Updated plans for Grand Floridian Expansion

Thank you for posting this.

At least it looks like the building will be the same style as the Grand Floridian, so the image won't really change much.

Any word if thats DVC??

That could get real expensive for us... :rolleyes1

I agree with you HFC!!! My fiance and I have just bought into BLT but already decided that if they did DVC for the GF, we'd buy in there, too.... yikes! Good for Disney, bad for us!

Ugh, still not a fan of it. Wonder when they will start construction.

We were at our planning session about three weeks ago, and there were already trucks and construction going on. Our planner told us that the construction is only on weekdays, so if you have a Sat-Sun wedding you won't have to worry about construction noise or workers being everywhere.

EDIT: Just to clarify the construction was where I'm assuming the parking lot expansion will be, right past the spa. There was no construction on the beach area next to the WP.

I am curious as to when the construction will be complete. My wedding isn't until Oct 2012 but it is on a weekday. I would have to have the sounds of jackhammers and drills as my music to walk down the aisle to.

I was just there on June 23rd and did not see any construction taking place around the wedding pavilion, nor hear it. I know the week before my wedding they will be refurbishing the wedding pavilion. I read somewhere here on the boards that the side windows of the pavilion will be replaced with a very similar stained glass window in Francks to try and hide the construction taking place. I will let you know more after my wedding in August.

We will be there in a week.... I hope to find out some good ol info... ;)

I'm in trouble if they offer a GF DVC! I'd put my bet on DVC though, it seems to be wildly successful and a huge money-maker for Disney.

Hi MissManners! I see you were just down there for you planning session and your wedding is a week after ours. Unfortunately our wedding is on a Friday. Did you get any word on how the construction will impact pictures on the beach or noise wise. I'm a little nervous after seeing this. I have been thinking about trying to find a new location for our ceremony especially if they are going to be blocking the windows. The whole point of the wedding pavilion are its amazing views. Any information you have would be awesome!

Hey, I see you were just down there for you planning session and your wedding is a week after ours. Unfortunately our wedding is on a Friday. Did you get any word on how the construction will impact pictures on the beach or noise wise. I'm a little nervous after seeing this. I have been thinking about trying to find a new location for our ceremony especially if they are going to be blocking the windows. The whole point of the wedding pavilion are its amazing views. Any information you have would be awesome!

I believe they are only blocking the side views, not the ones on the altar that showcase the castle. At least I'm hoping this is the case!

I was freaking about the construction right before I turned in our contract last week!! My dad talked to one of the consultants and they said that the construction was going to work around the weddings... so hopefully there wouldn't be noises during anyone's ceremony and what not. They also said that for pictures.. the beach area on the other side of the WP would be untouched so you could take pics there. Also, they were going to try and make the construction as "pretty" as possible with landscaping....

I just hope it doesn't affect our weddings too much :confused3 I wish they would have just given us a time line for the construction but I guess we'll all have to hope for the best!

:sad1::sad1: I'm so sad about the windows being stained glass, this is going to take away the natural light and wonderful views of the wedding pavilion. Grrr!!! :sad1::sad1:

I'm hoping to see pictures and go there in person once the stained glass windows are in and see the difference it really makes. Does anyone know when this window changing project will be complete?? :confused3

:sad1::sad1: I'm so sad about the windows being stained glass, this is going to take away the natural light and wonderful views of the wedding pavilion. Grrr!!! :sad1::sad1:

I'm hoping to see pictures and go there in person once the stained glass windows are in and see the difference it really makes. Does anyone know when this window changing project will be complete?? :confused3

I'm not certain, but I believe there was another bride getting married mid or lat October that was told about the stained glass because it was going to affect her wedding. :confused3

Hi MissManners! I see you were just down there for you planning session and your wedding is a week after ours. Unfortunately our wedding is on a Friday. Did you get any word on how the construction will impact pictures on the beach or noise wise. I'm a little nervous after seeing this. I have been thinking about trying to find a new location for our ceremony especially if they are going to be blocking the windows. The whole point of the wedding pavilion are its amazing views. Any information you have would be awesome!

Our planner told us that the construction would not obstruct the views from inside the WP. They are planning on installing stained glass windows on all of the windows in the WP, with the exception of the alter windows, so the views of Cinderella's Castle will not be blocked. For pictures on the beach, I would assume you would be able to go take them on the other side of the WP (near the Poly). I wouldn't worry about it too much.... hope this helps!

A couple of the windows were already installed when I was there a couple weeks ago. I don't think they are going to make the WP that much darker, because you still have the skylights on the ceiling. Honestly I don't think anyone's wedding guests are really going to pay attention to the windows, I didn't even notice until our planner pointed it out! Hope this helps!
:thumbsup2

So am I! I loved the openness and the views from all sides, it was part of why I chose this location. I just spoke with my wedding planner. It sounds as though the windows will be going in soon as they will be complete for my wedding in December. She is suppose to send over pictures. I'm not a fan of stained glass but we will see. They are suppose to be light so that some sunlight still comes through with Cinderellas coach at the top of each window.

My planner didn't seem to know much about the construction, she told me I knew more than her. Not sure if that is just because they aren't suppose to say anything or if thats truly the case. She told me photographers can edit out the construction and place in certain ways so it isn't in the pictures. Not exactly the answer I was looking for. :sad2: She told me they are looking into the direct effects to the pavilion. I wish there was a timeline. She told me we can still change locations but I would really hate to do that. However, I would hate to see it get any closer and find out it is a mess a down there! I guess I just have to believe Disney has it under control like they do with most things.

Windows for the WP are scheduled to be in July 17,18. I'm attending a WP wedding that Wednesday the 20th so I will make sure I've got plenty of pics. I'm nervous for my disbride friends wedding so close to construction considering she was told today:/ I have a copy of the final window renderings it's pretty but can't say word until I see it in person.

Windows for the WP are scheduled to be in July 17,18. I'm attending a WP wedding that Wednesday the 20th so I will make sure I've got plenty of pics. I'm nervous for my disbride friends wedding so close to construction considering she was told today:/ I have a copy of the final window renderings it's pretty but can't say word until I see it in person.

Seriously??!!! My wedding is July 31 and nobody bothered telling me about this??? Serioulsy P-Oed right now! :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter