• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waiting for DISNEYLAND HOTEL DVC Thread (see post 1 for updates)

I wore a Disneyland spirit jersey today. People asked me if I bought it at Disneyland recently. Uh, no. :headache::sad1:

This construction delay provides more time to save dollars, so we've got that going for us. :rolleyes:

Ever ride a roller coaster in sleet and freezing rain. I have. It was different, hurts more than rain. A couple years ago Six Flaggs New England opened their parks for Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks. They had to shut down numerous rides, because they couldn’t run in the cold. We had season passes with free parking and free food.
I was on some super coaster at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg when the skies just OPENED at the top of the lift hill. 150 seconds of pure pain.

Thanksfully Disney builds everything indoors and the places that are cold now won’t be forever.

Scrolled through the thread, looking for some educated guesses on the cost per point for this new Disneyland Hotel DVC. After seeing the direct prices for legacy resorts skyrocket, I'm guessing $275 per point, due to this unique location, pent up demand and Disney doing everything it can to maximize taking my money.

I don't think precedent from DW DVC or incremental climbing applies at this location. Disney going for the moon is my prediction.

And....cause I think the wife and I would pay it.

Scrolled through the thread, looking for some educated guesses on the cost per point for this new Disneyland Hotel DVC. After seeing the direct prices for legacy resorts skyrocket, I'm guessing $275 per point, due to this unique location, pent up demand and Disney doing everything it can to maximize taking my money.

I don't think precedent from DW DVC or incremental climbing applies at this location. Disney going for the moon is my prediction.

Don’t give em any ideas!!!! :)

It's a tough one for sure, because they keep raising VGC prices but they aren't really "available". I read they have done a couple buy-backs of VGC the last few months so maybe they are working that price off the old waiting list when it makes sense. Would love to hear from someone with more knowledge on that.

But to actually sell a fresh mountain of new points on the market? I think a "slight" discount to the going VGC price would be part of the marketing to show some "value". So your $275 seems right in the wheelhouse, to me.

It's a tough one for sure, because they keep raising VGC prices but they aren't really "available". I read they have done a couple buy-backs of VGC the last few months so maybe they are working that price off the old waiting list when it makes sense. Would love to hear from someone with more knowledge on that.

But to actually sell a fresh mountain of new points on the market? I think a "slight" discount to the going VGC price would be part of the marketing to show some "value". So your $275 seems right in the wheelhouse, to me.

I'm betting definitely less than that, but also much higher point charts. Like the pods will cost as much points as a studio. So [Star Wars Akabar voice] it's a trap! :D

It appears that permits have been filed to commence construction work. These permits, unearthed by WDWMagic user SSG, were filed for the Disneyland Hotel property by Stephanie Berry, who works in imagineering, not facilities.

So, let the construction begin!
Following up on this, there are construction trailers in the Lilo lot (staff parking immediately north of DLH) now and they have apparently been there for “a while now”.

Its certainly possible it’s unrelated, but this is the most logical project for trailers parked there.
(via el_super on WDWMagic)

Holy crap! Welp that will cause the price to go up so much I won't be able to afford it. It looks pretty rad though! Interesting to see how it all comes together.

How can you read this without being a subscriber? Every time I try to read it gets covered up with subscriber info.

Nothing like jumping at an opportunity to invest in a city that has been hit hard. They didn't want them before but now that tide has probably changed.

When the city approved DL Tower, it wasn’t hit hard yet. Disney finally got some pixie dust through to people who matter. Looks like they think they now have a lot of pixie dust...

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but in my ideal world, DL would start over somewhere that actually wants it, like nevada. I think DL could be so much cooler and bigger and more innovative if it weren’t so constrained by the footprint and all the hoops and the local politics, which at times have seemed to even want DL to leave.

I don’t blame the mouse for trying to get some permits through now! I bet we see more.

When the city approved DL Tower, it wasn’t hit hard yet. Disney finally got some pixie dust through to people who matter. Looks like they think they now have a lot of pixie dust...
The mayor and entire city council has changed since the hotel fiasco 5 (?) years ago. Also Disney was (IMO) being a bad neighbor and making huge tax break demands - something they didn’t do with the DVC project.

I think it’s telling that the city council didn’t even review the zoning board’s approval of the DVC tower. I mean, they don’t review most of what the zoning board does, it would be tedious, but they review projects they think they can earn political points from! So the idea that a new Disney hotel drove zero interest from the council either way? That’s a great sign that Disney has repaired their relationship with the city.

The mayor and entire city council has changed since the hotel fiasco 5 (?) years ago. Also Disney was (IMO) being a bad neighbor and making huge tax break demands - something they didn’t do with the DVC project.

I think it’s telling that the city council didn’t even review the zoning board’s approval of the DVC tower. I mean, they don’t review most of what the zoning board does, it would be tedious, but they review projects they think they can earn political points from! So the idea that a new Disney hotel drove zero interest from the council either way? That’s a great sign that Disney has repaired their relationship with the city.

I don't think that's quite being fair as the city offered those tax breaks to whomever came in with projects that met a certain criteria. That was not a special break that Disneyland was demanding. The thing is that the city never expected that Disneyland would be one to come forward with a project. Then it became obvious that what their offer really meant to be was to any other hotelier out there except Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter