Villas at Disney's Grand Californian - Room Views

Can anyone recommend what rooms requests I should put in for a 2-bedroom if I want a PP/WOC view? And in what order? Thank you! Love this awesome thread!

I don't remember where I saw this, but here is the list for a dedicated 2-bedroom with best view:

3522, 6500, 5500, 4500, 5506, 4506

Sorry if this is too late for your trip! Hopefully, it isn't. Have fun!

Curious if anyone has been in 5516 or 5518 recently? Can you still see Grizzly Peak from the room, or is it tree covered at this point?

I don't remember where I saw this, but here is the list for a dedicated 2-bedroom with best view:

3522, 6500, 5500, 4500, 5506, 4506

Sorry if this is too late for your trip! Hopefully, it isn't. Have fun!

I am changing this based on what I've read more recently for 2-bedroom preferences:

6500, 5500, 5506, 4500, 4506, 3522

Apparently the trees have grown, and the view from 3522 isn't as good anymore. I can't verify personally as I've never stayed in it. Seems like, the higher, the better for now.

We got room 3500 this last week, and the view was amazing!!! The trees were parted exactly where our balcony was. My kids gazed out at that Mickey wheel any time we were in the room. Goofy's Sky School was closed which really helped with the noise level. I will say that the park-facing rooms are noisier, so make sure to bring a sound machine. It wasn't terrible, but it was definitely audible even with the double-paned windows especially when a band or something was playing in the park.

48m5yKt.jpg

IActtis.jpg

Hopefully these turn out. They were taken by my phone at night and not zoomed in to give an accurate view.

Last edited:

I am changing this based on what I've read more recently for 2-bedroom preferences:

6500, 5500, 5506, 4500, 4506, 3522

Apparently the trees have grown, and the view from 3522 isn't as good anymore. I can't verify personally as I've never stayed in it. Seems like, the higher, the better for now.

Has anyone stayed in 6500 recently? It has a great view but we were there a few years ago and the door that goes out to the observation platform did not have a soft close mechanism on it and it slammed every time it was opened and closed. Our DD happened to get sick while we were there and stayed in the room (the bedroom with 2 queens) to sleep. It bothered her all day. I mentioned something at checkout to have the door looked at but I've always avoided requesting that room since so I don't know if it was fixed.

Here are views from the Grand Villa, room 4513, facing the Mariposa pool. I think there has been some work on the pool area since these photos were taken in 2016, but this will give you an ideas.

View looking left toward the water slide. The building in the background is Grand Californian hotel rooms.

IMG_3167.jpg

View looking straight out from the room toward the hotel section of the Grand Californian. In the evening some of the higher fireworks from Disneyland are visible.

IMG_3168.jpg

This is the view we had last week from 3508, a 1 bedroom.

Attachments

• BF174A86-0DB4-4F56-8850-1E910F308EF7.jpeg
    BF174A86-0DB4-4F56-8850-1E910F308EF7.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 54
20180210_192525.jpg
1rdE41wkXqW1iO3B3

Room 3522, Dedicated 2 bedroom all the way at the end of the hall. This was February 2018.

Have the rules for making a room request changed?
I am renting points and asked to have the following request lodged on my behalf by the owner, using the template found on this thread...

Dear Member Services:
I would like to add a room request to reservation number 4XXXXXXXXXXX
This reservation is for a studio at the Villas of Grand Californian
Arrival: Thursday March X 2020
Departure: Saturday March X 2020
Add this room location request:

"Prefer a high floor, if possible with a Pixar Pier Park View. The room order of preference is: 6504, 5504, 5510, 4504, 4510, 5516, 4516, 5509, 4509, 3504, 3510, 3516, 3509"

I understand that room requests cannot be guaranteed.
Thank You

The rental agency responded that:

We are happy to send your room vicinity requests off however we are only able to list 3 rooms requests. As you are not able to request a view of the Pixar Pier park, and we are only able to make three room requests we would require you to select a specific room number out of the rooms that you have provided.

Is this DVC policy now?

I am renting points and asked to have the following request lodged on my behalf by the owner, using the template found on this thread...

Dear Member Services:

"Prefer a high floor, if possible with a Pixar Pier Park View. The room order of preference is: 6504, 5504, 5510, 4504, 4510, 5516, 4516, 5509, 4509, 3504, 3510, 3516, 3509"

Thank You

We are happy to send your room vicinity requests off however we are only able to list 3 rooms requests. As you are not able to request a view of the Pixar Pier park, and we are only able to make three room requests we would require you to select a specific room number out of the rooms that you have provided.

Is this DVC policy now?
I just did a VGC room request by chat yesterday. I listed 5 specific rooms and she said that she had put in the requests. No issue.

I do not think it is DVC policy. I think it is just the policy of that rental agency, to try to make it easier on their owners. You probably received an email from the owner at some point. If so, maybe contact them directly and ask.

Dear Member Services:

Thank You

Is this DVC policy now?
I’d also say that is just coming from the rental agency. It’s not from DVC.

Has anyone stayed in 6500 recently? It has a great view but we were there a few years ago and the door that goes out to the observation platform did not have a soft close mechanism on it and it slammed every time it was opened and closed. Our DD happened to get sick while we were there and stayed in the room (the bedroom with 2 queens) to sleep. It bothered her all day. I mentioned something at checkout to have the door looked at but I've always avoided requesting that room since so I don't know if it was fixed.
I noticed that this was asked a couple of years ago, but we were just in 6500 in August (2019) and we heard the same thing. They really need to fix it because we could tell every time someone went in and out.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I would like to request to stay In the L section closest to the Redwood Creek/Downtown Disney (on the far right when viewed from above)... both to be closer to the park entrances and for a view of the park. Seems like 4th or 5th floor studio would be required but does this L section have a name? Something I can request so they will understand what location I mean? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!