Update! Photos Added! (Dec 16): DAP GKTW Voluntourist Group Saturday, Dec 12

Mouse Skywalker

<font color=green>The Force is strong with this Po
Hello Everyone: I just heard back from GKTW. They said they would be thrilled to have a group of us to volunteer on Saturday, Dec. 12th when we are in town for DIS-a-palooza. The time slot would be 7am-ish-12pm. If you want some more information about GKTW. You can check out my blog.

http://www.disunplugged.com/2009/05/26/become-a-voluntourist-for-give-kids-the-world-village/

Use this link to jump to the list and description of volunteer assignments.
GKTW Volunteer Assignments

All volunteers have to complete the visiting volunteer application. You can find it by clicking on the link below. At the bottom of the page there is a link to "Download Visiting Volunteer Application". All volunteers over the age of 18 are asked complete the background check waiver information. Those under the age of 18 may disregard this section on the application. Send applications by fax or mail (address at the top of the application). For processing purposes, applications must be received at GKTW by December 1st.

Visiting Volunteer Application

Here's the list of participants so far.

1.) Mouse Skywalker/Dave P. (GKTW app approved)
2.) Disneybridein2k3/Stacy M. (GKTW app approved)
3.) dpuck1998/Don P. (GKTW app approved)
4.) shellyminnie/Shelly L.
5.& 6.) Yvet/ Yvette and Emiel
7.) wildfan1473/ Jennifer (GKTW app approved)
8. & 9.) krissy2803/ Krissy and Bob (GKTW app approved)
10.) Donald is #1/Robbie (GKTW app approved)
11.) BornTeach/Kristin (GKTW app approved)
12.) JacksMom99/Kim (GKTW app approved)
13.) AnneR/ Anne (GKTW app approved)
14.) wdwscout/ Linda (GKTW app approved)
15.) kellygurlz74/ Kelly B (GKTW app approved)
16.) nikkibell/ Nikki (GKTW app approved)
17.) yellowmickeyponchos/ Nancy (GKTW app approved)
18.) jewjubean/ Julia (GKTW app approved)

For transportation questions to and from GKTW, you can check out this thread.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2260347

I'm about 90% sure that I'll be there for DAP. So go ahead and put me down!!

baby1disney= Terrie S

Dave,
Please tell us a bit more about what we would be doing as volunteers.

Val & I would join you but we will probably have to hook up with somebody that has a car to get there and back.

Dave,
Please tell us a bit more about what we would be doing as volunteers.

Val & I would join you but we will probably have to hook up with somebody that has a car to get there and back.
Jeff, thanks for yours and Val's interest. I don't know exactly what we'll be doing at this point. Once I get an idea of how big our group will be, GKTW will assign us duties. We would be there in the morning before the families leave for the parks. Some duties could include serving breakfast, scooping ice cream :thumbsup2 , welcoming families, etc. That's the best I can do right now, but I will definitely give more information as soon as I get it.

Jeff, I'm sure you would be able to find a ride with someone over to GKTW. I would probably have a car too, and would be happy to give you and Val a lift.

Hi Dave,

Great idea! :thumbsup2
I'm definitely going to talk to Yvette about this. We went there last year for a tour around the premisses and were really impressed by what they are doing. I would love to volunteer some time!!

I'm not sure about Mindy, but I would definitely be interesting in volunteering. They do such wonderful work that I think it would be great to give back a little. I will also have my car if anyone wants a ride!! :)

Color me there! I'll need a ride but will check to see who is staying at Pop. :grouphug:

I'm not sure about Mindy, but I would definitely be interesting in volunteering. They do such wonderful work that I think it would be great to give back a little. I will also have my car if anyone wants a ride!! :)

Shelly - I just saw that you're at Pop. May I catch a ride with you?

I will be doing the Program during this time but I'm trying to request off for DAP, so If I can gget days off I would LOVE to Volunteer with you guys. :D I can let you know ahead of time!

I'll start a list, and I think I will put Mary (maroo) at the top. ;)

maroo/Mary B.

Was this because I am so passionate about GKTW...or because I have bugged the stew out of you? :rolleyes1

Either way...

:banana: :banana: :banana:

I am so excited!

Here is the GKTW picture of the day...

0380CastleofMiracles.jpg

This is the Castle of Miracles.

Was this because I am so passionate about GKTW...or because I have bugged the stew out of you? :rolleyes1

Either way...

:banana: :banana: :banana:

I am so excited!
You haven't bugged me at all Mary. It was totally because of your passion.

Hi Dave,

Great idea! :thumbsup2
I'm definitely going to talk to Yvette about this. We went there last year for a tour around the premisses and were really impressed by what they are doing. I would love to volunteer some time!!

It's early!!!!!!!!!!!!
After DATW and in the evening of the 12th the DAP Party.......

But we are there!!!!

We stay at Pop so we can take at least 2 people with us in the car.....

It's early!!!!!!!!!!!!
After DATW and in the evening of the 12th the DAP Party.......

But we are there!!!!

We stay at Pop so we can take at least 2 people with us in the car.....
Yvette, there might have to be a nap scheduled in between GKTW and the DAP event. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter