Van hits pedestrians in Toronto

Just learned one of the people who died is our family members boyfriend. She went to the Caribbean just yesterday for her brother’s wedding and this happens the day after.
She is trying to get the next flight back
How terrible I’m so sorry!

Another tragic event. There have been way too many of them. :sad1:

Um, well there is something called innocent until proven guilty so the police and media have to refer to him as a suspect at this point. You cannot simply refer to someone as a terrorist at this early time in the investigation. It's been a few hours since it happened. He may be a terrorist. He may be a sympathizer. He may be bat crap crazy. He may be innocent.
Whatever he is, he has been identified by many eye witnesses as the driver of the vehicle. There is no doubt about the act whether or not the motive is clear.

Whatever he is, he has been identified by many eye witnesses as the driver of the vehicle. There is no doubt about the act whether or not the motive is clear.

It still makes him a suspect until he's been proven guilty. Even if 100 witnesses point to him and say they saw him commit the crime it he's still a suspect until found guilty in a court of law.

I watched one witness tell the media that they personally saw the suspect mow down 70 to 80 people. That witness is incorrect.

Last edited:
Just learned one of the people who died is our family members boyfriend. She went to the Caribbean just yesterday for her brother’s wedding and this happens the day after.
She is trying to get the next flight back

I'm sorry for your family's loss. :(

Chief Mark Saunders has now said that 10 people have succumbed to their injuries.

My thoughts are with all you neighbors to the north. :sad1:

Sorry should have granted his wish.
I'm really conflicted by this. It seems to me he did this just to get shot by the police. I don't want him to get what he wants. On the other hand, if I were one of the victim's families, I'm pretty sure I'd wish for the opposite. I wouldn't be able to stomach a trial.

Sorry should have granted his wish.

You've often alluded that you are a police officer (no idea if that's true or you are a clerk). Surely you understand the extensive training officers go through to use the least amount of force possible in apprehending a suspect and that's exactly what this well trained officer did.

Last edited:
I’m so sorry for the victims and their families. Keeping all of them in prayer.

You've often alluded that you are a police officer (no idea if that's true or you are a clerk). Surely you understand the extensive training officers go through to use at least force as possible in apprehending a suspect and that's exactly what this well trained officer did.

Yeah I'm the janitor.

I heard about this earlier today! How terrible! My thoughts go out to the people of Toronto.

It still makes him a suspect until he's been proven guilty. Even if 100 witnesses point to him and say they saw him commit the crime it he's still a suspect until found guilty in a court of law.

I watched one witness tell the media that they personally saw the suspect mow down 70 to 80 people. That witness is incorrect.

Around the world, the term "suspect" is only a legal term that only has meaning in a courtroom or where media sources generally use the term until there's a criminal conviction.

That doesn't mean that anyone here is required to refer to him as "the suspect".

Wow. I would never want a LEO to make that decision on a whim. I’m actually shocked that you, who have said that you were in law enforcement, would condone that kind of vigilantism in the police force.

Speaking a DIS member think I am allowed that right. Not everything I or you say relates to IRL situations.

Wow. I would never want a LEO to make that decision on a whim. I’m actually shocked that you, who have said that you were in law enforcement, would condone that kind of vigilantism in the police force.
FWIW, I really don't think an officer firing on a "suspect" who's pointing a gun at him counts as vigilantism. It must have taken an extremely cool head not to have reacted to that threat and I bet the majority of officers would have fired.

Shocking and a chilling reminder no one is really safe from a random occurrence like this. Our nation staggers under a fresh wave of grief so soon after Humboldt. :sad:

I do find it SO ODD and concerning that the police are not identifying the driver, are referring to him as "a suspect" instead of "the perpetrator" and rather than the word "terrorist" we've apparently got a new catchphrase: "possible violent extremist". I've just watched coverage on 3 separate supper-hour news casts and all of them are using the same language. :sad2:
https://www.thestar.com/opinion/sta...d-but-no-one-will-say-the-word-terrorism.html

Speaking a DIS member think I am allowed that right. Not everything I or you say relates to IRL situations.
Are you saying that you are not "yourself" when you post on the DIS? What you say here does not jibe with who you are and what you believe IRL?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter