Are you comparing Costco to that site? I don't get it, why would you bring Costco into the mix?

And who are these people that are posting about this wonky site in the first place?
It's not here so it must be on other platforms which begs the question, how well do you know these posters?
Reminds me of posters claiming there's a bargain to be had only to uncover they actually work for the company whose trying to screw you.

"Let's reel them in folks, there are suckers to be had!"

Why anyone choses to ignore red flags is beyond me.
You seem to be taking some of these posts personally. I donā€™t think anyoneā€™s intention is to question the integrity of your hard work. Just folks asking questions to gain a better understanding of how things work. Not everyone has been at this as long as the rest of us.

You seem to be taking some of these posts personally. I donā€™t think anyoneā€™s intention is to question the integrity of your hard work. Just folks asking questions to gain a better understanding of how things work. Not everyone has been at this as long as the rest of us.

Thank you but to be honest I'm not taking anything personally.
People will do what they think is best for them, it's their sweat equity not mine. It's that cut & dry.

It's no secret I'm not a fan of the site. I've come to know many members on the DIS especially in our community and to hear they were taken advantage of, well yes, that infuriates me.

Good Morning All! I logged into my BJ's Wholesale Club account this morning to check Disney GC prices and just wanted to update everybody that it looks like the $150 Disney GC (which is 3-$50 GC's) is on an additional sale today! The prices are:

$150 Disney GC (3-$50 GC's) for $141.25 after $3.74 off (5.83% Savings)
$500 Disney GC for $479.99 (4.002% Savings)
$100 Disney digital GC for $96.99 (3.01% Savings)
$50 Disney GC & Disney digital GC for $48.49 (3.02% savings)
$25 Disney GC & Disney digital GC for $24.49 (2.04% savings)

Hope this helps some of you! :)
Good Morning All! I logged into my BJ's Wholesale Club account this morning to check Disney GC prices and just wanted to update everybody that it looks like the $150 Disney GC (which is 3-$50 GC's) is on an additional sale today! The prices are:

$150 Disney GC (3-$50 GC's) for $141.25 after $3.74 off (5.83% Savings)
$500 Disney GC for $479.99 (4.002% Savings)
$100 Disney digital GC for $96.99 (3.01% Savings)
$50 Disney GC & Disney digital GC for $48.49 (3.02% savings)
$25 Disney GC & Disney digital GC for $24.49 (2.04% savings)

Hope this helps some of you! :)

This helped me a lot. It was in store too! I bought 30 3-packs.

My post had nothing to do with that site. The poster said that they didnā€™t think legitimate stores sold at 10% off, I was saying that Costco did at one point for those that may be new here.
Well 10% compared to the 16% in their post is a big difference. Everyone who has been on the board a bit understands that 10% happens occasionally as advertised, 15% may be possible with some grind and portals, and 20%+ is a loophole and closely guarded family secret šŸ¤ šŸ¤£.

But to the posters point and credit, I know of no legit store that advertises a price of 16% off in the years I have been on here.

Well 10% compared to the 16% in their post is a big difference. Everyone who has been on the board a bit understands that 10% happens occasionally as advertised, 15% may be possible with some grind and portals, and 20%+ is a loophole and closely guarded family secret šŸ¤ šŸ¤£.

But to the posters point and credit, I know of no legit store that advertises a price of 16% off in the years I have been on here.

Costco was good because you were getting a straight up 10% off which doesn't happen that often. If you had a Costco Executive Membership you were saving 2% off the purchase price plus whatever credit card savings you might get. I was earning 2% cash back on my credit card, some people had their 5% Discover or Chase Freedom bonus at the time IIRC so the net would be something close to 16-17% off if you had 5% more like 13-14% if you only had 2%.

Costco's cashback through portals usually is non-existent but if you got any cashback that was on top of this too.

I know that isn't the advertised price - but it was a pretty easy way to get a lot of higher value gift cards with an above average discount.

I agree 20% off or close to it is occasionally possible but it certainly isn't the norm and you usually can't get multiple large value cards for 20% off. If there's a secret I'm missing, clue me in though šŸ¤£

I called Chase yesterday to inquire about getting the rest of my award from my Home Depot purchase. The woman I spoke with said she'd issue a request for the remaining $12.50. I will post if/when everything is credited. The original $40 has been credited to my account. If I never see the $12.50, it's still a good deal.

I was just looking for an update. We have a trip in the end of May and need some giftcards. I didn't know they sold them and was hesitant to try. Glad to see that they are going through

Chase Ink
Costco was good because you were getting a straight up 10% off which doesn't happen that often. If you had a Costco Executive Membership you were saving 2% off the purchase price plus whatever credit card savings you might get. I was earning 2% cash back on my credit card, some people had their 5% Discover or Chase Freedom bonus at the time IIRC so the net would be something close to 16-17% off if you had 5% more like 13-14% if you only had 2%.

Costco's cashback through portals usually is non-existent but if you got any cashback that was on top of this too.

I know that isn't the advertised price - but it was a pretty easy way to get a lot of higher value gift cards with an above average discount.

I agree 20% off or close to it is occasionally possible but it certainly isn't the norm and you usually can't get multiple large value cards for 20% off. If there's a secret I'm missing, clue me in though šŸ¤£
Chase Ink -> Visa GCs to earn airline points(around 10% earn) -> DGC costco sale or at samā€™s combined with cash portal (5-10% native discount w/ additional ymmv cash portal, etc). When done right I can average 16-25%. I would have to check but I think my average for this trip is about 21%, with some a high of 35%.

Chase Ink

Chase Ink -> Visa GCs to earn airline points(around 10% earn) -> DGC costco sale or at samā€™s combined with cash portal (5-10% native discount w/ additional ymmv cash portal, etc). When done right I can average 16-25%. I would have to check but I think my average for this trip is about 21%, with some a high of 35%.
How do you value Chase URs at 10%? The INKs get 5x URs at office stores.

I used a chase 10% offer at Home Depot. Will I also earn chase poibts?

Reminders ~ 4/12/24 / Discount District

One offer starts and another expires!

Target Circle Gift Card Offers
  • Get 10% Off Target Gift Cards
    • In-store & Online?
    • Valid on a one-time purchase up to $500.
    • Circle Offer - Not loadable at this time
    • Direct link to Target Gift Cards
    • You cannot buy Target GC with Target gift cards.
    • You cannot use Target GC to buy any third party gift cards.
    • You cannot use Target Circle Balance, earned Rewards, Anniversary, Birthday, Target Coupons or Target Circle Rewards Offer towards the purchase of Target GC.
    • You do not get an additional 5% discount on Target GC when using your Redcard.
    • Offer valid 4/13/24. Post #24228 :thumbsup2 @PrincessGidget
Target Circle Reward Offer - Various Offers
  • Make 1 qualifying purchase of $70 or more & Get $10 Reward
    • Circle Link
    • Yes, works on Specialty gift cards including Disney
    • Excludes Target gift cards
    • Expires 4/13/24. Post #24344

How do you value Chase URs at 10%? The INKs get 5x URs at office stores.
So itā€™s based on how you redeem them. I use them on flights to Japan that run for about $1400. Depending on transfer bonuses, etc. $7000 in spend gets 35k in points which can be enough for a one way flight (or close) that would be $700. It can very between 8-12% depending. I take the average.

Should clarify yes purchasing those gcs from OD. also a fun added bonus is the 1-2% you get back due to OD discounts and if they have OD offers on the card!

Side note: the points guy also assigns an approximate value on the points of .02per point, x5 = .10 per dollar (10%). So itā€™s not just my numbers that assign the ink a value of 10% at office supply stores.

Last edited:
Added to Post #2 Discount District

Daily Getaways 2024
- Direct Link to All Offers
  • 4/15: Hilton Points
  • 4/16: IHG Points
  • 4/17: MGM Deals
  • 4/18: Universal Orlando Deals
  • 4/19: United Parks & Resort Deals
  • 4/22: MGM Deals
  • 4/23: Marriot Bonvoy Gift Card Deals
  • 4/24: Best Western points
  • 4/25: The Venetian Resort
  • 4/26: Caesars Entertainment Destinations
  • 4/29: Choice Privileges Points
  • 4/30: World of Hyatt Points
  • 5/01: Wyndham Rewards Points
    • All offers start at 1 PM ET.
    • Offer valid 4/15/24 - 5/01/24.

Has anyone bought the Target gift cards this morning? It's not taking 10% off for me. It says its auto applied, but I am not seeing any discount.

Dh was able to buy them through his account and dd can through hers but I still am not getting any discount when I try with my account.

Last edited:
Has anyone bought the Target gift cards this morning? It's not taking 10% off for me. It says its auto applied, but I am not seeing any discount.

Dh was able to buy them through his account and dd can through hers but I still am not getting any discount when I try with my account.

Worked for me this morning. This may be dumb but make sure your Target card is selected for the payment?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter