Updated plans for Grand Floridian Expansion

I'm trying really hard to be positive about this, but I wish those weren't going to be at my wedding. Cheap is exactly the word that comes to mind. I feel backed into a corner. It's way too close to my wedding to change venues and start over. But I really hate those windows.

I really really think once you walk into the wedding pavilion you will love them, I was worried too that they would take away from the WP, but in person they look amazing and are really beatuiful. Please don't stress out about this as they really aren't worth the hassle. I loved the way they looked in the WP.

I know everyone has opinions but please take a look in person before your wedding so that you can put your mind at ease. I love :love: the new windows and before wednesday I was dreading the change...

... And if THAT isn't proof they read the DIS, I don't know what is! ;)

I think you're right about that, :rotfl:

About the windows, I like the pastel colors that D&V posted yesterday.
I thought they looked nice with the bride & groom against them.

The first picture that was posted by DFTW made the windows seem dark
and I wasn't as happy. Now the pics today posted by DFTW seem to be different colors as the light changed outside the pavilion or maybe the photographer used flash or didn't in some. Either way, the windows look nice and it's better than seeing the construction outside.

I live in Orlando. I'm going by today to see them in person.:cutie:

Its really all a matter of personal taste. I think they will serve the goal of blocking construction views very well and I appreciate that they are in more neutral tones. I did like it better the other way, but what can you do? I think the reason I don't like them is because it makes it seem more church-like, which probably appeals to a lot of people.

I agree that it is all about personal taste - I just plain old don't like them at all. It doesn't really matter to me since I already had my wedding before construction even started, but I do feel like they ruined the Wedding Pavilion. I agree it makes the WP seem more church like, but that isn't what bothers me about them. I saw the pictures on Facebook and it's not so much the coloring that bothers me - it's the stupid zigzag lines in all the windows. I think they are so distracting. I also really don't like how you can't see outside.

Is it true that they did this specifically to block the views of construction? I missed that somewhere..

I also do not like them at all. They've made the inside view very "busy". And I'm not knocking on any disney fairy tale because I do love them all, but to me, the carraiges on the windows is over-doing it. They do not fit with my wedding scheme. I just prefered how simple and clean it was before.

Unfortunately my wedding is still up coming very soon and adjusting to this is disheartening - not to mention the construction and the non-communacative treatment from the planners.

I do appreciate the photos being posted by D&V and DFTW - it is something atleast.

:sad2:

Hi, we are supposed to be getting married at the WP next August but we haven't been informed of any of this by Disney. Does anyone know when they hope to complete construction. For me, there is no alternative venue, it has to be the WP and we are spending so much (as well as our families) to come over from the UK, upset isn't the word. I don't mind the new windows but to think we'll have construction traffic/noise all around is awful. Our wedding is booked for 2.30pm on a Thursday. I called our planner yesterday and an assistant answered the phone. She didn't tell me anything, just played dumb. I have called and left a voicemail for our planner again this morning and just hope she can give more details. Feel like cancelling to be honest as what is the point of spending thousands of pounds on the day of your dreams when it isn't going to be?!

I've been in contact with Disney Photography for the last week regarding a resort shoot in January, the reply I got back from my enquiry regarding any disruption to location the GF was that I must have good sources as they had only just found out about it lol

Yesterday while I was out taking pictures of the construction I stopped in the spa. The lady there told me they plan on doing all the construction 3rd shift and the only noise during the day would be the trucks entering/leaving the area behind the spa. I'm still skeptical but hopeful this is true.

Well I got to see the windows for the first time today when I brought my fiancee and future father in law to see the WP, and I must say, I LOVE the windows! :)

Well I got to see the windows for the first time today when I brought my fiancee and future father in law to see the WP, and I must say, I LOVE the windows! :)

That's good to hear. I've tried to relax about it since Amanda promised they were ok, but I always love more positive reviews. Did you feel like they affected the lighting in any way?

That's good to hear. I've tried to relax about it since Amanda promised they were ok, but I always love more positive reviews. Did you feel like they affected the lighting in any way?

I don't think they really did, if anything, they might have enhanced it. When we went today it was pretty overcast, but it was still nice and light in there. :)

I had my planning session yesterday. I was not a fan of the windows but at this point that's a minor issue compared to the construction. My planner Pamela was great about it and I think truly understood how upset we are. She is going to keep us updated with pictures as more walls go up and as she hears more word on timing. As of now they have no timeline and also cannot guarantee there won't be construction during ceremonies. She did say she will try to get them to stop. There was a lot of work noises going on yesterday afternoon which we werent happy about. We didnt get the feeling that Disney put any consideration into the brides when doing this. We have found that many cast members we talked to aren't happy about this either. All we can hope is that Pamela is able to pull for us!!! She really wants to see us happy

I had my planning session yesterday. I was not a fan of the windows but at this point that's a minor issue compared to the construction. My planner Pamela was great about it and I think truly understood how upset we are. She is going to keep us updated with pictures as more walls go up and as she hears more word on timing. As of now they have no timeline and also cannot guarantee there won't be construction during ceremonies. She did say she will try to get them to stop. There was a lot of work noises going on yesterday afternoon which we werent happy about. We didnt get the feeling that Disney put any consideration into the brides when doing this. We have found that many cast members we talked to aren't happy about this either. All we can hope is that Pamela is able to pull for us!!! She really wants to see us happy

Yeah I had my planning session on tuesday with Lisa. She mentioned that they are working VERY hard with the construction company and giving them schedules of weddings to see if people can take breaks or do ANYTHING possible to have the least amount of noise as possible. She said for the most part, picture points will not be affected. And they are working with a PR team to try and figure out how to keep all the brides updated as frequently and professionally as possible.

...and for the record... I thought the wedding Pavillion was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. I adore the new windows and can't wait to get married there in 3 months!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter