Update on me & SIOLB---Updated again 7/30/08

I have SIOH and DH a message asking them to call me or to check in on the boards. I told them we where worried because we know she had an ultrasound yesterday. I will try again tomorrow if we do not hear from her by then.
S :)

Thanks for calling Shawna.. I've been checking my cell just incase her DH would have called... :) I'm sure they are in a last minute dashes for the big day... wow! It's only 4 days til the BIG DAY!!! (not counting today!)

Hi everyone!! I'm sorry I haven't posted yet. We didn't get home until LATE last night, and then we got up this morning about 6 and started on the house with my parents here working. They just left and I finally got the rooms to where I could get in here.

Shawna, thanks so much for calling to check on me!! I had turned my phone off when I went to the dr yesterday, and then stupid me forgot to turn it back on. Pregnancy has made my brain disappear!!

Ok, here's the update: She checked us yesterday, and she (the dr) has decided to go with August 1st. I was a little bummed, just b/c I thought I didn't want to wait a week past what I was already thinking of, but she said she'd rather do it then, so that she would know for sure that the lungs were completely done, and he could be in the room with me and go home with me and not have to stay in the nursery. When she put it that way, I had to agree! ;) She said that if I went in to labor before that date, that they would still do the C-section. . .it would just be done by whoever was on call, not by my dr. When they did the ultrasound, he was right around 7 pounds--the dr thinks he'll be 9 + by delivery. The fun part right now is that his abdominal area is ranking in the 73 percentile. He hasn't dropped yet at all, so when she was measuring, she said, "And look, he has a big ol' butt at the top." So, with the big ol' butt and the big ol' belly, DH & I have decided that we are giving birth to Norm from Cheers!!! :rotfl:

I'm really swollen now--so much so that the dr was laughingly like, "And your face is swollen and your feet are swollen and your knees are swollen. . ." I quite politely told her to stuff it! :rotfl2: We go for this week's check-up on Tuesday, and then the following week, we go Wed., Thurs., and then in for his Grand Entrance on Friday!! The C-section is scheduled for 10 a.m. that morning, and we have to be there at 8 a.m. I am SO excited, I am beside myself!!! :banana:

Thank you all for checking on me!! I'm sorry I worried everyone!! I will definitely give you an update after the appointment on Tuesday!! You all are the bestest buddies and DIS Aunties anyone could have!!

Ok Brooke,
no more turning off your phone..

Alright, August 1st.. now marked on the calendar but please tell your Dr.. .we will not wait a day past the 1st.. there will be up-teen ladies at her doorstep telling her we MUST have this baby before all our kids are back in school and take over our computer w/ school work!!! :)

9+ lbs.. oh sweetie.. you so have my sympathies...and my admiration.. my biggest was 6 # 5.5 oz.. and they got littler from there.. smallest little guy was 5 # 7.5 oz..

I'm glad you DR.. is being vigaliant though and make sure Dalton has good lungs and can come home at the same time as you... I don't think I would be able to leave w/o my baby.. I'd be camped out in the waiting room if they discharged me before my baby.. and TAKE ALL 3 DAYS they give you for a c-section.. (that is how many days my insurance gave me... and I took them!!)

Glad to hear you are okay and that the house is getting back to normal.. now go grab a cold drink (nice beverage) and put those feet up!!!

It was a little freaky when she said, "Ok, we'll do August 1st, is that ok with you?", I said, "Yes", and then she went outside the room and called to schedule it. I told DH that that made it seem even more real. . .as though the big pregnant belly and Shrek feet didn't make it real! :rotfl2: We could hear her calling, and she kept saying, "Well, then could we do this? Or if that doesn't work, what do we do?" I thought, "Oh, no, sister. We are NOT going past August 1st. It was July 23rd or August 1st. There was no other option!" Turns out, there was stuff scheduled early, and she was just trying to get me the 8:00. She came back in and was all apologetic about it being the 10 a.m. appointment for that day--I assured her that was fine! I was just afraid we were being bumped to the 15th or something crazy like that!!

I think we will be in the hospital Friday, Saturday, and Sunday--I don't know if we'll come home Sunday night or Monday morning. I went through a little guilt today, when I thought that school starts for counselors this Monday, and I thought, "Well, I COULD try to go back for a week." My mom was here, and she said, "Ok, I'm sorry, but look at you. You aren't even doing well walking around the house. What would you do to get there, and then what would you do if you went into labor at school??" Nothing like some motherly love to put perspective on things! I'm just going to have to be content to sit with my feet up for another week or so! ;)

Shrek feet.
:lmao:

Put those big ol'boys up while you can. There will be no rest for the weary.

oh brooke you are too funny! thank goodness you are ok. rest up my friend. put those feet up while you can!!
thanks for the update!!!!!

Glad to hear that all is well and that Dalton will be here soon!! Don't feel guilty about not going back to school! I taught up until the day before Matthew was born. He was born at the beginning of September so I felt I had to go back to start the school year off. I'm sure I was quite a sight in my 90 degree classroom! Enjoy these last few quiet moments. It will be a long time before you get them back! ;)

P.S. I hear ya on the Shrek feet. I was just commenting today on my resemblance to Fred Flintstone. :)

Thanks for the update!!

I agree with mom, stay home and relax, keep your feet up...

Yeah! A birth date! It's the day before mine, so it's an excellent time to be born! I hope you are able to rest these last few weeks- it's so exciting. I am glad your doctor is being cautious and making sure his little lungs are healthy and strong. Just think, resting on the couch with your feet up= more DIS time! If you don't have a laptop, have DH move the computer to the couch. :lmao:

My baby was 9 lbs, 3 oz. and I had her by C but that wasn't planned. They let me go thru 24 hours of exhausting labor first. When the peditrician said what a big baby, I felt if a dr. who had seen lots of babies born felt mine was big, she was big!

Listen to Mom and your dr. rest, rest, rest. And no, don't even think of going back to work. Speaking of which are you resting right now. Don't make me come down to TN wearing my UConn tshirt.:thumbsup2

Have you taken a picture of your Shrek feet for the scrapbooking album?

Michelle, you rest those Fred Flinstone feet too.:hug:

We had another dr's appt yesterday. We are still set for next Friday, August 1st. Whoo-hoo!!!

The downside is that I had gained 3 pounds of fluid since Friday. :eek: So, I'm supposed to be off my feet as much as possible until the delivery. My parents are coming to help work on the house on Saturday, and the dr said I could help then, but for the rest of the time, I'm supposed to be a good girl and stay off of my feet! Dr-imposed rest is NOT fun!! :rotfl2: I'll have to get DH to move the laptop in there so I can DIS!

SIOLB still hasn't dropped any. . .that's actually a plus, since I don't want to go into labor before next Friday! DH & I are counting the days down now. . .it's getting so close!!

Just wanted to give you an update of what was going on here! :thumbsup2

LOL!
You keep your butt on the couch!!! Last thing we need is you in trouble w/ the dr.. she just might impose the consequence.. you didn't listen.. labor for you!

Ok, I must go make my list for the day it is a mile long..and lots of fair stuff that has to be shuffled into the mix.. and it's already 10:30a.. OH NO!

OK, so I'm really, REALLY behind now. I'm just reading all the updates. Since my laptop is officially kaput, I'm pretty out of touch with anything besides work.

Brooke, just wanted you to know I'm here cheering for you and Dalton! You be good and STAY off those feet!! I know it must be hard, but your body will appreciate you. I agree it's best to wait till Aug 1 as well to let those lungs have the best chance for development. Take it easy this weekend, too!

I'll be looking forward to the good news on Aug. 1!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter