Besides the current Target offer, where else have your found Apple GC deals for 20%+ discount? Haven't upgraded my iPhone for a long time so I have never paid too much attention to Apple GC deals, but definitely upgrading to the new iPhone this fall, so thinking I need to start accumulating. TIA!

20% Off? You're best bet is during the holidays. We get a a lot of those.

Without knowing where you live, where you shop, here are the current offers:

Meijer
Kroger
Target
Weis Market
Winn-Dixie

I would pay attention to Best Buy. Even consider getting the lower tiered membership. I think this will be crucial especially during the holidays.

Edit to add: I'm actually saying this to everyone

Last edited:
A few years ago right when Best Buy stopped allowing gc to gc purchases I mentioned we were looking for new appliances, well I'm still looking for a gas range.
I brought up the fact new models have a safety feature preventing gas from turning on while the electricity is out. I have an old Tappan range without the safety feature and am looking for the same.

Some peeps chimed in and posted hire an electrician or take it to a service center to have them remove the safety feature but when I called no one would accept the liability or that it couldn't be done.

Back to square one and to the same question, does anyone have a new gas range without the safety feature?

Here at the house we have the generac but not at the property up north. I would love to take the Tappan but with it being so old, broken dials and unreadable settings, I'd like something new. I'm ready to purchase now to lock in the floor plan. Things are moving fast and that weird dream of the Blue House is coming to fruition.

A few years ago right when Best Buy stopped allowing gc to gc purchases I mentioned we were looking for new appliances, well I'm still looking for a gas range.
I brought up the fact new models have a safety feature preventing gas from turning on while the electricity is out. I have an old Tappan range without the safety feature and am looking for the same.

Some peeps chimed in and posted hire an electrician or take it to a service center to have them remove the safety feature but when I called no one would accept the liability or that it couldn't be done.

Back to square one and to the same question, does anyone have a new gas range without the safety feature?

Here at the house we have the generac but not at the property up north. I would love to take the Tappan but with it being so old, broken dials and unreadable settings, I'd like something new. I'm ready to purchase now to lock in the floor plan. Things are moving fast and that weird dream of the Blue House is coming to fruition.
I had to check this info. My "new" gas cook top was installed in 2007....
I checked GE's website and they insist you can use their gas stove tops in a power outage. They tell you to do exactly what I do with my cook top. Turn and hold the knob to the point where the electric igniter would spark and quickly hold a match to the gas. Most gas ranges have electric ovens, now. I have developed a large repertoire of stove top recipes for hurricane season.

Besides the current Target offer, where else have your found Apple GC deals for 20%+ discount? Haven't upgraded my iPhone for a long time so I have never paid too much attention to Apple GC deals, but definitely upgrading to the new iPhone this fall, so thinking I need to start accumulating. TIA!

20% Off? You're best bet is during the holidays. We get a a lot of those.

Without knowing where you live, where you shop, here are the current offers:

Meijer
Kroger
Target
Weis Market
Winn-Dixie

I would pay attention to Best Buy. Even consider getting the lower tiered membership. I think this will be crucial especially during the holidays.

Edit to add: I'm actually saying this to everyone
Target is my best play when you get the $10 GC, 5% Red Card, 1% - 3% RMN, and Circle bonus.

Best Buy is nice, but I find I don't use Best Buy $10 GCs as much as Target. I also don't save 5% with the Red Card there and rarely have a CC with that return at Best Buy.

My local grocery store runs promotions where you get a $10 coupon if you buy any GC (excluding Visa/MC/and the actual grocery chain) seasonally. Happens every holiday so I have done it in the past with iTunes, but the recent physical iTunes GC fraud has stopped me. I purchased all Disney GCs for Mother's Day, Father's Day, and just this past week (not sure why it ran it again). I swipe a 5% card (right now I have a grocery bonus on Chase Freedom and Disney Visa).

Just like @FoxC63 mentioned the holiday season is the best time to stock up. Target increases the GC to $15 and Citi runs a Cyber Monday promotion where I drain all my Thank You points. Cyber Monday is always 5% more than Black Friday with Citi.

I actually drained my entire Apple balance in Jan because I purchased a M2 16-inch MacBook Pro. I've been saving and am almost at $1,100. Hoping my sister doesn't need to use her Circle bonus so she can get me 4 more.

DH was a sweetie, he bought me a new Samsung S23 Ultra days before our trip through his work. Pick up was at Best Buy and they wanted $40 to transfer everything over from my old phone to the new one. DH declined, he could do it himself but I'm still waiting. :laughing:
And that’s why I like iPhones. Scan the QR code from the old onto the new and leave them next to each other and it transfers over.

My husband tried to get the kids on Samsung, but they hated the tablets they had (upgraded my younger one to an iPad last year and my older is getting an iPad for her birthday next month). My older has a Samsung phone and she hates it. Told her I‘ll get her an iPhone next time. Younger just got my old iPhone 8.

I had to check this info. My "new" gas cook top was installed in 2007....
I checked GE's website and they insist you can use their gas stove tops in a power outage. They tell you to do exactly what I do with my cook top. Turn and hold the knob to the point where the electric igniter would spark and quickly hold a match to the gas. Most gas ranges have electric ovens, now. I have developed a large repertoire of stove top recipes for hurricane season.

Right but have you actually tested it out, turn off the power and lite the gas burner with a match? If you haven't, you ought to test it. I'm not sure when the safety features were added, nor what brands or models are affected. And do you have link to their statement?

Yes, gas range with electric oven but a newer model 2021-2023 is what I'm looking for. Parts made in the US because getting parts from overseas when you need them may take time. I'll look more into GE but hopefully others will chime in as I'd like to have options.

Thanks for posting.

Northeast Grocery Inc.: Price Chopper, Market 32, Market Bistro and Tops Friendly Market

Tops Friendly Market
1690869640166.png
  • Earn 3x Tops Gas Points on 3Rd Party Gift Cards
    • Excludes: Tops Gift Cards, Visa, Mastercard, American Expiress, Gas Cards, Telecom (all phone cards, General Reload (green Dot, NetSpend, PayPal).
    • Ad Scan / Tops Market Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 8/06/23 – 8/12/23.
Credit Cards & More
  • Discover 5% Q3 2023: Digital Wallet/Apple Pay
    • Most Tops locations will have 'tap and go payment' options including Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay, along with other compatible credit and debit cards.

Price Chopper really confuses me, is this two offers as they also mention Select Gift cards available online and the 3rd party gc are not mentioned in their weekly ad.

Northeast Grocery Inc.: Price Chopper, Market 32, Market Bistro and Tops Friendly Market

Price Chopper: Serving NY/PA/CT/MA

1690870640944.png
  • Earn 6x Points on 3rd Party Gift Cards
    • Excludes Price Chopper, Market Bistro, Market 32, variable rate Mastercard and Visa cards, and general purpose reloadable cards.
    • Direct link to promotion
    • Expires 8/12/23. YMMV on start date.
Price Chopper Online - Blackhawk Network
1690871220225.png
Credit Cards & More

Brookshire’s

1690872580357.png
  • Earn 500 Bonus Points for every $50 Spent on Select Gift Cards
    • Includes: Academy Sports, Choice Retail Therapy, DoorDash, Foot Locker, Kohl’s, Office Max, Outdoors and Ulta Beauty.
    • 500 points can be redeemed for 50¢ off per gallon on up to 30 gallons which means the maximum value is $15 saved on gas.
    • Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 8/01/23 – 8/08/23.

Shop ‘N Save
1690874092117.png
  • Earn 10¢ OFF Per Gallon of Gas For Every $50 You Spend on 3rd Party Gift Cards
    • Typically offers excludes Lowe’s & Home Depot gift cards.
    • Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 8/03/23 – 8/09/23.
Credit Cards & More
  • List of Gift Cards - Selection & availability varies by location. Please check your local retailer

Smart & Final

1690874759242.png
  • Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $10 Off Next Purchase
    • Includes: Apple, Best Buy, DoorDash, Fanatics, Sephora and Starbucks
    • Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 8/02/23 - 8/15/23.

Brookshire’s & Super 1 Foods

Super 1 Foods
1690875919607.png
  • Save $10 on your grocery purchase with every $50 spent on Select Gift Cards
    • Includes: Academy Sports, Choice Retail Therapy, DoorDash, Foot Locker, Kohl’s, Office Max, Outdoors and Ulta Beauty.
    • Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 8/02/23 - 8/08/23.

H-E-B

1690876528097.png

• Save 10% on Select Gift Cards
    • Includes: Academy, Adidas, Bath & Body Works, Cinemark, Fandango, IHOP, Jiffy Lube, Main Event, Michael's, Barnes & Noble or Bass Pro/Cabela's Combo Gift Cards.
    • Max Discount $50
    • Limit one per household.
    • Must clip digital coupons
    • Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 8/02/23 – 8/08/23.

Target is my best play when you get the $10 GC, 5% Red Card, 1% - 3% RMN, and Circle bonus.

Best Buy is nice, but I find I don't use Best Buy $10 GCs as much as Target. I also don't save 5% with the Red Card there and rarely have a CC with that return at Best Buy.

My local grocery store runs promotions where you get a $10 coupon if you buy any GC (excluding Visa/MC/and the actual grocery chain) seasonally. Happens every holiday so I have done it in the past with iTunes, but the recent physical iTunes GC fraud has stopped me. I purchased all Disney GCs for Mother's Day, Father's Day, and just this past week (not sure why it ran it again). I swipe a 5% card (right now I have a grocery bonus on Chase Freedom and Disney Visa).

Just like @FoxC63 mentioned the holiday season is the best time to stock up. Target increases the GC to $15 and Citi runs a Cyber Monday promotion where I drain all my Thank You points. Cyber Monday is always 5% more than Black Friday with Citi.

I actually drained my entire Apple balance in Jan because I purchased a M2 16-inch MacBook Pro. I've been saving and am almost at $1,100. Hoping my sister doesn't need to use her Circle bonus so she can get me 4 more.
I agree, getting a Target gc with purchase is a better deal however if @dragonflymom is trying to collect as many within a reasonable time frame Target sets strict small limits whereas Best Buy not so much.

And @dragonflymom instead of late fall if you could hold out until the holiday, I think you'll find better deals. Then you can pick & chose, set priorities of which stores to buy from with Target being #1 and go down the list of stores you do more business with.

I'll also include a drugstore like Walgreens. Personally I'll use a Walgreens gc before using a BBGC but your miles may vary.

I’m also in the market for a new iPhone. I plan to use my Amex BCP (6% back on groceries) that has a $10 back on $150 grocery store purchase offer on it at Meijer this week on an Apple gift card. That’s a great deal if I can use my mperks for fuel and still a good deal if I only use them for groceries. Can anyone confirm this deal will work for Apple gc’s? It says phone cards are excluded but doesn’t specifically mention Apple. My guess is the exclusion is on the prepaid phone plan cards.

There are 2 different ways to get 20%+ discount on apple gift cards: 1) Deals that give you $ off or cash back AND 2) deals that give you gift cards or gas points.

It is very important to note that when you are getting gift cards or gas points that value will really differ depending on the person. For example, someone recently wrote they had a hybrid/electric car and that gas points don't really help them. Or in some areas the gas stations where you use the gas points are significantly higher in price than the other stations. Or if you are getting a Target gift card or Target circle offer, you will now have to buy something at Target that in many cases would have been cheaper buying at Walmart or elsewhere.

So while gas points discounts and gift card back discounts have differing values to each person, cash back discounts or $ off are worth the same to everyone.

As Fox pointed out, the best discounts generally occur around from October - December. Notable cash back ones from last year were 20% Chase cashback at Kohls, Happy Cards Amex Offer $15 off $100 are two that come to mind right off the top of my head.

Another thing that should be pointed out, if you buy an iphone (or for that matter anything) with a gift card, you lose the extended warranty that your credit card would give you. For example, the iphone comes with a 1 year warranty and if you pay with a Chase Freedom card, Chase will extend the warranty for a 2nd year. However, I think most people would feel that 20% off is worth more than extending the warranty.

Right but have you actually tested it out, turn off the power and lite the gas burner with a match? If you haven't, you ought to test it. I'm not sure when the safety features were added, nor what brands or models are affected. And do you have link to their statement?

Yes, gas range with electric oven but a newer model 2021-2023 is what I'm looking for. Parts made in the US because getting parts from overseas when you need them may take time. I'll look more into GE but hopefully others will chime in as I'd like to have options.

Thanks for posting.
Not sure if the actual link will work, but this statement is in the use and care manual pdf of a range (GE Model #JGSS66SELSS) for sale at my local Lowes:
In Case of a Power Failure
USING THE RANGE: In the event of a power failure, the oven is inoperable and no attempt should be made to operate it. However, the surface burners may be lit with a match. Using extreme caution, hold a lit match near the ports beneath the surface burner cap, then slowly turn the knob to the LITE position. Once lit, surface burners will continue to operate normally.
https://pdf.lowes.com/productdocume...*11bit60*_gcl_au*MjA0NDUzNjc1Ni4xNjg2NTgyNTAz

The above process is what my sisters and I have to do on our various Maytag, KitchenAid, etc. ranges. With the tornadoes, ice storms and hurricanes we Texans like to cook with gas!
I loved the GE gas stove I had about four houses ago. But that was before all this electronic ignition stuff. GE does advertise that some of their products are made in the USA.

Good luck on the search! I'm going to run some numbers on collecting Apple gift cards for my next phone.

Not sure if the actual link will work, but this statement is in the use and care manual pdf of a range (GE Model #JGSS66SELSS) for sale at my local Lowes:
In Case of a Power Failure
USING THE RANGE: In the event of a power failure, the oven is inoperable and no attempt should be made to operate it. However, the surface burners may be lit with a match. Using extreme caution, hold a lit match near the ports beneath the surface burner cap, then slowly turn the knob to the LITE position. Once lit, surface burners will continue to operate normally.
https://pdf.lowes.com/productdocume...*11bit60*_gcl_au*MjA0NDUzNjc1Ni4xNjg2NTgyNTAz

The above process is what my sisters and I have to do on our various Maytag, KitchenAid, etc. ranges. With the tornadoes, ice storms and hurricanes we Texans like to cook with gas!
I loved the GE gas stove I had about four houses ago. But that was before all this electronic ignition stuff. GE does advertise that some of their products are made in the USA.

Good luck on the search! I'm going to run some numbers on collecting Apple gift cards for my next phone.

Thank so much, you're info is fantastic news!

And that’s why I like iPhones. Scan the QR code from the old onto the new and leave them next to each other and it transfers over.

My husband tried to get the kids on Samsung, but they hated the tablets they had (upgraded my younger one to an iPad last year and my older is getting an iPad for her birthday next month). My older has a Samsung phone and she hates it. Told her I‘ll get her an iPhone next time. Younger just got my old iPhone 8.
There's a simple way to do it(very similiar to the iphones) where you do something with google drive and it all dumps into the new phone. I'm sure it's in the setup guide for the s23

Tops Friendly Market
  • Earn 3x Tops Gas Points on 3Rd Party Gift Cards
    • Excludes: Tops Gift Cards, Visa, Mastercard, American Expiress, Gas Cards, Telecom (all phone cards, General Reload (green Dot, NetSpend, PayPal).
    • Ad Scan / Tops Market Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 8/06/23 – 8/12/23.
Credit Cards & More
    • Most Tops locations will have 'tap and go payment' options including Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay, along with other compatible credit and debit cards.
I wonder if this includes Amazon gc?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter