Villas at Disney's Grand Californian - Room Views

2518 two bedroom dedicated, Redwood creek view

Attachments

• IMG_20220102_144835373_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220102_144835373_HDR.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 111
Posting some room view pictures from my trip in November 2022. These are from room 2514 (1-bedroom). Prior picture from same room in 2017 is here (not much difference).

This room faces the back of the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail and is pretty quiet. My room request was:
Quiet area, preferably facing Redwood Creek Challenge Trail - in order of preference: 5514, 4514, 3514, 2514, or 2522.

First picture is from the living room, second is from the bedroom looking out over the balcony.

VGC 2514 living room view 2022.jpg

VGC 2514 bedroom view 2022.jpg

Hello, we are DVC and will be staying in a 1 bedroom in May. Any suggestion for room requests? We have never stayed at GC, so do not even know what to expect or what to request! Any info would be appreciated!

Take a look over at "The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0" there's lots of info and @Nonsuch put together an excellent layout and set of exterior photos (foliage has grown though). If you want quiet - go for rooms that face Redwood Challenge Trail.
Nothing beats the Pixar Pier views though, especially after dark.

(I usually do a chat w guest services and give them 5 room numbers)

Nonsuch -- VGC Mapmaker
VGC floorplan (click to download floor by floor map) 1-PAGE or 6-PAGE

Here are the photos Nonsuch put together -- the blue rooms are the 1bedrooms, I think. The higher the better to avoid the tree line, which has grown considerably. exterior_pier.jpgexterior_trail.jpgexterior_pool.jpg

Last edited:
Take a look over at "The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0" there's lots of info and @Nonsuch put together an excellent layout and set of exterior photos (foliage has grown though). If you want quiet - go for rooms that face Redwood Challenge Trail.

Nonsuch -- VGC Mapmaker

Here are the photos Nonsuch put together -- the blue rooms are the 1bedrooms, I think. The higher the better to avoid the tree line, which has grown considerably. View attachment 741767View attachment 741768View attachment 741769
Thank you so much, this is great, and I appreciate your help!

Nonsuch -- VGC Mapmaker

Here are the photos Nonsuch put together -- the blue rooms are the 1bedrooms, I think. The higher the better to avoid the tree line, which has grown considerably. View attachment 741767View attachment 741768View attachment 741769

One other question, does anyone know how far up the trees have grown now, for a Pixar Pier view? Which floors would not be blocked completely by trees?

One other question, does anyone know how far up the trees have grown now, for a Pixar Pier view? Which floors would not be blocked completely by trees?
We were there last May and on the 4th floor facing the pier. They were just coming up to that level but not up to blocking the view there yet.

Thread Update:

After neglecting the front page of this thread for several years, I finally took another look. Basically all of the original links had broken, so I've begun fixing as much as I can. I'm afraid we've lost a bunch of photos that I just can't locate any longer, or that are no longer available on whatever hosting site they were on. Many links here are still broken, and I'll work to clean those up. But I believe I've included all the photos available on this thread, and I'll try to occasionally come back to update new submissions.

Thanks for everyone's participation!

Gotta give this thread some love…

End of May 2023 trip:

4508 - 1 bedroom

Initially thought it was quite the strange view, but I always love any villa on the park side with all the happy park sounds. Was pleasantly surprised to have a clear view of the right-most water “screen” during WOC, and nowhere else can one clearly hear every word of the nearby nighttime show. Love our VGC! 🤩

IMG_0870.jpeg

IMG_0924.jpeg

IMG_0925.jpeg

IMG_0883.jpeg

Thread Update:

After neglecting the front page of this thread for several years, I finally took another look. Basically all of the original links had broken, so I've begun fixing as much as I can. I'm afraid we've lost a bunch of photos that I just can't locate any longer, or that are no longer available on whatever hosting site they were on. Many links here are still broken, and I'll work to clean those up. But I believe I've included all the photos available on this thread, and I'll try to occasionally come back to update new submissions.

Thanks for everyone's participation!
Do pics need to be hosted elsewhere?

I can't wait to add to this thread. ;)

Gotta give this thread some love…

End of May 2023 trip:

4508 - 1 bedroom

Initially thought it was quite the strange view, but I always love any villa on the park side with all the happy park sounds. Was pleasantly surprised to have a clear view of the right-most water “screen” during WOC, and nowhere else can one clearly hear every word of the nearby nighttime show. Love our VGC! 🤩

Great pictures in series! Gonna request 4508 for this Saturday visit! Fingers crossed 🤞!

IMG_0155.jpegIMG_1205.jpeg

This is the view from 5502. We were still in flight when we got the text our room was ready and were super excited when we realized which view we had. The second photo features the tree which DH keeps threatening to cut down!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter