Viva Italia

Cinci

Earning My Ears
Just booked our Viva Italia tour for Sept.21 thru our travel agent. Looking forward to the countdown on here. Love reading all the tips, seeing the pics and getting the reviews. Does anyone know anything about the different hotels they are using this year?

Hey there! Glad to hear you will be on the 9/21 Viva Italia trip! So will I and my former co=worker! As to the hotels.....if you do an internet search for each of them, you will find them in all their splendor! They are magnificent! It's neat to find other people signed up for the same trip you are!

We are so excited reading and hearing from our Travel agent, who by the way, filled us in on the ones that others have been on. Sounds too good to be true, doesn't it? I looked on Tripadvisor.com and got reviews of all the hotels that we are staying at. Not one negative review.

Where are you from? We live in Central Florida and will be flying out of Orlando. Can't wait to meet you and your friend.

Hi there Cinci and MickeyManiac! This is my first post here at the DIS and wanted to say hello!! My DH and I will also be on the 9/21 Viva Italia trip! We are celebrating our 10th anniversary and are so excited to see Italy! We are leaving the kiddos at home for this one so we are really looking forward to a nice, relaxing trip!
Looking forward to meeting you both there!

Hey there Cinci!! I am in Orlando, and my friend is near Fort Lauderdale! We will be flying out of Miami on Al Italia. Figured we would take the Italian air line! It is SO cool to meet someone else going on our trip! Perhaps we could all meet before we depart and share travel tips! It will be here before we know it!

This is great!!!! We live in Winter Haven, which is only about 35min. from Disney. We love taking day trips and we were just there for Mickey's Merry Christmas show. We have lived in Hollywood in S. Florida before moving here. My hubby worked at MIA and retired from Lufthansa airlines...... We're flying out of Orlando on US air. Darn, I wish we were on the same flight.

Can't believe we have already met four of our touring buddies for 9/21 trip. We are all going to have a blast...

Just booked our Viva Italia tour for Sept.21 thru our travel agent. Looking forward to the countdown on here. Love reading all the tips, seeing the pics and getting the reviews. Does anyone know anything about the different hotels they are using this year?

Were you able to get the Early Booking Discount?

Hi again.......... I tried sending two messages to your PM but I'm getting an error message so don't know if you got them or not. I'll post here again and hope I'm not being a nuisance. Epcot is our favorite....... We would love to go there to the Italy pavillon and imagine we are on our trip already. Sounds like a fun day...... Looking forward to meeting .

Yes, our Travel Agent was able to get us the early booking discount but she had to do allot of salestalk. She was told none avalable at first then she tried calling back and spoke to someone else and she was told there were only a couple of spots open at the discount price. Who really knows but we did manage to get in thanks to her fast talking.

Hey Cinci, MickeyManiac, and Kris!!!

My name is Marc and I'm also going to be on the Viva Italia tour on 9/21/08! I'm 37 and I'm going with my sister Debra (50) and my friend Lisa (45). We all live in Long Island, NY and we're flying out of JFK.

Although my sister has been to Italy before, this will be the first visit for my friend Lisa and myself. We're all very excited!!! :banana: :woohoo: :yay:

I look forward to getting to know everyone between now and the trip. If any of you guys are on MySpace, PM me and we can add each other to our MySpace pages.

This is me!
Marc3.jpg

Keep in touch!

Hey Marc........... What a handsome picture. You look Italian, are you? My hubby and I will be celebrating our 41st anniversary and can't wait to meet everyone. Sounds like we will have a great group of new friends. I have been reviewing the hotels we will be staying at and they all have 5*..... Everything I have read and heard about previous trips is so positive, not just on here but in other travel reviews.

I am not too adept at finding my way around the web so don't know if I could do the my space PM, but I love that you and your sister and friend will be joining our group. I think there are a couple of others from New York too.

Lets all try to keep in touch. By September 21 we will be best of friends already.

Patty ( Cinci)

Hey Marc........... What a handsome picture. You look Italian, are you? My hubby and I will be celebrating our 41st anniversary and can't wait to meet everyone. Sounds like we will have a great group of new friends. I have been reviewing the hotels we will be staying at and they all have 5*..... Everything I have read and heard about previous trips is so positive, not just on here but in other travel reviews.

I am not too adept at finding my way around the web so don't know if I could do the my space PM, but I love that you and your sister and friend will be joining our group. I think there are a couple of others from New York too.

Lets all try to keep in touch. By September 21 we will be best of friends already.

Patty ( Cinci)

Hey Patty, nice to meet you!!!

I've been researching the hotels as well. The thing that I'm keeping in mind is that what Europe considers a 5 star hotel is different than what we in the States consider a 5 star hotel. So sometimes the rooms and bathrooms in Europe are smaller than what we are used to in the States.

But with that said, I'm very excited. Not only is this my first trip to Italy, but my first trip outside the U.S.

I hope we get to meet more people going on our tour between now and the trip.

Hey Marc.............. I read the reviews from others on tripadvisor.com about our hotels. Everyone gave them rave reviews. Wonder why they changed to the Bernini this year. Do you know? Seems everyone liked the one they have been using., just curious as to why change a good thing.

I have not been to Italy either. I have traveled to other countries but missed Italy......and I'm Italian. I should be ashamed of myself........

Hey Marc.............. I read the reviews from others on tripadvisor.com about our hotels. Everyone gave them rave reviews. Wonder why they changed to the Bernini this year. Do you know? Seems everyone liked the one they have been using., just curious as to why change a good thing.

I have not been to Italy either. I have traveled to other countries but missed Italy......and I'm Italian. I should be ashamed of myself........

Not sure why they changed the hotel in Rome. I know ABD used to use the Bauer and now they use Bernini.

To answer your earlier question, I'm not Italian, but a lot of people think I am. I'm actually Puerto Rican, Spanish, and Felipino, but I don't speak a word of Spanish, so talk about being "ashamed".

I'm actually speaking with my travel agent right now and purchasing my airfare and I'm also adding an additional night in Venice. My travel agent told me that we only get 1 full day in Venice, so we're going to stay an extra night and fly home on Sept. 30th.

After reading other posts, the dinners sound yummy too. I'm looking forward to the Gelato I keep hearing about.

Good idea to stay the extra night. I thought, after we booked, we should have gone a day earlier or stayed an extra night too. Too late now, maybe next time.

The only Italian I know is "man'gia" which means EAT!!! and we Italians love our food and love to eat . :)

I love reading how excited everyone is about their trips. I am new here and was posting about having to go alone because my cousin backed out. Sound like I should go around Sept. 21 if I decide to go at it alone. You sound like a great group of people.

I love reading how excited everyone is about their trips. I am new here and was posting about having to go alone because my cousin backed out. Sound like I should go around Sept. 21 if I decide to go at it alone. You sound like a great group of people.

I think trips like this are sometimes once in a lifetime. So if you have the opportunity, I say, Go For It!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter