*UPDATE* Fantasmic Dining Packages Available 10/1 & after

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! my ta pulled through for me!!!!!!! she was on hold for 45 minutes!!!! she got us h&v at 3:35 on the 1st. they told her we'd be given a ticket and then we were to return at such a time at the "gate" they also informed her that they are now telling people that you have to be in that park on that day to take part....weird. im so excited!!!!!!

thanks guys!!!! if it wasnt for disboards and youre thread we'd never get it.....now that being said you know theyll add a second show that nite!!!!

I'm sure it was probably just the spiel about needing park admission to eat at this restraunt that came across wrong. I mean of course I'm going to be "there" to eat "there" and see a show "there".....though I am starting my morning out in AK. Isn't that what paying extra for park hoppers is for? :confused3

And FWIW if you said "no" to staying on-site wouldn't they then pre-charge you since you "wouldn't" have the dining plan? Or I don't know how that works if it's order off the menu now? I've never paid for it before.

I booked the package today for October 8th. It's for Mama Melrose at 3:45. This was the latest they had.

I had made an online ADR last weekend for 50s PT at 5:00 as a backup in case I didn't get the package.

I couldn't get myself to cancel the first ADR today. I'm thinking 3:45 is way too early for dinner (are they even serving the dinner menu at that time?)

Also most shows end so early at HS. I question how much we would be able to see after dinner, but before F!.

Is the package worth the inconvenience anymore? I've heard stories of people not getting into the show even with the package. It just sounds like we will have to go super early anyway for a seat.

I would love to hear anyone's comparison of the menus, food, or service between Mama Melrose and 50s Prime Time. My family has only used Brown Derby and H and V for the package in the past.

Thanks in advance!

I guess it depends on your family's style of eating. I don't think ~ 1 hour makes that much difference. I prefer to have dinners at 6-7pm since that's when we usually eat at home, but on vacation sometimes even later is OK too. My family (kids included) are much more night owl-ish than we are early birds. So I did make a couple of lunch ADR's for our trip with plans for CS dinner after 8 or when we're hungry again. I have MM F! at 335 and I consider it lunch no matter what the menu might be. I alway promise the kids one night we'll go back to the resort and order a whole pizza and go to the pool and eat and swim. Guess that's my plan for F! night since it will only be 9-ish when we get back to the resort. Way too early for us to get ready for bed!

I can't compare places as this is our first time at Mama Melrose, but my experience with 50's was just OK. We waited quite a while for a table (over 30 minutes). Our server wasn't real fun....she was actually kinda grouchy which perhaps was her act? She seemed to be into it just enough to say she did it. The tables around us had 2 really fun guys so my kids joined in on their antics and they played along. The kids liked their meals, mine was just OK...not bad, not great. My mother enjoyed her's least of all our meals on our trip. She was OK with it, but not enough to think it was worth going back except that the kids liked it so much. All in all we were there nearly 2 hours. I'd think that would be cutting things close for general seating at Fantasmic at 8pm.

Perhaps Mama Melrose is even slower? I don't know, but I can't imagine being there for 4 hours. LOL At least with the package I feel comfortable going in around 7 and avoiding the line up.

regards

I was afraid of that based upon what I read on another thread today. Oh well, we're going to stick with it & hope for the best.

We had a pkg at MM, but I switched to H&V b/c I thought it would be better for our son with multiple food allergies. Italian restaurants don't usually offer many options for someone who is allergic to wheat (pasta), eggs (some pasta, if fresh), milk (cheese &/or cream sauces) and soy (some sauces). I was hopeful H&V would offer him more choices. Since our boys are 4 & 2, I also thought a buffet might be easier... less time waiting for food is generally a positive with little boys that age!

Oh well, we're going to stick with it & hope for the best. Maybe since our expectations have been set low, it won't seem so bad. :-)

I booked the package today for October 8th. It's for Mama Melrose at 3:45. This was the latest they had.

I had made an online ADR last weekend for 50s PT at 5:00 as a backup in case I didn't get the package.

I couldn't get myself to cancel the first ADR today. I'm thinking 3:45 is way too early for dinner (are they even serving the dinner menu at that time?)

Also most shows end so early at HS. I question how much we would be able to see after dinner, but before F!.

Is the package worth the inconvenience anymore? I've heard stories of people not getting into the show even with the package. It just sounds like we will have to go super early anyway for a seat.

I would love to hear anyone's comparison of the menus, food, or service between Mama Melrose and 50s Prime Time. My family has only used Brown Derby and H and V for the package in the past.

Thanks in advance!

We have been there twice. The first time was fine...we were just happy to get into AC and away from he crowds. The second time was really bad. Poor service, crowded, noisey, and the buffet area was dirty.

I wouldn't go back unless I needed the package.

I've heard many people talk about how wonderful Mama Melrose and Ohana are for people with special dietary needs.

I was afraid of that based upon what I read on another thread today. Oh well, we're going to stick with it & hope for the best.

Oh well, we're going to stick with it & hope for the best. Maybe since our expectations have been set low, it won't seem so bad. :-)

We liked it. In all my trips to WDW, I read nothing but bad reviews about it (what was it before H&V?? I can't think) So, we never ate there.

Last year, after everyone but me HATED Mama Melroses, I made an ADR F! pkg for H&V - and we liked it. :confused3 But, everyone's tastes bud's are different. To me, it was comparable to Chef Mickey's-esque. Buffet - with lots of different options.

They had the best carrot cake I've ever had in my life. So, if you don't like anything, you can fill up on that. ;)

yum! carrot cake!!! :thumbsup2

We liked it. In all my trips to WDW, I read nothing but bad reviews about it (what was it before H&V?? I can't think) So, we never ate there.

Last year, after everyone but me HATED Mama Melroses, I made an ADR F! pkg for H&V - and we liked it. :confused3 But, everyone's tastes bud's are different. To me, it was comparable to Chef Mickey's-esque. Buffet - with lots of different options.

They had the best carrot cake I've ever had in my life. So, if you don't like anything, you can fill up on that. ;)

must be that....even my ta said not that it matters cus you have the park hopper...

I'm sure it was probably just the spiel about needing park admission to eat at this restraunt that came across wrong. I mean of course I'm going to be "there" to eat "there" and see a show "there".....though I am starting my morning out in AK. Isn't that what paying extra for park hoppers is for? :confused3

And FWIW if you said "no" to staying on-site wouldn't they then pre-charge you since you "wouldn't" have the dining plan? Or I don't know how that works if it's order off the menu now? I've never paid for it before.

CathrynRose, I knew I could count on you to make me feel better! At the very least, I know we'll be happy that it is a buffet & we don't have to keep the little monkeys still while we wait for our order!

Hollywood and Vine was my least favorite buffet at Disney.

I'm picky and I found very little to eat there-chicken and I'm not sure what else I ate, I did have dessert.

Hollywood and Vine was my least favorite buffet at Disney.

I'm picky and I found very little to eat there-chicken and I'm not sure what else I ate, I did have dessert.

My least favorite, by far, is Boma. Yucko! (see? everyone's taste buds are different! Everyone's raves about it!)

But, like you, I ate dessert. Can't ever go wrong with that, right? ;)

Hi everyone! :wave:

Just got a chance to jump back on since early this morning and I'm soooooooo happy to see all the peeps that have been able to snag the F! packages! Yay Us!!! :woohoo:

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone (especially the ones in our "crew") that kept everybody informed and kept our spirits up during the stressful waiting game. :grouphug:

Looking back on it, I can't believe how I let getting the F! package control my life. I was calling like a mad woman and then every other time I was doing something else I would think..."hmmm, when was the last time I called to check on F! today"...crazy, psycho ex-girlfriend crazy actually!

I must admit, it was so nice not to have that monkey on my back today! I relaxed for the first time in weeks since making my ADR's!

Cheers everyone! :goodvibes

I would think..."hmmm, when was the last time I called to check on F! today"...crazy, psycho ex-girlfriend crazy actually!

:lmao::lmao:

Nooo.... none of us drove past CRO, really slow, at night, headlights off ..... did we?? :eek: :laughing:

I know what you mean about stress! I didn't even have as long to wait as most/all of you.

I've only been extra worried since Sunday.

Woo Hoo. Thanks Everyone. Didn't see this until today. Called and got Brown Derby on 10-4-09. Granted its at 4:05pm, but I can live with that to not wait in line for hours!!!

They also had some at H and V if anyone is still looking.

Still seems that I'm the only one that was booking later in the month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter