pleasant than walking past busses, police K9 cars, homeless, and all the guys at the crosswalk trying to sell you stuff like LED helicopters, pictures with birds, beads, etc.. And if Disneyland Forward goes forward, it'll be a whole new ballgame.

Question - Do you think the direct prices of this Disneyland Hotel DVC Tower will be above current CA Grand DVC Resale prices (around 250 range)?

We have a VGC reservation in Sept and plan on taking some time to talk to our DVC agent/representative about it while we’re there, to get more info and possibly on a waiting list if that’s an option. I’ll try to remember to post anything that I find out about it... :)

I wonder what 50 points add on will get us at DLH DVC. We live in the East coast in Canada, I go visit DLR every three to five years. We already have 50 points at VGC. DLR has a special place in my heart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter