Upset the castle is slowly disappearing...

rottie155

<font color=royalblue>Clochette? CLOCHETTE!!!!!<br
I was really hoping the refurbishment of le chateau de la belle au bois dormant wouldn't be overly visible - or spoil the focal point to the magic of the park, especially during our visit in March.

But looking at DLRP Magic it seems like we're going to have a bit of a disappointment when we visit :sad1:

http://www.dlrptoday.com/2011/02/11/scaffolding-climbs-fast-up-and-around-le-chateaus-faded-castle-walls/

I feel gutted - I just hope we can get a couple of nice glimpses of the castle... At the same time I'm also really curious as to what's going to happen on St. Patrick's Day - the fireworks are supposed to be over the castle - well it will be a bit of an eyesore if the castle is covered in scaffolding :confused3

What are your views?

i am going in two weeks and was a bit upset when i heard this. i have seen the castle plenty of times so i will try to look left and right of it lol

I am sure i read somewhere that they will cover it with something and paint the castle onto that, a bit like they did when they re-painted the Town Square photography shop.

It is a real shame though for anyone due to visit soon, especially those visiting for the first time.

I did notice however in January how desperate the castle was for a face lift. If you looked up close it was quite bad.

i am going in two weeks and was a bit upset when i heard this. i have seen the castle plenty of times so i will try to look left and right of it lol

Sonya, I may actually just stand and cry!! :rotfl:

I don't think it will affect the fireworks too much as it will be dark so hopefully the scaffolding won't be too visible then and hopefully any laser show they have will work OK on the tarpaulin. I think it's in the daytime that it will be worse although if they cover it like they did the one at WDW it may not look too bad from way down in Main Street, it's just close up it will look awful.

I don't mind too much for myself as we've always been lucky up until now and I am hoping very much to go back next year for the 20th and see it in all its spruced up glory but I really feel for anyone whose first visit will be spoiled.

it's our first visit in March... :sad2:

I think I'd cry if it were my first time too :hug: but if you look at all our tickers, this trip won't be your last. You'll just have to use it as an excuse to go back! ::yes::

I'm a bit gutted as you know it was a trip for my parents more than anything and they've not been to the park in over a decade... but at least they HAVE seen the castle many times before...

Like you said Elaine, it just means we need to book MORE trips!! :thumbsup2

I still wanna cry though haha

You will definately have to book another trip :rotfl2:

We got to see the castle in its full glory on Monday

Picture021.jpg

This was Wednesday

Picture252.jpg

Picture255.jpg

And this was Thursday

Picture299.jpg

Hopefully they will be sympathetic in the way they cover it up and it will not spoil your trip too much

Thanks Tracy !

I'm kinda glad I know what to expect before I go. I think if I never knew it was happening and I stepped onto Main Street USA expecting to see the icon that is the Castle and it wasn't there - I'd be GUTTED!!

At least this way the blow has been softened somewhat :confused3

Our first trip last week of March:headache:
And...I just read Pirates will be closed as well.:eek:

So sad.:confused3

I think I'd cry if it were my first time too :hug: but if you look at all our tickers, this trip won't be your last. You'll just have to use it as an excuse to go back! ::yes::

I'm sure I'm gonna do that :lmao:

I am sorry for those of you affected by the castle refurb :hug:
but it really needs doing.
Close up photos have revealed green moss covering the beautiful pink turrets for years and the work on the bridge last year emphasised the difference in the stonework colours.
I think this photo gives a clear indication of how desperately the castle needs to be brought back to it's former glory, the subtle pastel colours have almost all morphed into dingy grey.
4182_1.jpg

With so many reports of neglected and run down attractions, I'm glad to see that it's something DLP are intending to tackle before it's 20th Anniversary, personally I would rather see money spent on refurbishments like this and I hope Capt Hook's ship is on the list, than on a new attraction (which really doesn't seem likely anyway, given the time frame) for 2012. :)

Has it been announced how long it will take? Im hoping its down for our 11th Jul trip

The refurb is advertised as being from March until September... however, they have already started a month early - so who knows?!

Fingers crossed for you :wizard:

I guess it's because of the weather, spring and summer must be the best season to do such things

Does anybody know if the Christmas shop inside will be closed at anytime for the refurb, just thinking ahead as i like to get a christmas decoration for the year that i go as it looks like it will still be going on during our trip in July.

also my dd likes to walk through the castle and pretend she is a princess in her castle so wondered if the walk through will be closed too?

i'm sorry to those who are going that won't be able to see the castle in all it's full disney magic. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter