Van hits pedestrians in Toronto

kimblebee

now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents
ots been reported that a van drove into the sidewalk in the Northern part of Toronto and plowed into pedestrians.

Nine have been reported as dead with some injured as well. The suspect is in custody.

My brother and his girlfriend live in Toronto and are luckily both ok.

Last edited:
It is awful horrific monstrous, it is a busy place especially the time of day. On a beautiful day like today everyone is out walking to or from lunch or out for a stroll. It is horrific! What a tragedy, peace to victims, and strength to the survivors and families.

Shocking and very sad. Major kudos and respect to the Toronto Police Services officer who arrested the suspect.

It occurred in the uptown North area of Toronto, not downtown Toronto.

Last edited:

9 people dead and 16 injured. It was a rented van, there are pictures of it in some of the news articles. Suspect arrested.
It’s appalling.

Why would someone do something like this? :sad:

Children and elderly among those mowed down.

ABC evening news reported that the guy drove 16 blocks mowing people down, Yonge Street from Finch to Sheppard. Not all fatalities and injuries were at a single location. David Muir, the anchor, did mistakenly say it happened in "downtown Toronto." The area looks like it's five to six miles north of downtown.

Shocking and very sad. Major kudos and respect to the Toronto Police Services officer who arrested the suspect.

It occurred in the uptown North area of Toronto, not downtown Toronto.
Shocking and a chilling reminder no one is really safe from a random occurrence like this. Our nation staggers under a fresh wave of grief so soon after Humboldt. :sad:

I do find it SO ODD and concerning that the police are not identifying the driver, are referring to him as "a suspect" instead of "the perpetrator" and rather than the word "terrorist" we've apparently got a new catchphrase: "possible violent extremist". I've just watched coverage on 3 separate supper-hour news casts and all of them are using the same language. :sad2:

Last edited:
Just learned one of the people who died is our family members boyfriend. She went to the Caribbean just yesterday for her brother’s wedding and this happens the day after.
She is trying to get the next flight back

Shocking and a chilling reminder no one is really safe from a random occurrence like this. Our nation staggers under a fresh wave of grief so soon after Humboldt. :sad:

I do find it SO ODD and concerning that the police are not identifying the driver, are referring to him as "a suspect" instead of "the perpetrator" and rather than word "terrorist" we've apparently got a new catchphrase: "possible violent extremist". I've just watched coverage on 3 separate supper-hour news casts and all of them are using the same language. :sad2:

Um, well there is something called innocent until proven guilty so the police and media have to refer to him as a suspect at this point. You cannot simply refer to someone as a terrorist at this early time in the investigation. It's been a few hours since it happened. He may be a terrorist. He may be a sympathizer. He may be bat crap crazy. He may be innocent.

Just learned one of the people who died is our family members boyfriend. She went to the Caribbean just yesterday for her brother’s wedding and this happens the day after.
She is trying to get the next flight back
Omg. Terrible! So sorry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!