Viva Italia

Hi all!
I picked up a kit with a couple of converters and one large one for about $30 at Target http://www.target.com/International...F8&index=target&rh=k:travel converters&page=1
I liked the look of those baggalini bags at ebags.com or a pacsafe. I think hubby will have a backpack though, so I want to travel light. It is so great to see all the trip reports. I can't believe we're about 100 days away!:hyper:

Thanks for the Target link! $10 cheaper at Target than at Sharper Image!

I was looking into getting a money belt, but haven't bought one yet. I'm going to check with my travel agent to see what she thinks. She did the Viva Italia trip last year and books many ABD trips for people. If she gives me any helpful tips, I'll post them here.

Beat you to it, Marc. :)

My boys really liked the "hidden pocket" type of money belt. The loops slip onto your belt and the "pocket" is then tucked into your pants. They really didn't want anything bulky on their necks or waist, and this worked really well.

http://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Creek-U...1_16?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1212522989&sr=8-16

Dotti

Beat you to it, Marc. :)

My boys really liked the "hidden pocket" type of money belt. The loops slip onto your belt and the "pocket" is then tucked into your pants. They really didn't want anything bulky on their necks or waist, and this worked really well.

http://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Creek-U...1_16?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1212522989&sr=8-16

Dotti

Hi Dotti :wave2: :wave:

This is my travel agent, Dotti, who booked my Viva Italia trip!!! Met her right here on the boards! :worship:

Thanks for the link!

Just checking in with my fellow Viva Italia travelers. Any of you guys already have or look into getting a International Converter for the outlets there?

I saw this on Sharper Image and wondered if it was a good buy:

www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/product/sku__FZ508

I'm all about Rick Steves. He has a lot of excellent items at his store. The products are great! We were able to purchase them on sale at his store. There is also a website. Check out travelstore.ricksteves.com. The converters are really cheap ($4 for the Italy converter) and the money belt is nice. The only thing he doesn't have a voltage converter. However, most products have built in voltage converters, so you probably won't need one.

Hey Mark-

I also saw a converter on Brookstone's site for $20, but it's only a 50 watt plug, so not sure if that is enough for a hair dryer? (I'm sure not an issue for you:goodvibes ) but the one you found looks like a nice item with lots of options!
I'm getting so excited! There is so much to plan still. The main thing I am contemplating is what type of bag/wallet to bring. I'm leaning towards a backpack for myself and one of those wallet on a string things (the official term is not coming to me right now!). How about you?
I'm also thinking of looking into tix for the Uffizi (sp?) museum, but haven't decided if I just want to totally relax while in Orvieto, or if want to add another day trip into the mix!

I am sooooo excited! I am planning every day! I think I am crazy!! Again. Like my previous post. I'm all about Rick Steves. I am planning on packing VERY light (20 lb carry-on only). I will be bringing a small day pack for holding needed items, a money belt for important items (credit cards and big cash) and a small wallet for loose change (small cash). There are a lot of thieves in Italy that pickpocket tourists. They are very crafty! A money belt or similar item is very important. Check out www.ricksteves.com/plan/tips/tips_menu.htm for other information about traveling in Europe. It is very straightforward and simple.

thank you Whayes, Dotti and Marc for the great links! I'm off to check the Target link right now. Second mission is to find a bag for me and a money belt for my hubby. Is it really only about 100 days until we leave????? I'm so busy w/ end-of-school year stuff, I haven't really checked:banana:

thank you Whayes, Dotti and Marc for the great links! I'm off to check the Target link right now. Second mission is to find a bag for me and a money belt for my hubby. Is it really only about 100 days until we leave????? I'm so busy w/ end-of-school year stuff, I haven't really checked:banana:

I know, it will be here before we know it.:cool1:

Hey Marc, Hard to believe only 2 weeks! I am actually packing a little today! I am weird like that. I have to have everything in order or I go nuts- who am I kidding I will still probably go a little nuts !:scared1:

:rotfl:

I would love to see what my fellow travelers look like. Anyone here on MySpace or Facebook, or can you post a pic of yourselves here on the thread?

I would love to see what my fellow travelers look like. Anyone here on MySpace or Facebook, or can you post a pic of yourselves here on the thread?
Hey Marc,
You already have a picture of me. I'm standing next to you in your picture.....

Richard and I will be the Seniors of the group I'm sure, so just look for the "oldies but goodies"... Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Patty (Cinci)

My friends ended up letting me borrow their Brookstone converter/adapter to use while in Italy. I still have to go to BJ's and buy an International calling card, and I haven't even started packing yet....but I did make my list!!!

I can't believe in less than 2 weeks we will be in Italy, it has come so quickly!!

I'm getting a little anxious/worried about leaving my kids behind. I'm going to miss them terribly, but I know once I get over there I will have a great time:goodvibes

I am so clueless about myspace etc... I have no idea how to post a picture. I should really learn how to do that stuff!! lol

See you all in 13 days:banana:

Keep your fingers crossed for me Marc! My DH and I are supposed to be flying on Alitalia, god knows if they will still be in business this time tomorrow!! Hope to see you on Sunday!!

Marc and Kris!
Yay Yay Yay
See you all Sunday, God willing!
I think I have everything in order:thumbsup2 Hope I don't forget anything!
Hope everything works out for your flight Kris!
Ciao and Arrivederci
~Nicole

Hey Nicole! I know I can't believe our trip is here. What time does your flight get in on Sunday. Kris' flight gets in around 6:30am if memory serves me correctly and my flight gets in around 10am.

Well I'm back home to reality. I was re-reading our posts to this thread and remembering how excited we were about our trip and now it's over. :sad:

We had no clue back then how much fun we would have (visiting each other's apartments and the Pashmina Fashion Show in Tuscany) and how much we would bond with each other as well as with Marco and Vincenzo.

I'm going to miss everyone terribly and I hope we all stay in touch. My Disney wish is that one day we can take another ABD trip together and try to re-create the magic we shared. :wizard:

Take care everyone!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter