VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

Anyone at Vero Beach currently or been in the past few weeks? How are things there? I know the pools are closed, and I'm fine with that. Going mostly for the beach and R&R. What is there to do in the nearby area? I booked a weekend getaway for my sister and I for the last weekend in October and will be driving down from Northcentral FL area. I know the pools are closed, what about bike rentals? Other activities?

Any insight is appreciated.
I'm heading down there next Thursday for the weekend! Love to hear your experience this weekend.

Anyone at Vero Beach currently or been in the past few weeks? How are things there? I know the pools are closed, and I'm fine with that. Going mostly for the beach and R&R. What is there to do in the nearby area? I booked a weekend getaway for my sister and I for the last weekend in October and will be driving down from Northcentral FL area. I know the pools are closed, what about bike rentals? Other activities?

Any insight is appreciated.

We were just there last week. Spent week on beach. Basically with Covid and pool closed it is basically a Beach R&R stay. Weather was great. if you are into Ocean and waves, the waves were fairly strong and many were enjoying boogie boarding or just wave riding. Disney attempted a few adult gatherings in the evening in the Green Cabin (Sangria or Margarita eventetc). Required reservations. We did not attend. We were just happy to be on the beach all week, and step out for dinner and drinks in the evening. They also did movies on the front lawn (weather rain or wind permitting). To me I love just being a beach bum. FYI on restaurants, most followed social distancing and masks. If concerned would recommend calling the establishment and ask about their policy.

We were just there last week. Spent week on beach. Basically with Covid and pool closed it is basically a Beach R&R stay. Weather was great. if you are into Ocean and waves, the waves were fairly strong and many were enjoying boogie boarding or just wave riding. Disney attempted a few adult gatherings in the evening in the Green Cabin (Sangria or Margarita eventetc). Required reservations. We did not attend. We were just happy to be on the beach all week, and step out for dinner and drinks in the evening. They also did movies on the front lawn (weather rain or wind permitting). To me I love just being a beach bum. FYI on restaurants, most followed social distancing and masks. If concerned would recommend calling the establishment and ask about their policy.
Thank you for your review! Beach bum/beach getaway is what I'm looking for! I just want to listen to waves, not even much for swimming in the ocean and I have my own pool at home.

Is the resort still doing bike rentals/umbrella rentals on the beach? Any recommendations for restaurants either on property or in the area? I will have a car, but not familiar with the area.

Thank you for your review! Beach bum/beach getaway is what I'm looking for! I just want to listen to waves, not even much for swimming in the ocean and I have my own pool at home.

Is the resort still doing bike rentals/umbrella rentals on the beach? Any recommendations for restaurants either on property or in the area? I will have a car, but not familiar with the area.
They still are doing bike rental. Sign up for them is in the main lobby and bikes are being stored by the spa.

Yikes, do they groom the beach at all? Also are those pics from high tide?

We asked the same question when we stayed there as we were shocked by the beaches “natural” condition. Apparently the county has to do it. Disney can’t as all beach there is public land. The beach staff told us the county had not maintained it this year as they normally would due to excessive high tides this year.

Sitting here over looking the pool area. The only exterior work being done right now is some drainage in the mini golf area, the pool is full of water and nothing is being done around the hot tub. There does appear to be work being done inside in the community hall area. There was a sign company here Wednesday removing the signs from the building in the pool area

I’m hoping someone will update if/when the pool opens back up. We’re going next weekend. It will still be a nice time without the pool but I was hoping to compete in a slide race since we got rained out last time 😂

I’m hoping someone will update if/when the pool opens back up. We’re going next weekend. It will still be a nice time without the pool but I was hoping to compete in a slide race since we got rained out last time 😂

I was under the impression that the pool was set to open after thanksgiving?

I was under the impression that the pool was set to open after thanksgiving?

I only read end of November but I feel like you never really know with Disney. I was there the last weekend in September and it was still open when they said end of September. Still hoping they underpromise and over deliver, not likely this early. I would think for people using points over Thanksgiving weekend they would have it open for them at least.

No pool as of 11/15. They laid fresh concrete in the mini golf courses. Not much active work happening while we were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter