Update! Photos Added! (Dec 16): DAP GKTW Voluntourist Group Saturday, Dec 12

Good Morning Everyone: I updated the first page again with our group of volunteers. I've been e-mailing with GKTW, and I updated the list with the applications they've received. The only ones they are missing are from Yvette, Emiel, and Shelly. I know you three sent them in - because you told me, and I'm working with GKTW to find those applications. I told them that Yvette and Emiel e-mailed the application in from the Netherlands and Shelly faxed it. I also told them the day you sent them in. So we will find them.

Is there anyone else I'm leaving off the list? I know some of you said you're bringing friends or family with you, but I don't have names for those people.

I think we're getting set. I have my DIS-a-palooza shirt all ready to wear during our volunteer shift.

Ok...from what I can tell...the folks that had originally signed up for transportation on the transportation thread (including me) had to cancel or have found transportation...

Donald is #1 - if you can take care of wdwscout, then we are GREAT and should be good to go for transportation!!!

Is that right? Are we good? Does everyone that is going have a ride?

I hope you guys have a BLAST! Can't wait to hear about it! :thumbsup2

Donald is #1 - if you can take care of wdwscout, then we are GREAT and should be good to go for transportation!!!
Donald is#1 and I have things all set!
Thanks for looking out for me Maroo. :hug:

And thanks for helping organize the transportation when you aren't even going to be with us. I know you'll be there in spirit! :littleangel:
We will take pictures and tell you all about it! :thumbsup2

Donald is#1 and I have things all set!
Thanks for looking out for me Maroo. :hug:

And thanks for helping organize the transportation when you aren't even going to be with us. I know you'll be there in spirit! :littleangel:
We will take pictures and tell you all about it! :thumbsup2

Thank you! :hug:

I occasionally get a little teary thinking about all of the things I am missing that weekend and this is at the top of the list.

You guys are going to have a blast.

We have several wish families that will be there and I have told them all to look for the DISUnplugged shirts. Some really, really neat families! I hope you guys get to connect with them!

The DIS is awesome and has made the trips so much better for each family.

I can't wait to see pics!!

Good Morning Everyone: If people are bringing items from the GKTW Wish List, I will gladly take them along with our group on Saturday morning. The Dolphin will set up a collection station for the items in the convention center. The room is ASIA 3. The front desk can direct you to the room, and they will have signs put out as well. Just make sure you drop your items off by Friday evening - because I will be taking them first thing Saturday morning. Thanks.

wishlist.jpg

Hi Everyone: Based on our final numbers, our volunteer shifts have changed slightly. Can everyone take a look and see what preferences you might have (if any)? I will be in the Gingerbread House serving breakfast.

2 volunteers - Express Breakfast - 7:15 to 11:30 a.m.

10 volunteers - Serve breakfast in the Gingerbread House - 7:45 to 11 a.m. (Dave)

2 volunteers - Breakfast Cart - 7:30 to 10 a.m.

2 volunteers - La Ti Da Spa - 7:45 to 11 a.m.

3 volunteers - Castle - 8 to Noon (the latest starting shift)

2 volunteers - Carousel - 8 to 11 a.m.

Reminder: all volunteers to wear closed-toed shoes and comfortable clothes (i.e., podcast or DISapalooza t-shirts).

Dave does this mean that the train isn't there anymore or did you not put the train in the list because we wanted to do that one??

If it's not there anymore then i would like to do the Carousel and Emiel doesn't mind what his task will be.

Dave does this mean that the train isn't there anymore or did you not put the train in the list because we wanted to do that one??

If it's not there anymore then i would like to do the Carousel and Emiel doesn't mind what his task will be.
Yup, GKTW did not give us the train as a shift. Do you want to work with Emiel, or would you rather mix it up to meet some new people?

I'll take any post, but I'm riding with Shelly so the times should be similar at least.

Thanks Dave!! I'm looking forward to this as much or more than any of the other events.

Thanks Dave!! I'm looking forward to this as much or more than any of the other events.
Me too Don. I'm excited to give back a little, and be able to work at a place I've had a lot of other interactions with.

Gingerbread House or Breakfast cart sound fine to me. Anything but the Spa...
I'm afraid my asthma wouldn't be able to take the La-Ti-Da Spa :sad2: (nail polish, hair spray, etc.)!!

I'm riding with Donald is #1 and JewJuBean- so our shifts should be similar as well.

I'm in for the Gingerbread House as well. I talked to Kristin the other day about this and that is what she was heading towards as well as Jacksmom.

Heh...I wonder what we'll be serving? I have this hysterical image of flying sausages and pancakes soaring through the air! LMAO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter