Upset the castle is slowly disappearing...

We kindly inform you that the Sleeping Beauty Castle is currently under refurbishment and the maintenance work will continue until June 2011. We would like to apologize for any disappointment that this may cause.

Not much chance for me seeing the castle then, I come home on 1st June. I guess I can only hope we have exceptionally good weather from now until then and then maybe they'll finish ahead of schedule.

Although its a bit of a downer for anyone going at the moment (especially first timers) I'm glad they are putting some effort into restoration for the 20th anniversary.

I like it too! The fairies are cute and distract from the building site aspect lol. I bet that from further down Main St it looks even better, I'm sure more photos will pop up online in the next few days.

Not bad - not bad at all :thumbsup2. Much nicer than having a plain tarp, and I think you're right, from a distance and for castle shots, its not a bad job of camouflage.

I have just seen this and popped on her to say they have put it up. It looks much nicer then being plain i too like loladelorean think the faries are cute.:thumbsup2.

You're totally right lola! Believe me, there will be plenty of photos when I'm there - you will all be bored silly by the Castle photos by the time my TR is over with (warning you all now)! :rotfl:

I just think there's something very magical about it. Where Tokyo Disneyland used a realistic castle photo for the picture tarps (which was amazing), I love how DLP has mixed a cartoon image with the real thing... It really brings home the point of fantasy becoming reality (in my eyes anyway), and that is VERY clever usage of the three fairies to keep with the fact that the Castle belongs to Sleeping Beauty!!

I'm in awe! ............. AWE!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

190065_10150426825400615_278714015614_17313992_979685_n.jpg

imgp6026i.jpg

imgp6027i.jpg

imgp6028i.jpg

imgp6036i.jpg

imgp6040i.jpg

Taken from Disney Central Plaza.

More photos, thanks Happy Tappy!
Yes, I think DLP have put a decent amount of thought into this and hopefully it will soften the blow for visitors disappointed not to see the castle.

I'd say that covering is rather good. Can't wait to see more photos of the progress over the next few months.
Here's to it being finished by mid-June ;)

nice job! not as good as TDL castle's covering but it looks nice!
it looks like the fairies are in charge of the renovation process :thumbsup2

I like it a lot! :D

I can't believe I'll be taking pictures of this on Sunday :cool1::cool1:

I must be the only one who doesn't like the covering, I was hoping that it would be a castle photo and would blend in. To me, this just seems too bright and stands out more than the castle.

For anyone who has been recently, are there any places where you can get a view of the castle without too much renovation work going on? Side or back maybe.

For anyone who has been recently, are there any places where you can get a view of the castle without too much renovation work going on? Side or back maybe.

Looking at those photos of the tarp I would say yes. You can get lovely side shots of the Castle if you stand near the entrance to Adventureland (this is the best place to stand to get the square trees) and also on the other side of the Castle. If you go up on the platform behind the stone benches of the Castle stage (or I should say where the stone benches were) you will get a more elevated view and hopefully be able to take some great photos.

Looking at those photos of the tarp I would say yes. You can get lovely side shots of the Castle if you stand near the entrance to Adventureland (this is the best place to stand to get the square trees) and also on the other side of the Castle. If you go up on the platform behind the stone benches of the Castle stage (or I should say where the stone benches were) you will get a more elevated view and hopefully be able to take some great photos.

Thanks for the quick reply, it sounds like I should get a few good photos then.

Even my son, who's 13, wasn't too impressed when I showed him the photo, apparently he has been looking forward to seeing the castle at DLP. Quite funny considering that he was 5 when he first saw the castle at WDW and he said 'Is that it then?'. We live near Windsor, so maybe I should have prepared him for the fact that the castle was going to be a tad smaller than he was used to.

I'm going to use these tips :goodvibes

the back is not covered at all and i have some nice pics from adventureland side. ash was very excited when she saw the castle covering. she hated the white tarp so nearly passed out when she saw the coloured one lol

Just read on magic forum and thought I would share with you all as I thought it was an amazing showcase of Disney Imagineering at it's VERY best! :wizard:

On the picture tarp in front of the castle you will see, on the side, a window. On it, they have painted what is meant to look like the back of the stained glass window from La Gallerie in the Chateau...

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/disneyland_park/fantasyland/la_galerie_de_la_belle_au_bois_dormant/DSC05921.JPG

I love magical small details like this :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter