Data point for Target Circle Bonus:

For the last round of bonuses (that ended 4/13), I had a spend $70 get $10 bonus reward. Terms were as follows:

“Qualifying purchases exclude alcohol, Target GiftCards, Visa, American Express and Mastercard gift cards/ prepaid cards, CVS pharmacy, clinic, and Target Optical. See the Target Circle program rules for complete list of excluded items. Restrictions apply. See terms & conditions below.”

I bought $25 and $50 (total $75) emailed REI gift cards. This did not trigger the bonus.

I reached out through the Target chat yesterday, and they insisted that all gift cards were excluded now. I asked what specific part excluded third party guards and they stated it was the “prepaid cards” part. (The way it’s worded should only applied to Visa etc. cards, but they insisted that meant it wasn’t allowed.) As a one time courtesy they would grant the $10 bonus.

Not sure if anyone else ran into this, but thought I’d share.
Same thing happened to me with DGCs about a year and a half ago. They insisted it didn't work on any gift cards, gave me the bonus as a courtesy anyway, and that was that. But the bonus has kept working for me, it was just a fluke. I think the chat reps may not be very knowledgeable on this regard.

I had two offers. $25 on $250 and $45 on $480. Did $250 on Disney gift cards. Got the $25 and the $250 is showing counting towards my $480.

For the last round of bonuses (that ended 4/13), I had a spend $70 get $10 bonus reward. Terms were as follows:

“Qualifying purchases exclude alcohol, Target GiftCards, Visa, American Express and Mastercard gift cards/ prepaid cards, CVS pharmacy, clinic, and Target Optical. See the Target Circle program rules for complete list of excluded items. Restrictions apply. See terms & conditions below.”

I bought $25 and $50 (total $75) emailed REI gift cards. This did not trigger the bonus.

I reached out through the Target chat yesterday, and they insisted that all gift cards were excluded now. I asked what specific part excluded third party guards and they stated it was the “prepaid cards” part. (The way it’s worded should only applied to Visa etc. cards, but they insisted that meant it wasn’t allowed.) As a one time courtesy they would grant the $10 bonus.

I had spend $80, get $10 bonus. I bought a $100 email Disney GC & got the bonus with in minutes. So it worked as normal for me.

Super weird target circle activity here. I saw two show up with the 4/30 expiration: 15 for 120 spend and 10 for 90 spend. I did one order of two EGC (100 and 25) and that ended up paying out both bonuses for $25 total earn. However, when I look at my activity (screenshot below) it appears there's a 3rd bonus on my account showing available to activate, except I can't figure how to get to it. The main screen and the View Details just keep showing me the successful $15 for $120 and I don't see a way to toggle between offers. I'm not going to complain when I just got $25 for $125 spend, but it's bizarre.

1713196871613.png

It is interesting, I have 2 circle bonus. 1 is spend 300 get 30 and the other is spend 140 get 15. Does this mean if I spend 300, I would get both?
I got two as well, spend $480 get $45 and a little later spend $250 get $25. I’m going to buy $250 in DGC today and make sure I get that bonus. Then later today or tomorrow I’ll buy $500 DGC and hopefully get that bonus. We have a big WDW trip in January, and of course always DVC dues.

When I fulfilled my "spend $70 and get a $10 Target Reward" last week, my in-store purchase included a $25 Disney GC and a $20 Wendy's GC. They definitely counted towards the minimum spend requirement for the reward. I wonder if on-line purchases of gift cards are more likely to encounter problems qualifying for a reward.

I got two as well, spend $480 get $45 and a little later spend $250 get $25. I’m going to buy $250 in DGC today and make sure I get that bonus. Then later today or tomorrow I’ll buy $500 DGC and hopefully get that bonus. We have a big WDW trip in January, and of course always DVC dues.
Just bought $250 in DGC and got my $25 bonus, and the $250 was applied toward the $480 spend. My "repository" GC is close to full, so I may buy another physical card tomorrow before I buy more DGC to meet the $480 spend. Or I may apply what's on the repository to our DVC dues for next year!

Yes! Had the same exact issue with an in-store purchase. I was told that pre-paid cards meant all gift cards. I also was promised the courtesy credit but was told I had to wait until the offer ended on 4/13 and the bonus would be added. It didn't show up as of today 4/15 so I called . Although I had a case number I still had to explain AGAIN to the rep what the problem was. He finally agreed to the credit but the fact that the last rep had promised it didn't seem to matter. What a royal pain in the you know what.
I asked him to verify what the terms meant for gift cards and he reiterated that no gift cards qualified.
The frustrating thing is that some people on the boards were able to count their gift card purchases towards the spending requirement. Now I'm afraid to try the next time I'm offered a bonus.

Spend $300 for a $30 reward at Target for me. I’ll probably do it since I just depleted a good amount on Dopey registration. With the red card discount that’s what, 15% back? Target keeps getting my $ as I just bought the 10% off gift card as well :hyper:

Edit: any risk in split purchases if I buy $200 and $100? Didn’t think of that as usually my minimum spends are in the $100 range

Super weird target circle activity here. I saw two show up with the 4/30 expiration: 15 for 120 spend and 10 for 90 spend. I did one order of two EGC (100 and 25) and that ended up paying out both bonuses for $25 total earn. However, when I look at my activity (screenshot below) it appears there's a 3rd bonus on my account showing available to activate, except I can't figure how to get to it. The main screen and the View Details just keep showing me the successful $15 for $120 and I don't see a way to toggle between offers. I'm not going to complain when I just got $25 for $125 spend, but it's bizarre.

I got a notification saying I had 2 new bonuses to activate, but I didn't actually get any this time around, so it's probably just glitchy :guilty:

ETA: it seems they now have offers that are automatic and others that you need to activate, which are also called "circle bonus"...super confusing.

I have a Chase offer on 2 cards for 10% off Sheraton Hotels. Will the Dolphin charge show up and trigger the statement credit? The deposits have come through as Sheraton Dolphin so I'm thinking so but wondering if anyone has had any experience.

I also have a Marriott Bonvoy offer on another card for a higher amount. I'm thinking this should trigger as well but wondering what people think? This is the wording in the offer:

Earn 10% cash back on your Marriott Bonvoy stay when you spend $100 or more, with an $80.00 cash back maximum.
Seek out new experiences with Marriott Bonvoy®. Whether you’re relaxing on vacation, traveling for business, or exploring your own neighborhood, choose from our portfolio of over 30 hotel brands in the U.S. and Canada.
Offer expires 5/15/2024. Offer valid one time only. Complete payment for your stay must be made by 5/15/2024. Offer only valid on purchases made directly with the merchant. Offer not valid on purchases made using third-party services, delivery services, or a third-party payment account (e.g., buy now pay later). Offer valid at all Marriott Bonvoy brands. Offer subject to availability. Please see website for open locations.

I got a notification saying I had 2 new bonuses to activate, but I didn't actually get any this time around, so it's probably just glitchy :guilty:

ETA: it seems they now have offers that are automatic and others that you need to activate, which are also called "circle bonus"...super confusing.

Mine said I had a new offer, but it was for 20% off lawn furniture & garden supplies.

I actually looked later today and it applied to both! sweet just one person knocked out 2 offers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter