Upset the castle is slowly disappearing...

I haven't been to DLP since 2007 and was rather looking forward to seeing the castle. However, count me in on those who are glad to see the maintanence going on! I loved the beauty of DLP in the 90s and was so dissappointed with its upkeep in 2003. In 2007 things looked much better for the 15th anniversary, but I am secretely a bit afraid that things have become worse again... So this is a great sign - together with the Sequoia Lodge refurb! :thumbsup2 I just wish that EuroDisney SCA would finally start to earn money so that they can run these parks as they should be run! :thumbsup2

We go for our first trip the 3rd week in september. Im so hoping its finshed by then. I cant bring myself to mention it to our 7 year old. Shes so pleased to be going and seeing the castle.

We go for our first trip the 3rd week in september. Im so hoping its finshed by then. I cant bring myself to mention it to our 7 year old. Shes so pleased to be going and seeing the castle.

The original refurb dates were March - September... seeing as they've started a month early, I'm pretty sure you'll have no worries about seeing the castle in its full restored glory! :thumbsup2

I feel for those of you who won't get to see the castle on your first trips :( I guess by 15th June some refurb will still be going on, but who knows what stage it will be at by then.
Like others though, I am glad to see problems being addressed and look forward to a shiny bright castle for the 20th Anniversary.

oh no it seems that Our Castle will be covered with a horrible non printed tarp :sad2: Sorry for everyone going soon

Mika from Disneycentralplaza has posted a new picture:

p1350180211.jpg

http://disneycentralplaza.englishbo...de-mars-a-septembre-2011-echafaudages-page-12

The covering on the scaffold went up over night on Thursday, it was the only action we saw all week, hopefully they will put a canvas up.

Just seen the pictures.... gutted.... how can they do this when its a peak week! I didn't know anything about it before this board and I didn't think it wind be inrecognisable :-(

Just seen the pictures.... gutted.... how can they do this when its a peak week! I didn't know anything about it before this board and I didn't think it wind be inrecognisable :-(

The only hope I have is that this is a pre-covering. They began with a White tarp last time with the town square photography building, thena few days later added a printed one on top of that... Fingers crossed everyone for some fast pixie dust action!!! :wizard:

i have read that they will be adding a themed tarp next sunday. hopefully they will get around to doing this before then

It seems odd that they are refurbishing it to be completed in sep....aka the end of busy season. I would have thought they would aim to have it done by late June. Odd but I look forward to seeing the castle in it's full beauty.

It seems odd that they are refurbishing it to be completed in sep....aka the end of busy season. I would have thought they would aim to have it done by late June. Odd but I look forward to seeing the castle in it's full beauty.

I thought this too, but then they are starting with the outside first, so come the summer season it will only be the inside being refurbed which will mean the castle will be beautifully restored and visible from the outside... Disney's main objective is to get it all ready for the 20th Anniversary next year.

I'm really looking forward to seeing it at its true beauty. Obviously I'm gutted for my trip in 3 weeks, but I do understand why this has to be done and it definately is necessary.

By July I expect they will have the majority completed, they've already started a month early so their September completion date could be more like August now :banana:

I thought this too, but then they are starting with the outside first, so come the summer season it will only be the inside being refurbed which will mean the castle will be beautifully restored and visible from the outside... Disney's main objective is to get it all ready for the 20th Anniversary next year.

I'm really looking forward to seeing it at its true beauty. Obviously I'm gutted for my trip in 3 weeks, but I do understand why this has to be done and it definately is necessary.

By July I expect they will have the majority completed, they've already started a month early so their September completion date could be more like August now :banana:

Is there anywhere official saying the outside will be done by early summer?

Is there anywhere official saying the outside will be done by early summer?

I'm not too sure to be honest... but I read on a thread somewhere that they cannot do the fireworks over the castle in the summer if the scaffolding is still up due to fire safety reasons, so it stands to reason that the outside will be first priority because of this...

we were @ DLP yday and i was shocked / sad to see scaffolding up at the front of the castle ! :(

Guess they have to do the work sometime,but not during my trips please :rotfl:

what's going on elsewhere with all the green fencing popping up ?!! :confused3

we were @ DLP yday and i was shocked / sad to see scaffolding up at the front of the castle ! :(

Guess they have to do the work sometime,but not during my trips please :rotfl:

what's going on elsewhere with all the green fencing popping up ?!! :confused3

They're relaying a lot of the floor. I think they've done Adventureland and Discoveryland and are now doing the bit to the right of the castle.

Apparently they're changing the floor there, it used to be bland concrete but they're now laying bricks.

Before:
90645306.png

After:
47518.jpg

Images from Disney Central Plaza

I emailed Disney (quite a while back actually) asking about the refurbishment of the castle... Today I received the below email which a lot of people may find VERY interesting, especially considering the original refurb time was advertised as March - September..

-----------------

Dear Guest,

Thank you for contacting Disneyland Paris.

We kindly inform you that the Sleeping Beauty Castle is currently under refurbishment and the maintenance work will continue until June 2011. We would like to apologize for any disappointment that this may cause.

Please note that certain parades, attractions, restaurants and shops operate on a seasonal basis and may be closed, delayed or cancelled without prior notice for safety reasons or technical difficulties.

If you have any other question regarding your future stay with us, please feel free to send us an email.

We look forward to welcoming you to Disneyland Paris. Have a magical day!

Yours sincerely

--------------------------

This I found quite interesting and it does suggest - quite boldly actually - that the castle will be all shiny and completed before the Summer period, as we all expected. :wizard:

Ohh, that is interesting. Looks like it's going to be completed way ahead of what they were saying.

I go on June the 27th so i am keeping my fingers crossed it will be finished or at least without scaffolding then :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter