Upset the castle is slowly disappearing...

Does anybody know if the Christmas shop inside will be closed at anytime for the refurb, just thinking ahead as i like to get a christmas decoration for the year that i go as it looks like it will still be going on during our trip in July.

also my dd likes to walk through the castle and pretend she is a princess in her castle so wondered if the walk through will be closed too?

i'm sorry to those who are going that won't be able to see the castle in all it's full disney magic. :hug:

No idea re. the Christmas Shoppe - but I'm like you, I like to get decorations from there each time I go.. I doubt they will close the store though - it will lose them money won't it ;)

As for walking under the castle - I'm pretty certain that's going to be a big no no unfortunately :sad2: Although, it all depends. If they refurb the castle in sections at a time (i.e. left, then right for example), they may leave the inside open for a while... But at some stage it will definately be closed due to the refurb

Thanks rottie155,

dd wont be happy if she can't play princesses in the castle :rotfl2:.

Lets hope if the christmas shop is not open they dedicate a section in one of the shops for the items. i need my baulbles :lmao:

I would imagine that if they close the Christmas shop they'll definitely move most of the stock to another one ~ I mean, the tills are constantly ringing in there, aren't they! Or perhaps they will still allow access to the shops from either the front or the back of the Castle but not access all the way through, if you get what I mean.

the main hotel shop sells xmas decs too and so does the shop in the village which has a bigger selection :thumbsup2

We have been seriously contemplating a few weeks in France this summer, but if we did so, I wanted to spend a few days at the parks. When I read about this a few months ago, I was really disappointed and have kind of put those plans on hold. I would hate for it to be my first and probably only visit in a very long, long time to not include being able to see the castle. We would probably travel in July or August. There aren't any other times we can go this year. I would be okay if it is just scaffolding on the lower part like there is now, but if the actual castle is covered, it would be so sad.

it's our first visit in March... :sad2:

It's our first trip too. Coming from California, I doubt I will be able to talk DH into doing this trek again any time soon either :( I was a bit sad about POTC, but I could look past that one, but I am sad I am going to miss seeing what I always heard was the prettiest castle in all it's glory. I do understand though(though I don't have to like it :rotfl:), refurb has to be done during some one's trip.

it's necessary even if we don't like it. We should be glad they do refurb and not leave just as it is. Next time we go to DLP it will be back in all it's shiny and new glory.

I would imagine that if they close the Christmas shop they'll definitely move most of the stock to another one ~ I mean, the tills are constantly ringing in there, aren't they! Or perhaps they will still allow access to the shops from either the front or the back of the Castle but not access all the way through, if you get what I mean.

Lets hope so he he. most of the time the tills are ringing taking my money:rotfl2:. i think i have an addiction when it comes to in this shop

lilacgems23 the main hotel shop sells xmas decs too and so does the shop in the village which has a bigger selection

oooo i forgot about in here thanks:thumbsup2

We go this Sunday, I've seen it before but a bit disappointed that the kids won't get to see the castle properly, especially my little girl as she gets so excited when she see's pics of it, but just means we'll have to plan another trip :thumbsup2

Disney and Co have a good decoration selection too. Bit of a bummer but im far too excited at the thoughts of Crush, TSPL and finally getting to do ToT to let it ruin things. Disney is magic no matter what :wizard::jumping1:

I feel for you first timers! I feel sad because I guess all this means no DLRP vacations for this summer for us. Of course we can always plan the trip for whenever this rehab is finished but it's still sad for us.

It would be our fifth time at DLRP and certainly not our last time there, but we can't even imagine DLP without the majestic castle so we'll have to wait and choose another destination.

I'm glad they're doing this though, the castle does need repair and rehab, but they could have kept up to date with the rehab calendar (for what I know the rehab was delayed for some reason).

Now what I'd really like to know is what's in store for the 20th Anniversary. I'll check the boards to see if there's any news posted. We definitely want to be there for the 20th, the 15th was magical!

I can't help to think that maybe they should close for a week or two every year so that they can rehab these iconic elements of the parks without letting their guests down so much? Really if I was a first timer I would be quite angry. I know anyone who plans a trip there should take a look at the calendar and check what's going to be closed at the planned dates in order to make any necessary changes to the trip dates but still...

I hope you can afford going to DLRP once more in the future, IMHO the castle is worth visiting :)

I made sure I told my parents what they are to expect re. the refurbs. I'm not overly bothered for myself as I have plenty of photos in front of the Castle - but my parents haven't seen it in over a decade...

Strangely enough though, my Dad seems really excited about seeing it with scaffolding up and being done... Odd man! Still, at least it hasn't ruined the trip for him!

I'm just glad the Studios will be refurb-free (for the most-part) so they get to enjoy the studios properly as they've never seen it before.

I'm really glad they're doing this (even though it will effect my upcoming trip).

Hopefully they'll put up some nice covers on it like Tokyo did when they did theirs:

the-castle.jpg

They didn't do such a good job covering the California castle!

disney_0408_009.jpg

I'm really glad they're doing this (even though it will effect my upcoming trip).

Hopefully they'll put up some nice covers on it like Tokyo did when they did theirs:

the-castle.jpg

They didn't do such a good job covering the California castle!

disney_0408_009.jpg

Tokyo's castle looks really well even with a refurb :thumbsup2

The California castle looks awful :confused3....now if they did the DLP castle like that it would be a terrible dissappointment

My biggest fear is that they will just give it a disgusting cover-over like the Californian one in the picture...

Now, if they do it like the TDL Castle I will be extremely pleased! I think it looks fantastic, even with the refurb!! :thumbsup2

See that is what I remember of the castle! Happy 49th Birthday, everything was covered or boarded up, sorta like the fun at California Adventure right now :scared1: (ok nothing could be that bad :rotfl:). If they do the Tokyo cover I could survive though as that actually looks pretty cool.

Oooh I really hope they do the Tokoyo cover up and not the Califorrnia one, only another 6 sleeps and we'll know :banana::yay::banana::yay:

We are first time visitor so gutted about the castle. Does this mean that we will not be able to view the inside of it? I looked on the closure list and it never said anything about the castle, just the dragon:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter