Useful Concierge Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is everyone's favorite food offering at each of the CLs??? I am looking forward to all of the responses.popcorn::

I have heard that the gummy sharks at the Poly are to die for.:rotfl:

Just got back On Saturday from GF RPC, we had a great time:goodvibes
My 14 year old DGD and I both agreed that the bananna bread at the CL lounge was the best ever!! So moist and yummy. I also have to admit that I just LOVED the butter that they have out. It had a different, kind of subtle sweet taste. So for me, the bananna bread w/ butter was the BEST :cloud9:

Karen :)

Every time I've driven to a resort from the airport when staying CL I've had to ask the valet to call a CL CM for me.

However, whenever I've seen CL CMs waiting outside the resort entrance they seem to have been waiting for the ME (the ME arrives shortly afterwards), so this got me thinking - if you get the ME, when you check in for the ME do the CMs call ahead to the resort to let them know you're on your way?

I'm really not sure of the answer to this, but I can tell you that when DGD and I arrived at GF (stayed RPC) via the ME there was a CL CM waiting there for us. It was really quite a pleasant surprise:goodvibes I never expected anyone to be there waiting for us. I thought we were just suppossed to go to the CL check in desk. Not having to wait on line to check in would have been good enough for us, however the CM met us as we got off the ME bus and took us directly to our room. We had "in room check in", I had never heard of this but it sure was great!! He told us about the hotel, let us know about the extra magic hours and in no time we were checked in. I even gave him a different cc to put on our KTTW tickets, other than the one I had used for the deposit, and no problem!! We were checked in in no time and ready to go.

I have to admit, this was my first time staying concierge level, and I thought that perhaps the IPO CM (Denny :lovestruc ) that I had been dealing with had arranged this :confused3

I need the contact email and phone no for beach club conceirge

Because I have less than 10 posts, The Powers That Be won't allow me to post an e-mail address. However, I can give you the Beach Club Concierge phone number:

(407) 934-1448

The Beach Club concierges with whom I have worked have all been exceedingly polite and helpful. I'm sure they will be happy to give you the e-mail address.

Anita

As I mentioned in my earlier post we had a wonderful time at GF RPC. We were met as we got off the ME bus by a concierge CM who took us directly to the room for "In room check in" which I loved.
Also, we got the castle view, which I had requested.

Also, when we arrived at Narcooses for dinner, our menu had our last name printed on it, stating, " ----- family".

At Kona Cafe, when we were called to the podium for our dinner, the lady at the podium whispered something to our waitres, and before seating us the waitress took us to the front of the room and gave us a "tour" of the desserts on display.

What I am wondering, having never stayed concierge before is, were these "specials" something that are always done for concierge guests, or do you think that the IPO CM that I worked with prior to the trip had arranged them?? If so I would like to thank him, maybe send a card (and gift card ??)

Anyway, the in room check in and getting the castle view was probably the most special for us and just made us sooo happy, we really felt the magic from the beginning.

So, do you think that it was prearranged by the IPO CM?

We ate at the Kona Cafe twice last week and they gave us a tour of the desserts the second time we ate there, but not the first. We were not staying concierge. I think this is just something they do occasionally and it worked because we ordered dessert the second time! They were good!

This will be the first time that we had stayed in a level room. I am not sure exactly what all the CR IPO can or will do. Will they help in making ADR's? I am hoping to plan a couple that I am already afraid that I will not be able to make, and I'm just wondering if it's easier for them to make the hard ADR's.

This will be the first time that we had stayed in a level room. I am not sure exactly what all the CR IPO can or will do. Will they help in making ADR's? I am hoping to plan a couple that I am already afraid that I will not be able to make, and I'm just wondering if it's easier for them to make the hard ADR's.

ADR's - YES Including Character/Princess Breakfast
Spa Appointments - YES
Firework Cruises - YES
Any ticketed event - YES
Magical Express - YES
Personal Shopping - YES w/your credit card of course. ;)

They can order or make arrangements for just about anything you need. Do let them handle all the hard to get itinerary items such as Princess Breakfast or firework cruise aboard the Breathless or Grand1. It's much easier for you to have them do it all besides you doing part of it and they doing the other. They'll email you a complete itinerary to review and make changes if necessary. Plus, they can help you with any changes to your reservations while you are there.

The IPO will make all your ADRs and any other reservations you want--tours, Cirque, golf, spa treatments. I gave them a list and they got everything I requested.

Thank you VAgal76 and John's Mom (I'm the mom of a John too), that was the answer that I really wanted. I want to be able to eat lunch at CRT and then dinner at Le Cellier on Mother's Day, so I'm thinking they will have more luck than I will.

When you email the IPO at the resort you are going to be staying at, how long does it usually take for them to get back to you? I emailed them yesterday and I haven't gotten a response yet. In addition to asking what info they needed to make my ADR's, my DH wanted me to ask them what he needed to do in order for him to "suprise" me with a white chocolate monorail for Mother's Day. I am just worried that I might have sent it to the wrong email address. Should I give it a few more days, or does it normally take a couple of days for them to get back to you? TIA for any and all advice.

Hi there!

Every time I've emailed the IPO, I've gotten an instant "canned" response saying:

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort Itinerary Planning
Office. It will be our pleasure to assist you with any questions or
requests pertaining to your upcoming Walt Disney World Resort
reservation. You will receive a response from a member of our team
within 24 hours of receipt of this message"

I would think that if you didn't get that response, then you probably have the incorrect email address.

Which IPO were you contacting?

Hello all!

We are staying at the GF in a Sugar Loaf club level room. Is this the same as concierge?

If so, I didn't know and I have been making all of my ADRs and such on my own. I have a request for an ADR change for this Friday night :eek: and I wonder if they'd be able to do it for me? And would I even have time to try, since I haven't been in contact with any one from the concierge yet?

Also, I saw something on the first page of this LLOOOOOONG thread that peaked my interest...it said that you could arrange a special Sunrise Safari that includes breakfast at Tusker House at AK if you're using concierge. Is this only for concierge guests at AKL? I'd really love to be able to get that for a suprise for my DH. That post was from years ago though, so they may not even do this anymore. :confused3

Anyways, thanks so much in advance!

Also, I saw something on the first page of this LLOOOOOONG thread that peaked my interest...it said that you could arrange a special Sunrise Safari that includes breakfast at Tusker House at AK if you're using concierge. Is this only for concierge guests at AKL?

Yes. You can only do the sunrise safari if you are AKL CL. The Sunset Safari is for anyone staying at AKL but pretty cha-ching. You can do the Wildlife Discovery Excursion if you are staying CL at any WDW deluxe hotel.

HTH :)

As I mentioned in my earlier post we had a wonderful time at GF RPC. We were met as we got off the ME bus by a concierge CM who took us directly to the room for "In room check in" which I loved.
Also, we got the castle view, which I had requested.

Also, when we arrived at Narcooses for dinner, our menu had our last name printed on it, stating, " ----- family".

At Kona Cafe, when we were called to the podium for our dinner, the lady at the podium whispered something to our waitres, and before seating us the waitress took us to the front of the room and gave us a "tour" of the desserts on display.

What I am wondering, having never stayed concierge before is, were these "specials" something that are always done for concierge guests, or do you think that the IPO CM that I worked with prior to the trip had arranged them?? If so I would like to thank him, maybe send a card (and gift card ??)

Anyway, the in room check in and getting the castle view was probably the most special for us and just made us sooo happy, we really felt the magic from the beginning.

So, do you think that it was prearranged by the IPO CM?

Can any of you Dissers who are familiar with the workings of IPO please give me your opinion re my above post.

If our "magical" events were due to our IPO CM I really would like to acknowledge him in a special way (gift card maybe) :flower3:.

TIA,

Hello all!

We are staying at the GF in a Sugar Loaf club level room. Is this the same as concierge?

If so, I didn't know and I have been making all of my ADRs and such on my own. I have a request for an ADR change for this Friday night :eek: and I wonder if they'd be able to do it for me? And would I even have time to try, since I haven't been in contact with any one from the concierge yet?

Also, I saw something on the first page of this LLOOOOOONG thread that peaked my interest...it said that you could arrange a special Sunrise Safari that includes breakfast at Tusker House at AK if you're using concierge. Is this only for concierge guests at AKL? I'd really love to be able to get that for a suprise for my DH. That post was from years ago though, so they may not even do this anymore. :confused3

Anyways, thanks so much in advance!

1. Yes, Sugar Loaf is the same as concierge. At the GF, there are 2 club areas, the main building and SL. Each has their own concierge desk and lounge with the same food offerings throughout the day.

2. Yes, they will make/change your ADRs for you. Also, if they make them or know about them, they will print out an ADR itinerary for you for your entire stay. It's very convenient. Call them ASAP, though.

3. The Sunrise Safari w/breakfast is only for AKL Club guests. The Wildlife Discovery Excursion is an option for you, though. It is a bit less expensive and doesn't come with a meal. The IPO office at the GF can make the reservations for you. I think it is offered twice a day, late morning and mid-afternoon. It starts/ends at AK. The IPO office should be able to give you all the details.

Have a great time! We've stayed in Sugar Loaf before and the CMs working in there were fantastic. Also, the lounge area in Sugar Loaf is so convenient!:)

Can any of you Dissers who are familiar with the workings of IPO please give me your opinion re my above post.

If our "magical" events were due to our IPO CM I really would like to acknowledge him in a special way (gift card maybe) :flower3:.

TIA,

Most, if not all, of what you described is a normal function of IPO. Having said that, it appears you did get an awesome IPO CM who made sure everything was done as it should be! :goodvibes What you could do for the IPO CM that would probably mean more to him than a "gift" would be to send an email to Disney praising that CM (and any others who you feel went "above and beyond"). The executive offices will acknowledge your email - usually with a phone call - and your "praise" will be included in the CMs personnel file.

I did that for my most recent AKL-CL trip and was assured that the CMs I praised would be "recognized". (I'm assuming that's a good thing! ;))

Here's the email address: wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Hi there!

Every time I've emailed the IPO, I've gotten an instant "canned" response saying:

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort Itinerary Planning
Office. It will be our pleasure to assist you with any questions or
requests pertaining to your upcoming Walt Disney World Resort
reservation. You will receive a response from a member of our team
within 24 hours of receipt of this message"

I would think that if you didn't get that response, then you probably have the incorrect email address.

Which IPO were you contacting?

Unless it went to my spam folder, I didn't get any kind of email back. I have a habit of not looking at any email in my spam folder and just delete all emails without looking in the folder. I will just try emailing them again. When I emailed them before I just copied the email address from the first page of this thread, and then pasted it to send it.
We are staying at the Contemporary, Atrium Club level to be specific.

Unless it went to my spam folder, I didn't get any kind of email back. I have a habit of not looking at any email in my spam folder and just delete all emails without looking in the folder. I will just try emailing them again. When I emailed them before I just copied the email address from the first page of this thread, and then pasted it to send it.

Some, if not all, of the email addresses in post 1 are no longer valid. (There is also other information in post 1 that's outdated.) I don't know if CR's IPO email has changed, but I would suspect it has. What I would suggest is you place a call to the CR IPO - I believe their phone # is Phone #407-824-1775. If you get voicemail, leave a message, they'll call you back.

If you learn that they do have a new email, please come back and post it. I'm sure others would appreciate the update. Thanks! :)

I would try the following email:

contemporary.itinerary.planning@disneyworld.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter