V.I.Passholder Nights in MK and EP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone there yet and checked in?

Oh check in isn't until 7.

Never mind I will ask again in an hour.

Last edited:
There must be 1000 people waiting in line at Stitch’s. Wait to check in later or you can check in when you enter Park with no wait.
Bands being given out. No giveaways for event, just extra hours

Last edited:

Best advice.. for the next one of these.. do not check in at 7. We saw the front entrance event line and it was huge, went to normal entrance and walked right in. Then went to stich line and it was huge. Skipped that and did rides. 930ish now at Tortuga Tavern. Walked right up and got checked in instantly.

I know Disney doesn’t have to give us any “extras” but so far tonight it doesn’t beat any other regular day. Getting three fast passes and then adding additional ones as the day goes on is the way to go.

EDIT: The wait time sign at SDMT said 80 minutes. It can’t be that long and I’m sure they’re flubbing the numbers a bit but that’s absurd.

EDIT 2: Wait times are getting better but I feel like this should have been 3 hours in order to get the most out of it. I also think they checked for wristbands once in the 5 rides I did.

Last edited:
This was all hype, no substance.
General concensus is that it is no different than EMH.
At 11:00 PM park is filled with non-event guests who are not supposed to have access to the lands.

It’s quite busy here. Not like Christmas week or anything, but if you were hoping for “free DAH” or even old school EMH, I would adjust your expectations. Ten minutes posted for Small World & Pirates, but more or less walk on; 35 for Pan & 7D - the queues looked pretty full so I’m guessing those are pretty true to wait. We’re still having fun and don’t regret it - just an FYI on crowd levels.

I know Disney doesn’t have to give us any “extras” but so far tonight it doesn’t beat any other regular day. Getting three fast passes and then adding additional ones as the day goes on is the way to go.

EDIT: The wait time sign at SDMT said 80 minutes at 11:00pm. I’m sure they’re flubbing the numbers a bit but that’s absurd.

This was all hype, no substance.
General concensus is that it is no different than EMH.
At 11:00 PM park is filled with non-event guests who are not supposed to have access to the lands.

Wow! I was hopeful that it would be like DVC Moonlight Magic or Disney After Hours. Guess no love for APs. It's not like Disney doesn't know how to clear MK out.

Also, wristband checks are very spotty. I have sensory issues and asked if my wristband could be placed on my bag - which they were happy to do (and I am very grateful). However, my MB keeps sliding over the event wristband - and my wrists are totally bare - and the only place that’s stopped us to verify that I have a band is IASW.

(ETA: Although I am standing in BTMRR line and everyone I see has a band on, so it appears the non-attendees are not riding, fwiw.)

We just left. We gave up on rides. Not interested in standing in line for rides we walked on last night at DAH. We made our own fun - took lots of silly photos, played checkers outside The Chapeau, etc.

Like others said, many people without wristbands. No real checking of wristbands on the rides we did. Imagine a MNSSHP or MVMCP with no special events to pull the people - so everyone is on the rides.

I wouldn’t make a special trip again to come to this event. It was fine. But they need to clear the day guests.

Moonlight Magic and DAH are both a thousand times better.

7DMT was a 17 minute wait when we entered the line at exactly 11:00. Got off at 11:20 and it was easily 30-40 minutes at that time.
Just getting on Space after 13 minute wait.

We are just leaving. (12:10am) These are the rides we did starting at 10pm
Tea cups
Winnie the Pooh
Carousel
Buzz
Space mountain
Peter Pan
Haunted Mansion
We lucked out to be walking right next to space when it reopened
From a local that has never done emh this was kinda nice. We are not really ride driven anymore and basically wanted to see how much we could do. I knew that 7dmt would be a time consumer and we decided not to venture into the left side of the park. The only ride we didn't do that my daughter wanted to do was Astro orbiter, that seemed long all night.
Disney delivered exactly what was promised, I have done DAH and that was amazingly un crowded but you're paying a price for that. The check in should've been handled differently though and I think they will improve for the remaining nights. Like i said before, i fear the years of amazing ap perks are over. Remember to voice your opinion through email and maybe if they send a survey

Last edited:
We just got back to our room. We got there and checked in around 8:30, did transit authority twice during fireworks then tried to do Buzz but it broke down then did Monsters Inc before 10. For the passholder night we did the following.
Winnie the Pooh
Small World
Haunted Mansion
Little Mermaid
Dumbo
Speedway
Astro Orbitor
It was me, my wife and 2 girls 5 and 1.5. We didn't want to split up at all for such a short time so we didn't do any "big" rides.

It was fun but if I had planned a trip around it (we were already here) I'd be super disappointed. We did 7 rides in 2 hours and we powered through them. We stayed late too, we were the last spin on the Astro Orbitor before it shut down. I think we got off around 12:30am.

To compare, we did extra magic hours on Wednesday from 11 to 1 and we did more stuff that night than we did tonight.

Only got asked to see our wristbands once and saw plenty of people without them all night. This event really needs to be 3 hours to make it worth it, and to have some special treats to buy. We didn't stop to get anything to eat because it was just the normal stuff we can get anyday.

Also the check in at the front gate was a joke, anyone could have gotten a wristband. The people handing them out were a good 15 feet away from where you check in and you didn't have to show anything to get the band.

My advice would be go to the event if you're already here and you don't have to change your plans to do so, but unless something changes I wouldn't go out of my way to go again.

I am now thinking... if MK rides were this crowded and people got more accomplished during EMH, can you imagine what the Epcot AP event will be like? PM EMH in Epcot are pretty much useless (IMO).

I'm signed up for the Epcot one, starting to rethink it since we'll be staying at GF that night. My husband is usually spent by 8pm anyways, probably don't need to make him cranky. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter