• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waiting for DISNEYLAND HOTEL DVC Thread (see post 1 for updates)

Is California restricted in any way for construction on non necessary projects?
My understanding (and I don’t pretend to be a subject matter expert) is that they’ve added regs on distancing and certain other items that will make construction slower and more expensive, but have not asked anyone to stop any projects.

Wonder if Disney is not starting because of that then waiting for restrictions maybe to ease a touch sometime next year?

Also I would think being 3 year instead of 2 years out from this long shutdown might help avoid questions by potential buyers as well.

Haha, well if anyone can use their DVC one way or another, it's you!
Definitely! My siblings also live in hawaii, so I've even got that covered when we visit. The only problem is needing more points! It seems like I'm always running short everytime I buy more

My understanding (and I don’t pretend to be a subject matter expert) is that they’ve added regs on distancing and certain other items that will make construction slower and more expensive, but have not asked anyone to stop any projects.
In the early stages (foundation and structure) distancing compliance is quite simple and of minimal cost. Once the building is closed in it becomes much more complex and adds both significant time and costs.

Just curious, has any ground be broken yet for prep work?
To the best of my knowledge no actual site work has begun. While permits have been filed I've not heard of actual work yet.
Same; I’ve been scouring roughly once a week for info on groundbreaking.

Sometimes Disney makes a deal out of a groundbreaking and sometimes they keep in quiet; with the way that part of the resort is structured it should be relatively easy for an entrepreneurial Disneyland blogger to peek through and see heavy equipment; due to the berm, until they reopen the hotel, pictures of actual work may need to come from higher stories of nearby buildings.

In any case, no news yet.

Would we see all of Disneyland picked up and moved to Texas? Normally the business leaves behind buildings but maybe Disney takes them with?

Should we start looking for purchases of land around Austin or Dallas by an unknown entity?

Would we see all of Disneyland picked up and moved to Texas? Normally the business leaves behind buildings but maybe Disney takes them with?

Should we start looking for purchases of land around Austin or Dallas by an unknown entity?
Lol I wouldn’t count on Disney building another theme park in climate zones 1-3 again. Go north

Lol I wouldn’t count on Disney building another theme park in climate zones 1-3 again. Go north

Oh not build from scratch like I said pulling out of California. Although you could turn the Matterhorn in to a bobsled ride I guess during the winter? Move it to Northern Wisconsin you would be 3 hours from Chicago and Twin Cities and 8 hours from Detroit.

My guess they do stay in Cali but this project doesn't start without Disneyland open.

We will see I guess.

Ever ride a roller coaster in sleet and freezing rain. I have. It was different, hurts more than rain. A couple years ago Six Flaggs New England opened their parks for Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks. They had to shut down numerous rides, because they couldn’t run in the cold. We had season passes with free parking and free food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter