Updated plans for Grand Floridian Expansion

I'm not so sure that the wood is darker. If you take a closer look you can see the drapes at the top, which in the photo look darker due to editing, or whatever. In the very middle of the photo the wood looks white. :confused3

I'm not so sure that the wood is darker. If you take a closer look you can see the drapes at the top, which in the photo look darker due to editing, or whatever. In the very middle of the photo the wood looks white. :confused3

I see what you're saying. Maybe they muted the colors for the photo. Though, I'm not sure why. To be artistic?

I see what you're saying. Maybe they muted the colors for the photo. Though, I'm not sure why. To be artistic?

:confused3 That's what it looks like to me, like they were trying to make the photo antique-y looking. It just wouldn't make very much sense for them to put dark wood in there, unless they are trying to match the floors?

:confused3 That's what it looks like to me, like they were trying to make the photo antique-y looking. It just wouldn't make very much sense for them to put dark wood in there, unless they are trying to match the floors?

Who knows what they are doing in there. At this point, I think we need to see what our ladies with weddings and planning sessions this week have to say.

And hopefully someone can maybe get us a better picture of the windows when they have a site visit or something? If not, I have another site visit in two weeks, I can get some pictures then. :)

I will be going there tomorrow and I will be taking lots of pics of the WP for everyone. I will be posting them on Friday!

If those are the same walls I saw on Friday those pictures make them look more visible from the pavilion than they are. There is a slight slope to the grass outside the windows and they don't stand out that much when sitting inside the pavilion. I do have a picture of the windows as of Friday and that window was not in place. It appears that they actually removed the existing stained glass so that they could theme the window all together. I am still in Disney but don't think I can make it over to get new pictures today.

In all honesty I'm actually kind of relieved, it really doesn't look that bad to me.....yet. But yeah, I definitely think they should be telling us WP brides about this.

I don't think it looks too bad, either... it's certainly not something my guests will see and think "ugh, what a mess!" I hope that Disney will continue to be as tactful for the sake of WP brides.

On a side note, does anyone know what they're working on back there? I haven't seen it in person, but from the pics it looks like a long weird stretch of wall. Or are we guessing more walls will continue to go up until the whole area is fenced off?

I don't think it looks too bad, either... it's certainly not something my guests will see and think "ugh, what a mess!" I hope that Disney will continue to be as tactful for the sake of WP brides.

On a side note, does anyone know what they're working on back there? I haven't seen it in person, but from the pics it looks like a long weird stretch of wall. Or are we guessing more walls will continue to go up until the whole area is fenced off?

Well, if your to believe the all the rumors (since Disney is being hush hush) it's the new Grand Floridian Villas DVC. Everything seems to point as that being the case. Since I am a DVC owner, I am thrilled!

Well, if your to believe the all the rumors (since Disney is being hush hush) it's the new Grand Floridian Villas DVC. Everything seems to point as that being the case. Since I am a DVC owner, I am thrilled!

Coincidentally, my parents ran into a couple over the weekend who are avid DVC owners, and they were more than happy to say they were going to be buying into the new Grand Floridian DVC villas.

Coincidentally, my parents ran into a couple over the weekend who are avid DVC owners, and they were more than happy to say they were going to be buying into the new Grand Floridian DVC villas.

We already own at the Beach Club and Animal Kingdom. We will be buying into the Grand Floridian as soon as it goes on sale!

Sorry, my question was worded too vaguely! I definitely agree with most that it's a new DVC. What I meant to say was, from the photos, it looks like a long skinny rectangle is sectioned off. I was curious as to what they're working on in such a narrow space. Maybe I have a very wrong impression of how much space is behind the walls.

We already own at the Beach Club and Animal Kingdom. We will be buying into the Grand Floridian as soon as it goes on sale!

I'm hoping by the time I get married, I can convince someone in my family to buy into the GF DVC :rolleyes1 I might just have to do it myself.

Sorry, my question was worded too vaguely! I definitely agree with most that it's a new DVC. What I meant to say was, from the photos, it looks like a long skinny rectangle is sectioned off. I was curious as to what they're working on in such a narrow space. Maybe I have a very wrong impression of how much space is behind the walls.

The main worksite is 13.53 acres located between the Grand Floridian and the Wedding Pavilion. Here is a diagram of the worksite that Disney filed with the South Florida Water Management District on March 8, 2011.

Project2011-1.png

The t-shaped building is suppose to be several stories high, but I haven't seen anything that suggests how high it might be.

:sad1::sad1: I'm so sad about the windows being stained glass, this is going to take away the natural light and wonderful views of the wedding pavilion. Grrr!!! :sad1::sad1:

I'm hoping to see pictures and go there in person once the stained glass windows are in and see the difference it really makes. Does anyone know when this window changing project will be complete?? :confused3

I totally agree with you. So many of my guests commented on how light and airy the WP was and it makes me so sad that they are taking it away. I think stained glass makes things look too busy, and one of the things I loved about the WP was the simplicity of it. I really think these changes will take away from the WP. Also, the construction makes me sad because we got some awesome photos on the beach, and the views will be completely ruined with construction, even after it's completed. I am so glad we got married when we did, but I feel terrible for future brides. I don't understand why companies (not just DFTW/WDW, but all over) have to "modernize" things. Some things are just best left untouched - what's that saying, if it isn't broke don't fix it? That's exactly how I feel about the WP renovations. Same with Franck's - I liked the old Franck's better. Just my opinions!

Anyone else just get this email? :lmao::lmao::lmao:
Well, at least they tried.

Screenshot2011-07-20at61553PM.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter