VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

I don't know much about their channel/account but "Here With The Ears" is at Vero Beach now and did a tour/walk-around livestream on their youtube channel on Monday and have also been posting on their Instagram account (same name). The sound quality in the video isn't great when outside due to the wind but at least provides a look at the current state of affairs and holiday decor.

I am trying to make my requests for our January/February trip in a 2 BR Lock Off. We had the best room 2 years ago and now I can't find the room number. We were building 15, 3rd floor. When you got off the elevator and took a right, it was the last 1BR/Studio combination facing the ocean. I think it may have been 1541 and 1540. Does this sound right to anyone else?

Due to COVID we aren't planning on going out and doing much, so a nice balcony with a beautiful view is very important to us.

I have looked all over the internet and can't seem to find a map of room locations.

VB in January is definitely warm enough to enjoy. The pool will be a delight. Be sure to find local restaurants like Cobalt, The Ocean Grille, Bobbys, and others to enjoy and have a wonderful time. On the mainland Amalfi Grille and Vero Prime are also very good. Some days might be cold, but chances are if you're there for a week there will be a lot to enjoy! Enjoy your time at VB DVC.

Anyone at Vero now and can let me know what the pool/beach is like? Is it warm enough to hang out and enjoy? Can you swim? Looking at a January trip.
We were just there December 19th - 23rd. Highs in the 70's some days, 60's on other days. Every day featured a time we would be comfortable pool swimming (mildly heated pool water), but ocean swimming never appealed to us due to the cold ocean water, rough waves, and cool air. Some others did swim, and some boogie boarded. But overall not too many people in the ocean. We waded a bit (cold!), beachcombed (lots of shells) and built sand castles instead of swimming.

Midday was typically always warm enough to hang out at the pool if you were so inclined. We weren't, due to the loud music always being played at the pool midday.

Overall, we loved Vero Beach!

Last edited:
I think this has been asked but did not see any photos of the renovations? Is mini golf the same set up just new "grass" etc? How about pool? Heard a rumor they were expanding the hot tub but with the limited time it was close probably not the case. Thanks!
We were just at Vero Beach, but it was our first stay so I can't compare it to the past. We played mini-golf twice, used the pool (fully functional with a great slide) and hot tub (small and crowded).

We're heading to Vero Beach the last week of January for the first time ... we're so excited! Is there somewhere we can look up what activities are free and which require extra payment?

And what do you all recommend for entertaining two toddlers? (Ages almost-5 and 2.5)

We're heading to Vero Beach the last week of January for the first time ... we're so excited! Is there somewhere we can look up what activities are free and which require extra payment?

And what do you all recommend for entertaining two toddlers? (Ages almost-5 and 2.5)

I was just there with a 6 year old a 3 year old and an 11 year old. We enjoy building sandcastles on the beach, the community room has paid activities but I believe the tot craft is free. The tot craft when I have been there is like a foam type art. We love the community craft room, we have painted seashells, painted tiles, and made pillows. Those are all for a fee but def worth it. You can go fishing, I haven’t done that yet but plan to next time.

Hopefully you hit nice weather! It was in the 70s and nice enough for the pool. My 3 year old and 6 year old did the slide races, super fun. They have trivia, scavenger hunt and other activities around the pool. They play a movie on the lawn at night, I was too cold to sit out and watch it though so we watched it from our balcony. We had an ocean view room at the inn.

We need to mini golf next time too!

My kids enjoy hunting the little lizards 😀 (see picture)

Have a blast!

Attachments

• 799246A5-E6B6-41A3-9217-1A7B638E1261.jpeg
    799246A5-E6B6-41A3-9217-1A7B638E1261.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 10
I was just there with a 6 year old a 3 year old and an 11 year old. ...
Thank you so much for the reply! We also have an ocean view inn room, and I know that my girls will LOVE hunting lizards 😂 We're definitely okay paying for the additional craft time and such - love that it sounds like a Disney Cruise ... but on land. I'm sure we'll let them spend time playing in the sand on the beach (even if we don't get lucky on weather - they can play on the beach in sweats!), but the additional activities will be good for rain, a "rest" time, etc.

Coming down our first time visit on 2/11 fior a couple of nights looking for reasonable family restaurant suggestions, nothing fancy! Ty!

Does Vero offer cribs, trundles, or pack'n'plays for the inn rooms? We're heading there next week, and our toddlers will not (or at least should not ...) share a bed. We could pack up our PeaPod, but wanted to save the space if something else is available.

Coming down our first time visit on 2/11 fior a couple of nights looking for reasonable family restaurant suggestions, nothing fancy! Ty!
We are here now and have heard Riverside was good. We did not eat there but kayaked out of there today with Paddles by the Sea. We really enjoyed Ocean Grill though and will definitely will be back to eat there. It’s pricey and the wait was long, but worth it.

I am trying to make my requests for our January/February trip in a 2 BR Lock Off. We had the best room 2 years ago and now I can't find the room number. We were building 15, 3rd floor. When you got off the elevator and took a right, it was the last 1BR/Studio combination facing the ocean. I think it may have been 1541 and 1540. Does this sound right to anyone else?

Due to COVID we aren't planning on going out and doing much, so a nice balcony with a beautiful view is very important to us.

I have looked all over the internet and can't seem to find a map of room locations.
We are in a 1br with an ocean view and it could be a 2br lock off. 1439!

Attachments

• 67CD8B67-5140-4E75-810A-461F9821722D.jpeg
    67CD8B67-5140-4E75-810A-461F9821722D.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 41

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• 6EA43880-0F9B-4C1E-91FE-D3185FF4EDAD.jpeg
    6EA43880-0F9B-4C1E-91FE-D3185FF4EDAD.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 52
  • 28191F14-F66A-4798-B34C-22A060A510BB.jpeg
    28191F14-F66A-4798-B34C-22A060A510BB.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 48
Well, I got lucky again and was able to reserve a Beach Cottage at the 7-month mark. Just reserved for 8/19 - 8/22. Would have preferred earlier that week but was unable to grab it.

I was going to log in at exactly 8am this morning but forgot and didn’t expect to get it when I logged in at 12:30pm.

It’s actually a back up plan in case our cruise on the Allure of the Seas doesn’t happen.

mac_tlc

Well, I got lucky again and was able to reserve a Beach Cottage at the 7-month mark. Just reserved for 8/19 - 8/22. Would have preferred earlier that week but was unable to grab it.

I was going to log in at exactly 8am this morning but forgot and didn’t expect to get it when I logged in at 12:30pm.

It’s actually a back up plan in case our cruise on the Allure of the Seas doesn’t happen.

mac_tlc
Good for you!

Maybe I should buy a Powerball ticket..... My waitlist for a Beach cottage for 8/17 and 8/18 came through, only took two days . I now have 5 nights , 8/17 through 8/22.

Don’t think I’ll hold on to all of them and, if not, will release the unwanted dates soon so hopefully someone else can grab them.

mac_tlc

Does anyone know if VB is as picky about having everyone's name on the reservations like they are at the DW resorts? We have a large family that will be in 4 total rooms, but I don't know who will be in which room at this time, and it will likely change anyway. I'd like to keep my name on each reservation if possible. I guess my question is, does every person who is coming need to be listed on a reservation (like at WDW), or does that not matter at Vero Beach?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter