Useful Concierge Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofyJoofy

What's a Counterless Guy to do?<br><font color=660
To get us started:

All of Disney's Deluxe resorts offer concierge level service for an additional fee.
In addition to Disney's Deluxe Resorts, the Swan and Dolphin also offer a similar service but it is called Club Level

<center>One important note:</center>
The Itinerary Planning Office (IPO) will not have your address and phone number if you book through a travel agent or online. You should call them and let them know you are coming. Most of us like to make contact with IPO as soon as we make our resort ressies.

The following are Disney's Deluxe Resorts and their common abbreviations on the DIS:

• AKL - Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • WL - Wilderness Lodge
  • Poly - Polynesian Resort
  • CR - Contemporary Resort
  • GF - Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • BC - Beach Club Resort
  • YC - Yacht Club Resort
  • BWI - BoardWalk Inn

Concierge Email Contact Information:

AKL: wdw.aklodge.concierge@disney.com
WL: wdw.wlodge.itinerary.planning@disney.com
Poly: wdw.polynesian.island.planning.office@disney.com
CR: wdw.contemporary.concierge@disney.com
GF: wdwgfplanning@disney.com
BC/YC/BWI: wdw.ybbw.concierge@disney.com

Concierge Phone Contact Information:

AKL: T: 407-938-4755 F: 407-938-4759
WL: T: 407-824-2466 F: 407-824-3162
Poly: T: 407-824-2466 F: 407-824-3162
CR: T: 407-824-1775 F: 407-824-3461
GF: T: 407-824-1775 F: 407-824-3461
BC/YC/BWI: T: 407-934-1448 F: 407-934-1487

Concierge Mailing Address Information:
Thanks to SueEllen for posting this information.

AKL:
DAK Itinerary Planning Office
2901 Osceola Parkway
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

WL:
Concierge Itinerary Planning Office
1600 Seven Seas Drive

Poly:
1600 Seven Seas Drive

CR:
4401 Grand Floridian Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL. 32830

GF:
4401 Grand Floridian Way

BC/YC/BWI:
1800 Epcot Resorts Blvd.

This is a friendly group willing to share their experiences and tips to make your Concierge trip a vacation to remember.

So come in, site down, and have a treat from our lounge.

Edited to add phone and mailing information.

Good afternoon,

Does anyone have the e-mail address for the Contemporary CL 14th floor IPO office. I spoke with them on the phone the other day and forgot to get the e-mail address in case I needed it.

Thanks in advance!:wave:

ARGH! This thread keeps locking itself down with the wrong titles and only one page of posts! Trying to "fix" it again.

Hi guys, this thread is a great thread for concierge information. The personal messages (aka 'lounge') has been moved over to the community board.
Lizard Lounge

The moderators have worked hard to help pull out the great information that you all offer here so that it was not lost. Please keep this thread on topic. Feel free to continue the "lounge" talks over on the Community Board.
Sue Ellen

BT, I hope you aren't too offended! Is everyone OK with moving to the Community Board? I have never visited over there but I'll go anywhere for my Lizard Lounge!! Please don't tell me the LL is no more!:( :faint: :scared: :worried: :sad:

I'm getting a little bit dizzy, but I'll jump on with some specific concierge contact information.

So far, I've only stayed concierge at the GF. They have 2 levels of service here, full and limited. You'll find limited concierge in the Sugar Loaf building. Personally, I'd describe the feel here as a bed & breakfast. It's just very homey. What makes it limited is the lack of alcohol with the evening food service and a shortened lounge service. Typcially it ends at 7pm. The main building is full service and much more spread out. Floor balconies overlook the main lobby and the lounge is located on the 4th floor. In the evenings you have a choice of wines (beer is available upon request) and their food service finale are trays of desserts and cordials from 8pm-10pm. This resort offers private check in for concierge guests. Being contacted ahead of time by the IPO department is iffy here. My suggestion for anyone staying in concierge is to facilitate the process by e-mailing them once you have a reservation. In my dealings with this department, they have always been professional.

I'm currently working on a trip to the Yacht Club concierge. So far, I can report that the IPO staff here is outstanding. They have been extremely helpful and supportive with a few last minute changes. The planning packet that I received contained quite a bit of information. They sent along park maps, recreation and resort guides in addition to a pre-planning questionnaire. I also received a key to the elevator, which will allow us up to the concierge floor for private check-in. Unfortunately, we're scheduled to arrive late at the resort and we'll be registering at the front desk.

Tammi

Itinerary Planning Office
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Phone: 407-938-4755
Fax: 407-938-4759
email: wdw.aklodge.concierge@disney.com
First, let me say that this concierge experience is considered one of the best by many who frequent concierge level service. Another plus is being able to see animals not only right outside your balcony, but during two get aways that you can only reserve if you are a concierge guest!
The Sunrise safari accepts all ages and goes through the back entrance of AK and onto the savannahs. The tour is very thorough and stops are much more frequent than during the regular ride. The tour ends with a fabulous breakfast buffet at Tusker house for all of the participants. The cost is aprox. 50 dollars per person/ less for children and is held on Tuesday and Saturday mornings.
The sunset safari is for concierge guests 12 and over and explores the savannahs on the lodge property, and ends with a delicious full course dinner similar to a chef's table experience, complete with wine pairings. There is a limit of 8 guests for the Sunset Safari and the cost is 150.00 per person.

Lounge offerings are as follows, but may change at any time:
(taken from DISboards)
Macheo (Sunrise Offering)
6:30am
Coffee and assorted juices

Miamko (Adventurous Awakenings)
7:00AM - 10:30AM
An assortment of fresh fruits, juices, pastries and cereals.

Vitafunio (Safari Snacks)
11:30AM to 3:00PM
Various snacks and beverages

Chai (Afternoon Tea)
3:00PM - 4:30PM
Loose leaf teas, assorted scones, cookies and biscuits.

Kisikusiku (Twighlight Offerings)
5:00PM - 7:00PM
Assorted wines, hors d'oeuvers, and specialty appetizers (provided from the Lodge's restaurants, like Jiko and Boma)

Rehema (Evening Indulgences)
8:00PM - 10:00PM
Desserts and Cordials

The concierge floor consists of 55 deluxe rooms, 17 suites and the Vice Presidential and Presidential Suites. The deluxe rooms are larger than the standard rooms at 381 sq. ft. Most of the rooms are located on the 6th floor, with some on the fifth floor. Special requests for views in other areas of the lodge not usually considered concierge rooms are usually granted.

All this... and baby ankole, too!

THERE! DONE! (and done, and done again!)

Have a LOVELY weekend everyone! *biggiegrouphugs*
Debbie

Our family is new to Disney. We are staying GF Concierge (Sugar Loaf bldg) in a 2 bdrm suite next month.

I am disappointed to hear that there is limited concierge service and the main bldg is much better--this suite was really expensive and my expectations are therefore very high.

Will there be beer/wine available by request in Sugar Loaf? Am I going to be disappointed expecting first class service?

Are the concierge staff members prepared to handle requests (for example, a child gets sick and needs some Tylenol or something) or should I pack for every situation? I thought there would be a lot of perks to this suite--more than just breakfast and cocktails.

One more question: I wanted mickey mouse ears for all the kids (With their names) to be waiting in the suite when we arrive...can I requested this through the concierge staff?

THANKS from a newbie!

Micmacmissy, check with your pre-planner. I believe that for anyone staying in a GF suite, they can use both the Sugar Loaf and the Main Building concierge lounges.

My experience with the concierge staff has been excellent. I've never had a problem arise with needing anything out of the ordinary, so I can't comment on how well that's handled. As for taking care of pre-purchases, you can certainly put in your request with whoever you're working with right now. They'll need your credit card information if it's not already on file with them. If your suite has been assigned, I don't see why the gifts couldn't be waiting for you. Otherwise, they should be sent up right after you check in. I would just follow up with them a few days before you arrive to make sure everything's been taken care of.

Tammi

great idea, #1hockeymom to post the lounge offerings; here's what I remember from the Poly. I thought I still had my Poly literature, but didn't, so I'm doing this from memory, so excuse my (mis)spellings!

Hours of service for food and beverage offerings (as with the other resorts, offerings change periodically:

7 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. -- Kakahiaka - Morning Service

Whole fresh fruit, orange juice, pastries, bagels, English muffins, peanut butter, cream cheese, jelly and other assorted condiments, cold cereals, milk, coffee and assorted teas. Yogurt and instant oatmeal on request.

Noon - 4 p.m. -- Afternoon Service

Whole fresh fruit, cookies (super yummy oatmeal, chocolate chip, sugar) and other snacks, including gummy worms, Skittles, goldfish crackers, trail mix. Orange-guava juice, lemonade, tea, coffee, bottled water (in large bottles, not individual ones) and sodas.

5 - 7 p.m. -- Ahiahi - Evening Service

Hors d'oeuvres, including vegetable crudites, cheese and crackers, cut-up fruit, and various hot appetizers. Some of the appetizers we've seen more than once are: sushi, vegetable spring rolls, fried rice, chicken & beef satay, Hawaiian pulled pork w/mini-buns and chicken wings. Wines and beer. The beer is sometimes out in a galvanized tub on the counter, but other times you must request it from a CM. Children's snacks include "uncrustables" pb&j sandwiches.

8 - 10 p.m. -- Aumoe - Late Evening Service

Bite-size desserts (miniature eclairs, key lime tartlets, etc. ) and cordials, including Amaretto, Grand Marnier, Courvoisier, Frangelico, Kahlua and Bailey's.

Coffee and tea are always available and there is an espresso/cappuccino machine that also does lattes, mochas, and hot chocolate.

Since we already had a concierge thread I have merged these together. BambiTamby you were told that there was no need to place a second thread with the same information. Please do not continue this.

Sue Ellen

Originally posted by MNTerri
How's the lounge food at the Beach Club?
From what I recall...it was yummy! But...not quite as yummy as the CR 14th floor....oh. The hot apps from the CALI GRILL *(Med Pizza...etc) were SO delish! DD wants to stay there AGAIN this summer, but with London/Paris Looming in two weeks, The Los Angeles Disney Magic Anniversary celebration Cruise in June '05, plus the "usual" CL/Suites summer vacation in Orlando...it may prove tough to squeeze it in (Especially since we are extending both the PBH & Disney's Vero Beach (Two weeks) this summer. :rolleyes: But...by the time the summer rolls around...I'll probably have it reserved. :teeth: C'est la vie!!

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

Yacht Club 5th Floor CL floor plans

Beach Club Concierge floor plans

More Concierge addresses and emails:

Polynesian
1600 Seven Seas Drive
email is wdw.polynesian.island.planning.office@disney.com
phone numbers....407-824-2466
fax is 407-824-3162.

Wilderness Lodge (shares the same IPO for snail mail)
but has a separate email
WDW.WLodge.Itinerary.Planning@disney.com

Grand Floridan/Contemporary
4401Grand Floridian Way

email for GF is
WDWGFPlanning@disney.com
phone numbers....407-824-1775
fax....407-824-3461

Contemporary email
wdw.contemporary.concierge@disney.com

Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach Club is

Disney's Yacht and Beach Club
1800 Epcot Resorts Blvd.
email is WDW.YBBW.Concierge@disney.com
phone numbers are 407-934-1448
fax is 407-934-1487

Concierge for the AKL
DAK Itinerary Planning Office
Disney's Animal Kingdom Resort
2901 Osceola Parkway
email is WDW.AKLodge.Concierge@disney.com
phone number is 407-938-4755
concierge fax is 407-938-4759

I added a link to the Community Board Lizard Lounge for the personal discussions on the first page also so it can be easily found.

Sue Ellen

I really like how easy it is now to find info on the various concierges. Thanks everyone. Nice to have al ink if people want to visit with LLs too. Thanks SueEllen.

Donna, you don't have to worry about your spelling for the Polynesian lounge because the sheet from October no longer uses the Hawaiian terms. There are some slight changes in hours too:

Coffee: 6:30-7
Continental Breakfast: 7-10:30
Refreshments: 11:30-4:00
Wine and Cheese Selections: 5:00-7:00
Cordials and Desserts: 8:00-10:00

It was fun meeting you there Donna.::yes::

thanks for the clarifications, BVC23; you must have received a different sheet though (I think you did check in a few days later) 'cuz mine still had the Polynesian names. That's our Disney - the changes will keep us on our toes! That's why I love these boards - can't get more current than this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter