Wait your turn!! New seating rules for CS restaurants at WDW...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, people DO dine alone. Sometimes people even visit Disney without anyone along.

I'm one of those people - I've even been to WDW by myself several times. (I've also traveled with other people, as well.) If there is no one to save the seat, then I manage. (But its much easier when there is.) This policy just seems to controling to me.

And as far as it being like line cutting - I don't see that at all. Its not like you swooped in and took a table that someone was about to sit at (like some people do with parking spaces). If you came by an empty table fair and square, you should be allowed to sit. Food, no food, whatever.

Sorry about that, Andy - I think I confused you with Bill (who often does travel alone).

Yep I travel alone sometimes and even when not alone I'm in the no table saving group. To avoid the problems of not being able to find a table I try to eat at off times. Of course this new policy means I can actually eat lunch at lunch time...what a novel idea. :)

I'm a wheelchair user and in my case I really don't see the need to be seated before ordering/getting my food. Maybe it's just me but wheelchair user or not you have to learn to carry things,manuver through tight spaces, and deal with crowds in daily life to function. People are right that the "wheelchair" accessible lines are often closed but I rarely use those lines at the counter service place anyway. I look for the shortest line and use that line at almost all of the CS places.

I've read this thread, and am somewhat surprised at the gentle controversy. I have a hard time believing any cm would be unkind or go out of their way to make life difficult for someone with a handicap. I would hope that the cm's would bend as needed for those who are in serious need of accomodation. I think generally cm's do their very best to be helpful. For most of us, though, this policy seems to be directed toward allowing folks to be able to sit down and enjoy their meal. I plan on going to WDW with an open mind, and I hope I remember my best golden rule manners. I'm OK with change.

I have been painted as some kind of monster on this thread and I assure you I am not!!

So....What is going to be your reaction when you go for food and told that you can't be seated until you have food in hand? :confused:
I just don't get it? :confused3
When you go to a restaurant in Disney that you need reservations for, do they sit you immediately? Or do you have to wait? What is the difference and what don't you get about "this being a new policy". :cool2:

Until they change the policy for the restaurants you visit, just go in an save your seats for your #1 DF.

When you go to a restaurant in Disney that you need reservations for, do they sit you immediately? Or do you have to wait? What is the difference

The difference is that at TS restaurants they don't make you order the food and carry it around with you getting cold before you are seated.

Sorry. I will quit stirring the pot now. ;)

You missed the point and reality of the policy. Everyone will be shown a table by a cast member when they have food in hand. No waiting for a table to open or looking for one. That is the whole point. When people save tables and wait 10 - 15 minutes for their food to arrive, it makes a shortage of tables. This system eliminates the problem.popcorn::

However if you add an additional 10-15 mins of rest time for the kids, which they did not get before they get their food, how does this increase the turnover of tables. Either way the amount of time spent at the table is the same. The only difference is the time spent was after getting the food.

However if you add an additional 10-15 mins of rest time for the kids, which they did not get before they get their food, how does this increase the turnover of tables. Either way the amount of time spent at the table is the same. The only difference is the time spent was after getting the food.

I believe you're assuming that every guest likes to sit around lounging after they eat. I simply don't think that's the norm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter