Food City

1690958561460.png
  • Buy $75 Select Gift Cards & Get $15 Food City gift cards free:
    • Includes: Buffalo Wild Wings, Dick’s Sporting Goods, DoorDash, Jersey Mike’s and Uber
    • Limit two promotions per customer per day, per transaction.
    • Weekly ad
    • Expires 8/08/23.

Food Lion

1690958931739.png

• Buy $50 Select Gift Cards and $10 of groceries & Get $10 off
    • Includes: Fanatics, Panera Bread, PlayStation Store, TGI Fridays, Topgolf and Zaxby’s
    • Limit 1 offer per transaction.
    • Weekly ad
    • Expires 8/15/23.

Best Buy Online
1690959391790.png
  • Save 20% on Adidas Digital Gift Cards
Credit Cards and More
  • Best Buy Amex Offer: Get +1 Membership Rewards point per eligible dollar spent, up to 5,000 points.
    • Expires 12/15/23.
  • Discover 5% Q3 2023: Digital Wallet/Apple Pay
  • US Bank Cash+: Electronic Stores
  • PayPal
  • Stack with a Shopping Portal - YMMV

Rite Aid
1690961475116.png

• Buy $25 IHOP & Cracker Barrel Gift Cards & Get $5 Bonuscash
    • Limit 2.
  • Buy $50 Athleta, Gap Options & Old Navy Gift Cards & Get $8 Bonuscash
    • Limit 2.
  • Buy $50 Kohl’s & Wayfair Gift Cards & Get $8 Bonuscash
    • Limit 2.
    • Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 8/06/23 – 8/12/23.
Credit Cards and More

Walgreens

1690962386853.png
  • Purchase two Domino’s Gift Cards & Get $5 Walgreens gift card
    • Domino’s variable load start at $15
    • Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 8/06/23 – 8/12/23.
Credit Cards & More
  • Bank of America Cash Rewards: Drugstores
  • Discover 5% Q3 2023: Digital Wallet/Apple Pay

My Amex had an offer for $25 back if I spend $45 on Mint Mobile. Expires 8/31. I was due to reload my older daughter’s plan anyway so extra money is always appreciated.

Fair Warning - Speaking of Meijer

I purchased 2 - $500 Visa gift cards during their last promotion, registered them the same day and the day after they were wiped clean! These are are cards I would avoid buying at Meijer.

View attachment 782209
These are registered to DH so when I called, the Rep could not help me at all. Wouldn't even verify the balance on the second card so I did that online only to find out it too was wiped. Both cards had a minimal balance left of 46¢ & 67¢ on them. Purchase made in NY.

Thank you so much you horrible losers! What goes around comes around and you'll get what's coming to you and then some! nIm.
I discovered a scheme at my local Target this summer and management didn't seem all to interested in stopping it.. Bought a $25 "Graduation" themed Target gift card and when I got home I went to put it in a card and noticed it was sealed a bit different than normal. It had a solid glue at the base where the scratch off would be sealing that to the back part. Since this was very odd I pulled it apart and noticed the scratch off was fully scratched. So jumped back in the car to Target CS and was told there was not much they could do since it was a gift card. Finally after talking to a manager they issues me a few loyalty store credits to make up the $25 and said I could go buy another one but not use these store credits. Fine, I didn't want to give a card to someone that was going to be drained right away. Manager just kinda had the eh oh well attitude that I was the one trying to scam them even tho they verified the funds on the card and were going to cancel it right away...

So went back to find another and discovered about 25~30 more cards that were all the same way. Each one had the code scratched off and a hard drying glue was used to seal it so people couldn't check it without pulling the back part off. I gathered up about 20 or so (Every one of them was Graduation since that was the time of year!) and found the manager again and handed them to him and said here look found a few more. He opened it and found the codes all scratched off. I told him there are more I just grabbed a few I saw. He said he'd send someone over to look but its not that big of an issue! Done buying gift cards at that Target.

I discovered a scheme at my local Target this summer and management didn't seem all to interested in stopping it.. Bought a $25 "Graduation" themed Target gift card and when I got home I went to put it in a card and noticed it was sealed a bit different than normal. It had a solid glue at the base where the scratch off would be sealing that to the back part. Since this was very odd I pulled it apart and noticed the scratch off was fully scratched. So jumped back in the car to Target CS and was told there was not much they could do since it was a gift card. Finally after talking to a manager they issues me a few loyalty store credits to make up the $25 and said I could go buy another one but not use these store credits. Fine, I didn't want to give a card to someone that was going to be drained right away. Manager just kinda had the eh oh well attitude that I was the one trying to scam them even tho they verified the funds on the card and were going to cancel it right away...

So went back to find another and discovered about 25~30 more cards that were all the same way. Each one had the code scratched off and a hard drying glue was used to seal it so people couldn't check it without pulling the back part off. I gathered up about 20 or so (Every one of them was Graduation since that was the time of year!) and found the manager again and handed them to him and said here look found a few more. He opened it and found the codes all scratched off. I told him there are more I just grabbed a few I saw. He said he'd send someone over to look but its not that big of an issue! Done buying gift cards at that Target.
Yikes. I would file a police report over the stolen gift card (your funds were stolen and they were not replaced or refunded), file a complaint with the state AG including the police report number and finally file a complaint with Target Corporate. The manager's non-caring attitude could because he doesn't care- or it could be he's in on the side hustle. It is not unheard of for employees & managers to steal from their own stores. (One of our drugstores years ago had employees and management stealing from the store, corporate eventually put 2 and 2 together and the police busted them all.)

Yikes. I would file a police report over the stolen gift card (your funds were stolen and they were not replaced or refunded), file a complaint with the state AG including the police report number and finally file a complaint with Target Corporate. The manager's non-caring attitude could because he doesn't care- or it could be he's in on the side hustle. It is not unheard of for employees & managers to steal from their own stores. (One of our drugstores years ago had employees and management stealing from the store, corporate eventually put 2 and 2 together and the police busted them all.)
I was made 'whole', I gave them the $25 gift card and they verified the balance was still there, but could not really do anything about it so instead gave me $10/$10/$5 store credit cards, the max they could do was $10 per card for "loyalty" or something. I didn't want to walk out with the $25 card as that could be drained by the thief at any time... So in the end I got $25 of store credit, not gift cards, so I have to use those in the store sometime. Not a major issue, but just a PITA. They supposedly were going to call and terminate the $25 card, or pocket it who knows... Hopefully I was able to get most the 'bad' cards off the shelf to save others, but who knows how many were purchased before I found them... I got my gift card the last weekend of most the graduation parties around here.

I just bought meijer gift Disney gift card yesterday. Bought Halloween party ticket this morning with rewards and the gift cards.
Stopped what i was going to do. Found 2 old gift cards. And transferred the balances to them. Even the CM said today yes it was a good idea to do. Your thread made me do it now.

@DaveL I'm so sorry you had to go through this aggravation, though I wish you would have posted this as soon as it happened to alert others. Who knows if it's just one location or happening only in your store or state.

What is odd with my Meijer situation, the Rep instantly mentioned DH's computer must be compromised but DH told him with all the firewalls on his work computer it was impossible and it was either Blackhawk Network's site that was compromised where the cards were registered or the vendor who brings them into the store. No doubt the Rep was taken aback and immediately placed us on hold. Later he came back and said he would "escalate" our case for both cards and we should hear back within 24-48 hours.

We won't let this go. One way or another we'll get our money back.

I've posted this bit of info before, some of you may remember... The first time and every time buying Virtual cards from Blackhawk Network, my email gets flooded with suspect emails ranging from PayPal, Lowe's, Kohl's to Congrats You Won and so many more. I don't open them, I trash them and empty. I have a dedicated address just for Blackhawk Network. Think about that.
PayPal and Lowe's are different as well and I don't apply for free anything.
It's been a while since I bought Virtual cards from Blackhawk Network and the activity is little to nothing.

We'll be doing these and a lot more if we're not satisfied.

Update: ACME & Shaw's have been added

Albertsons Companies:

ACME, Albertson's, Shaw's,

1690995037827.png
  • Buy $50 or more in Select Gift Cards & Save $10 on your next shopping order
    • Includes: Applebee's, Barnes & Noble, Bath & Body Works, Bloomin' Brands, Burlington, Chili's, Domino's, GameStop, Gap Inc Brands, IHOP, Lowe's, Nordstrom, Outback Steakhouse, Panera Bread, PetSmart, Regal Cinemas, Sony PlayStation, The Cheesecake Factory, Ulta Beauty and Xbox
    • One offer per transaction.
    • Gift card purchases must be made in a single transaction.
    • $10 coupon expires 7 days from date of Issuance and cannot be used towards the purchase of any gift card. alcohol, tobacco, lottery tickets, prescriptions, or store service.
  • Albertson's: Expires 8/08/23. Post #17982
  • ACME Ad Scan / ACME: Valid 8/04/23 – 8/10/23.
  • Shaw's Ad Scan / Shaw's: Valid 8/04/23 – 8/10/23.
Credit Cards & More
  • Discover 5% Q3 2023: Digital Wallet/Apple Pay: ACME MARKETS, Albertsons, Lucky, Jewel-Osco, Safeway, Save Mart, Shaw's, Star Market & United Supermarkets.

Last edited:
Kroger Family Stores:
Harris Teeter Only
1690997729885.png
  • Earn 200 Bonus Fuel Points on Select Gift Cards
    • Includes: Applebee's, Arby's, Choice or One4all
    • Limit one per brand
    • Limit one coupon per household.
    • Plus earn 4x fuel until 8/08/23.
    • Excludes $10 gift cards.
    • Expires 8/15/23.

@DaveL I'm so sorry you had to go through this aggravation, though I wish you would have posted this as soon as it happened to alert others. Who knows if it's just one location or happening only in your store or state.

Yeah, generally I would post when it happens, but I left for Disney the next morning and I had a bit more than I could handle to get done before leaving. Your post only reminded me of the experience, Totally forgot about it by the time I returned. I generally always give gift cards a good look over before buying but was just in a major rush in the store thought nothing of it until home. 🤦‍♂️

Yeah, generally I would post when it happens, but I left for Disney the next morning and I had a bit more than I could handle to get done before leaving. Your post only reminded me of the experience, Totally forgot about it by the time I returned. I generally always give gift cards a good look over before buying but was just in a major rush in the store thought nothing of it until home. 🤦‍♂️
I'm grateful you posted about it regardless, so honestly thank you for that. Who knows how many are still out there but now we know what to look out for thanks to you. Kuddos buddy. :thumbsup2

The Visa balloon packaging was factory sealed. I looked at it with a fine tooth comb prior to purchasing, even taking them from the middle as they looked to be recently restocked.

I also have another $500 Visa in the black & gold packaging, the design reminds me of Space Ship Earth
1690999877545.png
There was nothing wrong with that card and I ended using it last night. Oh, yes it too was purchased from Meijer.

All Staples Stores Now Accept Amazon Returns

All Staples stores now accept Amazon returns, without the need to box up the items. As with similar partnerships with Kohl’s, Whole Foods, and UPS locations, you’ll generate a barcode within the online return system which they’ll scan at the Staples store and process the return.

From what I’ve been told by Amazon reps these barcode returns are not interchangeable, and you need to generate the proper scanning bar for each location.
DOC

When I first read the title I thought Oh no, Staples is too far! sigh, I can still return at Kohl's and get a Kohl's $5 or $10 off coupon.

All Staples Stores Now Accept Amazon Returns

All Staples stores now accept Amazon returns, without the need to box up the items. As with similar partnerships with Kohl’s, Whole Foods, and UPS locations, you’ll generate a barcode within the online return system which they’ll scan at the Staples store and process the return.

From what I’ve been told by Amazon reps these barcode returns are not interchangeable, and you need to generate the proper scanning bar for each location.
DOC

When I first read the title I thought Oh no, Staples is too far! sigh, I can still return at Kohl's and get a Kohl's $5 or $10 off coupon.
UPS (at least my location) has it on convenience though. They just added a self service kiosk so you can scan your returns in yourself and don’t have to wait behind people shipping things out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter