Useful Concierge Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW what a great thread! We'll be staying AKL CL in March for 6 nights..& can't wait! I do have a question...we're starting off our trip at POP for a few nights while oldest DD is with her marching band. When we check out of POP, I know I can have our luggage transfered to AKL, but is there any other way for US to get there? Anything else I should know? We've never done a split stay & especially never done a CL stay

tia!

I just want to add that we're leaving tomorrow and had previously no contact with the concierge at GF. DH called them today, spoke to a really nice CM and they were able to garauntee us a king bed, get us cleared away with MNSSHP tix, bump up our ADR at Citrico so we could make MNSSHP AND they told DH that they know it's our 1 yr anniversary and that we could expect some special suprises.

I'm so pleased with the CL! DH says there's no way we're ever NOT staying CL again. :love:

Most, if not all, of what you described is a normal function of IPO. Having said that, it appears you did get an awesome IPO CM who made sure everything was done as it should be! :goodvibes What you could do for the IPO CM that would probably mean more to him than a "gift" would be to send an email to Disney praising that CM (and any others who you feel went "above and beyond"). The executive offices will acknowledge your email - usually with a phone call - and your "praise" will be included in the CMs personnel file.

I did that for my most recent AKL-CL trip and was assured that the CMs I praised would be "recognized". (I'm assuming that's a good thing! ;))

Here's the email address: wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Thanks so much Rachel. That is exactly what I will do. I think I will also call Denny (my awesome IPO CM) and thank him and I'll let him know that I am sending the email to the Disney executive offices.

Great advice :thumbsup2
Thanks again,

Karen :)

WOW what a great thread! We'll be staying AKL CL in March for 6 nights..& can't wait! I do have a question...we're starting off our trip at POP for a few nights while oldest DD is with her marching band. When we check out of POP, I know I can have our luggage transfered to AKL, but is there any other way for US to get there? Anything else I should know? We've never done a split stay & especially never done a CL stay

tia!

You could take a taxi to the AKL or take a bus to the nearest park, then transfer to an AKL bus.

Some guests take a taxi to their next resort and take their luggage with them. That way, they don't have to wait for the luggage to be delivered later in the day.

Does anyone have information on CL service at WL???:confused3 Also, I've been looking for pictures of the rooms if anyone can direct me to that...:worship: I have been looking for days and unable to find any pictures of the rooms, there's plenty of views from the balconies though.. This will be our first time staying CL and it was between WL and BC. We decided WL b/c it will be at Christmas.:santa: :santa:

Thank you...:)

Does anyone have information on CL service at WL???:confused3 Also, I've been looking for pictures of the rooms if anyone can direct me to that...:worship: I have been looking for days and unable to find any pictures of the rooms, there's plenty of views from the balconies though.. This will be our first time staying CL and it was between WL and BC. We decided WL b/c it will be at Christmas.:santa: :santa:

Thank you...:)

Try this link for pictures: http://allears.net/acc/g_wl.htm

:)

Thank you soooooo....much:thumbsup2 I think we made a good decision staying at the Wilderness. I tried to find pictures of the CL rooms at the Beach Club but was unable. They may be nicer but I think it will feel more like Christmas at WL..:santa: :santa:

You could take a taxi to the AKL or take a bus to the nearest park, then transfer to an AKL bus.

Some guests take a taxi to their next resort and take their luggage with them. That way, they don't have to wait for the luggage to be delivered later in the day.

hmm, think I like the taxi right to ALK best.....& you're right, then we could take our luggage with us......love that idea!

Some, if not all, of the email addresses in post 1 are no longer valid. (There is also other information in post 1 that's outdated.) I don't know if CR's IPO email has changed, but I would suspect it has. What I would suggest is you place a call to the CR IPO - I believe their phone # is Phone #407-824-1775. If you get voicemail, leave a message, they'll call you back.

If you learn that they do have a new email, please come back and post it. I'm sure others would appreciate the update. Thanks! :)

This thread was started almost 4 years ago. :scared1: I'm not surprised that a lot of the original info is outdated.

Perhaps someone would be willing to start a brand-new "Useful Concierge/Club Level Information" thread??? :confused3 :thumbsup2 :cool2:

I, for one, would definitely appreciate anyone who'd be willing to start and maintain a new Concierge/Club Level thread!! ::yes:: :thumbsup2

This thread was started almost 4 years ago. :scared1: I'm not surprised that a lot of the original info is outdated.

Perhaps someone would be willing to start a brand-new "Useful Concierge/Club Level Information" thread??? :confused3 :thumbsup2 :cool2:

I, for one, would definitely appreciate anyone who'd be willing to start and maintain a new Concierge/Club Level thread!! ::yes:: :thumbsup2

:rolleyes1 You're not volunteering?!! :rotfl:

Any volunteers out there? :worship:

(I would if I felt in any way qualified - but my CL knowledge is pretty limited. :confused3)

Laura You Could Start It & The Members Will Keep It Maintained:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Not Long Now Till My AKL CL Trip:thumbsup2

:goodvibes :goodvibes

How excited are you?!! :yay: We'll be sure to look for you! ;)

I know there are others out there much more qualified than I.

Still seeking volunteers.............. :listen:

How excited are you?!! :yay: We'll be sure to look for you! ;)

Laura I'm Toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Excited:) Dh Still Doesn't Know Where We Are Staying:rotfl: & Doesn't Want To Know Until We Board The Plane:thumbsup2 He Is In For "One Big Surprise":woohoo: :woohoo: Yep I Will Be Looking For You Too:thumbsup2

:goodvibes

Laura I'm Toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Excited:) Dh Still Doesn't Know Where We Are Staying:rotfl: & Doesn't Want To Know Until We Board The Plane:thumbsup2 He Is In For "One Big Surprise":woohoo: :woohoo: Yep I Will Be Looking For You Too:thumbsup2

:goodvibes

:thumbsup2 See you there real soon! :yay: You must promise to do a trip report - and don't forget to include your DH's reaction! (and lots of pictures!) :goodvibes

Back to the quest for volunteers......... If there's no one who wants to assume the total responsibility, would anyone be willing to contribute their expertise? I know there are many CR experts, Poly experts, etc....... We would have to clear this with the Mods first, but I would be willing to compile the current information and keep it up to date, with a little help from my Dis Friends! ;) Please PM me if you want to contribute updated information (especially those IPO email addresses! :flower3:)

:rolleyes1 You're not volunteering?!! :rotfl:

Any volunteers out there? :worship:

(I would if I felt in any way qualified - but my CL knowledge is pretty limited. :confused3)

Laura You Could Start It & The Members Will Keep It Maintained:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Not Long Now Till My AKL CL Trip:thumbsup2

:goodvibes :goodvibes

Well not me! I haven't even STAYED CL yet!!!!!!!!!!!!:laughing:

Back to the quest for volunteers......... If there's no one who wants to assume the total responsibility, would anyone be willing to contribute their expertise? I know there are many CR experts, Poly experts, etc....... We would have to clear this with the Mods first, but I would be willing to compile the current information and keep it up to date, with a little help from my Dis Friends! ;) Please PM me if you want to contribute updated information (especially those IPO email addresses! :flower3:)

Hey everyone! :wave2:

When I said "maintain" I just meant someone who'd be willing to stick around the Resorts Board even after their trip has been completed, and who'd be willing to update the original Post (you know, the email addresses, phone numbers, and other basic concierge/club level info) once in a while.

Whoever starts the new thread doesn't have to do anything more than that; just basically oversee the thread and keep the basic info in Post #1 updated.

I've stayed at the Polynesian concierge 5 times, and Wilderness Lodge concierge once. I definitely don't consider myself to be a concierge expert, by any means! LOL I know that a lot of other DISers have stayed at several of the resorts (club level) and maybe one of them would be willing to start (and "maintain") the new thread? If nobody else wants to do it, then I'd do it (I've been here on the DIS for over 7 years now and don't plan on leaving any time soon. LOL), but I already try to maintain the Polynesian FAQ thread, and I really only have a lot of experience with Polynesian concierge.

So...after all that rambling on.... any takers out there? :magnify: All we need is someone with enthusiasm for the Disney resorts' club level, and a little bit of time to post once in a while!! :cheer2:
You really don't even have to have stayed concierge YET; all of us contribute by posting our experiences and answering each others' questions! :)

P.S. If anyone does start a new Concierge/Club Level thread, please post a link to it here in this thread!! :)

Has anyone PMd the original thread poster? Sometimes people are "funny" when someone takes over or creates a new thread like the one they began. Just askin' because I wouldn't want anyone to have hurt feelings. :hug:

Has anyone PMd the original thread poster? Sometimes people are "funny" when someone takes over or creates a new thread like the one they began. Just askin' because I wouldn't want anyone to have hurt feelings. :hug:

That's a good point! I'll do that now. :thumbsup2 Post #1 hasn't been updated since 2004 which is why I made the assumption that the OP had abandoned it!

That's a good point! I'll do that now. :thumbsup2 Post #1 hasn't been updated since 2004 which is why I made the assumption that the OP had abandoned it!

Hi Tess :wave2:

I suggested that a new thread be created because the OP hasn't been back here in years, and people have been mentioning that the concierge contact info in Post #1 is no longer valid, and as you know, only the OP can update that info.

And not for nothing, but when a person decides to no longer participate on a particular thread or message board (for whatever reason; or if they've been banned, for example, and can't come back), then I wouldn't worry too much about offending them. (Just my 2 cents). :confused3 Like I said, this thread was started almost 4 years ago. If I didn't update the Polynesian FAQ periodically, and the info in that thread became obsolete, then I definitely would not be offended if someone took it upon themselves to start a fresh thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter