Update on me & SIOLB---Updated again 7/30/08

StitchIsOurHero

<font color=red>I was smart enough to marry a DH w
Hi everyone!!

I've been sort of MIA for the last little bit because things are a little crazy here (can you imagine?), and I've missed my DIS buddies! I wanted to check in and just let y'all know how everything is going!

We had an ultrasound on July 2nd, and at that point, he weighed between 5 1/2 and 6 pounds. Big, but not too big--still has my & DH's big head, though! :rotfl2: We had another appointment on July 11th (yesterday), and she checked my cervix. The head is (in her words) "low but not too low" and I am thinning! Progress!! My dr is going to be on vacation on July 24 & 25, and she doesn't want me to go into labor while she's gone (a fact for which I am thankful, even though I like the other doctors). We go back this Friday (July 18th) for ANOTHER ultrasound, and then an appt with her. She said that at that point, we would decide on July 23rd (a Wed.) or August 1st (the next time she's on call), depending on how big he is and if the lungs are completely done developing (evidently this takes longer in little boys?? I don't know!) I'm feeling ok--the heat is getting to me, with the swelling and everything. I've been having some back pain (I think that's why she's afraid I might go into labor), but it's been ok.

She also decided that I would NOT be going back to work on the 21st of July. We don't have paid maternity leave here for my job--I can take sick leave, but part of my maternity leave will still be unpaid. That's ok, DH & I planned for that, so we're good there. They are being really good at my work and letting me work at home to make up the hours for 13 of the days (because they are inservice), so technically, I don't start maternity leave until August 6th, even though I won't be there. I'm sort of the "techie" in our office, so I'm trying to get everything planned out and ready to not be there. YIKES!

On top of all of that stuff (and the impending freak-outs I'm having of "Oh my gosh! The 23rd is like in 11 days!!" ;) ), my mom and dad offered us a "gift". They decided to refloor about 75% of our house--all of the main rooms, bathrooms, and utility room (leaving the bedrooms carpeted). This is awesome, and we are so thankful, but it means that this Monday, our house is taken over by the flooring crews--all of my furniture is pretty much in one room, and everything is a MESS!!! It's going to be a wild week! ;)

Sorry for the novel, but I just wanted to check in here and let you know that I haven't fallen off of the planet or anything! I actually got 2 days of our March 08 trip planned out for the scrapbook, but I haven't been able to get back in there to scrap them!

Thanks for listening to my crazy pregnant ramblings! I'll keep y'all updated on the progress! :)

thanks for the update brooke. i have been wondering where you have been. WOW you must be getting so excited! it's almost time. i bet you just can't wait to see his face and kiss him and love him.....ooohhh so exciting.
nice gift from your mom and dad by the way!!!! that's really nice.

you take good care of you and the baby. it won't be long now.

keep us informed!

What a great gift from your folks. :thumbsup2 Sorry about the mess and inconvenience you have to deal with. I'm sure the end result will be worth it though.

Hmm, August 1st? Wonder if I can sneak away to go south, think the boys would miss me?

I'm soo excited for you. Try to rest as much as you can. If you feel the need to wash the kitchen floor on your hands and knees, it won't be long before labor starts. ;)

Thanks for the update! I've been thinking about you lately and hoping things were going well. Good luck with your flooring adventure!

Thank you for the update- I have been thinking about you guys (all 3!). I would hate for you to wait until the 1st, but that's the day before my bday... ;) It is so exciting that you are so close to having that little one in your arms! They are so sweet and loveable.

Congrats on the new floors- that sounds awesome! And like AWM said, if you get the urge to start thoroughly cleaning everything in sight- the end is near! :goodvibes

So you know you will go into labor when your DR is out of town right??? That's exactly what happened to me with DS6, the plane hadn't even gotten off the ground yet when I was hit with mondo contractions. LOL

You're gonna be a momma soon.......<sigh> I miss that newborn baby smell...... Not enough to have another one but still......

How is DH doing? Do you have your mommy bag packed yet? Do you have your Hubby bag packed yet? How about your car seat? Is it installed and secured? The base can't wiggle more than 1 inch in any direction.

Tell DH we want hourly updates!!!!

Good luck with the rest of the month and I hoping here you have the little one when your doctor is in town. It is very generous of your parents to give you new flooring- even if it is not necessarily convenient for you at this time. I am glad the school will work with you on hours.

Rebecca

Thanks for all of the good wishes!! We are SO excited! I can't believe it's so close--I washed everything and did all of that good stuff last week. . .love the little clothes and the little socks and everything!

We are going to have a C-section, so as long as everything is developed ok, I think that she (the dr) may go for the 23rd. She said that she thought I could "maybe" deliver the head, but she wasn't sure about the stomach. . .the visual of the halfway delivered baby was a little much for me! :rotfl2:

We feel so blessed to have our little man almost here--blessed AND nervous!! I have my list made for my bag, but I don't have it packed yet. I also have SIOLB's bag list made and DH's bag list made. While they are flooring on Monday, we will be in one of the bedrooms (wait, that didn't sound right!), so I may pack those then.

I'm not sure what made the flooring idea come up to my parents, but my mom called one day and said, "There's a sale, and we'd like to do this", so we went that weekend, and that was it! It's such a wonderful gift, but one of those things where you feel just a bit guilty taking it, even though I know my parents would do anything in the world for me. . .does that make sense?

I haven't gotten my mind around not going to work when school starts--this is the first time since I started pre-school at age 4 that I didn't go to school on the first day of school! ;)

We made our "call list" tonight--DH has been instructed to post here RIGHT AFTER the grandparents and siblings are called! I mean, we have to get all of the aunties in!! :)

Thank you all again for listening to my ramblings and for being so supportive! Y'all are the bestest friends anyone could ask for!

Not to have my own little posting party here, but I have a question/favor:

As some of you know, DH & I are a "split family" or "house divided" when it comes to baseball! He is a die-hard Red Sox fan (not a bandwagon person, has been forever!), and I, on the other hand, am a Yankees fan. We joke that neither of us knew this before we got married, or it might have made a difference! ;)

Here's the deal--a dear friend of mine bought SIOLB a Yankees onesie as a gift at our shower. We are planning (through DH's niceness. . .not sure I'd be this nice! :rotfl2: ) to bring our little man home from the hospital in it. We also have a MLB blanket (not team specific) that someone gave us to go with it (yes, we're a baseball family). Tonight, we were watching the Boston game on NESN, and the announcers had a little stuffed "wally" (I think that's his name. . .the little green monster that's a sort of "mascot" for the Red Sox). I told DH to go look online and see if he could find one and that we'd put it in the little seat with SIOLB when we took pics of taking him home--I've looked everywhere for an infant little Red Sox hat, but no can do. DH found the stuffed Wally online, but it's on backorder.

Long story short (impossible now!), would this be something that could be found up in the NE area? If any of y'all have ever seen one of these in a store, I would be happy to send you money, if you would get me one and send it to me. I'd like to surprise DH with it for him to give to SIOLB! If not, that's ok, but if you've seen one or know where I can get it, would you let me know??

Ok, off my rambling now!! ;)

I have not seen a stuffed Wally, but I will do some investigating! My DH is not super into sports, but I'm seeing 2 girlfriends tomorrow whose DHs are much more so - they might now. I can call Fenway too. I'm on the case!

(And since this part of the gift is more for DH than for you, I'll tell you that you just might already have a little Red Sox outfit on its way to you in the next week or so. :rolleyes1 )

That is so nice!! Thank you, NEE!!! DH will be thrilled! ;) And I know SIOLB would be adorable in it (I think DH thinks SIOLB stands for "Stitch Is One Little Bostonfan!") :rotfl2:

If you do find a Wally, pm me or let me know and I'll send you $ and postage and everything!! Thanks SO much!

What a terrific gift your parents are giving you, :goodvibes and you'll be able to look at and walk that flooring a lot while you are home on maternity leave.

Did I miss why you are having a CSection? I must have. I don't remember hearing that before.

Get as much rest as you can, but it sounds like you are nesting already, so you are ready to go. It is such an exciting time. Holding that precious bundle for the first time, checking all ten fingers and ten toes is a feeling that can't compare!

ohhhh...new baby! I love that smell too...definitely not enough to have another one, but it is sooooooo yummy. :)

Wow, what an incredible gift. I totally know what you mean about feeling guilty and lucky at the same time. Believe it or not though, some day you'll be doing just the same thing for SIOLB and you won't even think twice. It is what parents do...

Well, as everyone has said...keep us informed. So exciting! :)

Thanks for the update because if you hadn't reported in by Monday, I was calling and then if I couldn't find you I was finding Cherie... than I was driving down and there was gonna be explaining to do!!! :)

Glad to hear things are going well...and I'm looking forward to the 23rd.. that is our off day from fair activities so tell DH I'll be waiting for my call (or tell KAM to call me!)

Your Dparents are wonderful!!! can I borrow them???
Tell SIOLB that Auntie Nan and family send their love and we can't wait to see him!!!!

Success! Friend's DH told me just where to go and I have Wally! Along with a few other little goodies - I'm going to be Brian's best friend!

I'll mail them tomorrow!

Awesome Research NEE!!!

Brooke, I'm sorry. I wanted to do a baby shower for you but things have been nuts here so I can't do it. Maybe after SIOLB comes we can have a little get together.

I can't wait to meet him in April!!!!

Yep, I'm going shopping on Wed w/ my mom... :) Can't wait to shop for little one!!! I need to find him his little colts out fit..and a list of other things that will come in care packages every once in a while!!!

Can't wait to see photos!!!

Success! Friend's DH told me just where to go and I have Wally! Along with a few other little goodies - I'm going to be Brian's best friend!

I'll mail them tomorrow!

i had my hand on him today and put it back and i was hoping NEE would find him and she did!!!! great job NEE!!!!! they had the cutest little red sox things, i just could not decide.

Thanks for the update, Brooke! You'll be a mommy before you know it! Glad to hear that things are going well and that little Dalton will be making his appearance soon. Hopefully you are resting as much as possible and keeping cool (I hear ya on the swelling! ;) ).

Glad to hear that Wally was found. I'm happy that Dalton will be a Red Sox baby. You will have to sing him to sleep with "Sweet Caroline". My mom keeps insisting that we name the new baby Jacoby. I've always said that my first DS broke the curse. A month after he was born, the Sox won their first World Series in 80 something years!

Ooh, Wally was found!! YAY!! DH will be thrilled--and you're right, NEE, you will be DH's new best friend!

Again, thank you all so much for the well wishes! We have spent the day cleaning, painting, and moving the furniture, plus doing laundry since the laundry room will be off-limits until Thursday (not that I'm behind on laundry or anything!! :rolleyes: )

Nancy, I kept thinking "I need to pm Nancy back", and every time I would start in here to do it, something would come up and then I'd forget!! I'm sorry!!

Buffy, no worries about the baby shower thing. You all have done SO much for me already, in addition to just being the wonderful friends that all of you are!! I'm excited for you to get to meet him in April--anyone else that's down this way, just come on by,too!! SIOLB needs pics with all of his aunties!!

Thanks, everyone, for the Wally and Red Sox stuff search. Michelle, if Dalton wasn't a family name, Jacoby was actually a consideration. . .although with a "J" last name, I wasn't sure that would work!

Just 5 days until the ultrasound, and hopefully, "setting the date"! I am on pins and needles!!! Someone (Lisa, I think) asked why we were having a C-section. He is bigger than they thought he would be, and I am short (as is my dr), so she wants to do a C, rather than to have me labor for hours and THEN have to do a C. I told her I'd do the labor or the C, but I'd much prefer NOT to do both!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter