VIPASSHOLDER is back

We are attending the Typhoon Lagoon night next week and wondering if we should just take an Uber to the park instead of going to Disney Springs to catch a bus....

We are attending the Typhoon Lagoon night next week and wondering if we should just take an Uber to the park instead of going to Disney Springs to catch a bus....

Probably. The Disney Spring buses were crazy when we were leaving the park. I assume you are not staying on property. If you are on property, the resort to water park buses were practically empty.

Going tonight and wondering what exactly is preventing me from parking at TL? If the park is open until 5pm for day guests and I arrive around 4:30pm why couldn't I just park there?
Anyways I'm not one to break Disney rules I just don't understand why they are asking people to bus from DS

Going tonight and wondering what exactly is preventing me from parking at TL? If the park is open until 5pm for day guests and I arrive around 4:30pm why couldn't I just park there?
Anyways I'm not one to break Disney rules I just don't understand why they are asking people to bus from DS

I am wondering this myself...the bus issues just seem very annoying - half thinking about just trying it and seeing how it goes. Worse case, we just go over to Disney Springs anyway.

How was Monday's event? Did you guys try to park at Typhoon Lagoon?

I went Monday night, but rode the bus from Disney Springs. I got on a bus right away, so I didn't find that annoying. However, I too wondered about parking at TL, as there were still a lot of cars in the parking lot when we left at 7:30. That indicates to me that many people drove to the water park instead of taking the bus. It's possible though those people came before the park officially closed, and then just stayed over for the AP event. I don't know though if there was anything, or anyone, actually preventing you from parking there.

We went Monday.

Event was very crowded at first. Wave pool didn’t reopen until after 5:30. Big slides had small waits but the family raft rides were still over 30 minutes even at end of the night. Towels were free if you were a resort guest. Long lines for buses at end of the night. They squeezed CSR & AKL onto one because there were so many of us at that stop.

No regrets going but I don’t know if I would again.

The wave pool was open until about 5:10 and then was cleared of day guests. I appreciated the effort to close the park. The lines for the rides were a bit longer than I would have liked (20-30+ minutes), but the crowd was respectful with seasoned guests.

There was nothing stopping me from parking at Typhoon Lagoon's lot around 4ish. CM's even directed traffic to a spot.

Perhaps they wanted to funnel traffic to Disney Springs for dinner?

Please tell me that VIPASSHOLDER isn't the official acronym. I immediately translated that to VIP ... then the rest? It's almost as bad as the acronym on the wedding sites for Save The Dates. Everybody talks about getting STDs to their friends and family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter