*UPDATE* Fantasmic Dining Packages Available 10/1 & after

I've been trying all week - The CM was so excited also - he said this is the 1st package he's been able to book in a month! :banana::banana::banana:

Yipppeee!!! :cheer2:

You know, I feel bad for 'non-dis'ers' (or anyone) who didn't know they were not in the system, and got told they were booked, KWIM?

Sucks to be them. ;):laughing:

I just booked Fantasmic at H & V on 10/8 for a party of 5 at 4:40!!!:cool1:

I do have a question. Do you have a reserved seat during Fantasmic & can just show up 15 min. early or do you have to wait in a long line regardless? I am confused about this one point.

According to the info posted on the Disney website, the package includes reserved seating for the Fantasmic show (from what I understand, you don't have a specific seat reserved... they have a section reserved for dinner package guests). It also indicates, "Pick up your VIP voucher for the show upon payment of your meal at your chosen restaurant. Please plan on arriving at Hollywood Hills Amphitheater 60-90 minutes prior to the show."

I just booked Fantasmic at H & V on 10/8 for a party of 5 at 4:40!!!:cool1:

I do have a question. Do you have a reserved seat during Fantasmic & can just show up 15 min. early or do you have to wait in a long line regardless? I am confused about this one point.

Try again... and ask them to try searching multiple times/ways. When I called this a.m. they said Oct 1st was booked up, too... but, I was persistent and soon several options opened up. I'm not sure why. But, I would definitely keep trying today.

:sad2::sad2::sad2: Nothing for 10/4

According to the info posted on the Disney website, the package includes reserved seating for the Fantasmic show (from what I understand, you don't have a specific seat reserved... they have a section reserved for dinner package guests). It also indicates, "Pick up your VIP voucher for the show upon payment of your meal at your chosen restaurant. Please plan on arriving at Hollywood Hills Amphitheater 60-90 minutes prior to the show."

You don't have to get there that early.

1/2 - 45 mins or so is enough time. :)

Congratulations to everyone getting what they want! I called this morning and the CM said they weren't available but when I pressed him to check (and said I'd seen it on the boards that people were getting the F!) he DID find that they were taking bookings! He was very helpful from that point on.

We've never been before to F!

For those who have been before, what is considered the *best* time for reservations? We got a 4pm... That just seems so early to eat a big meal... We'll make it work & I'm excited!

Also how early SHOULD we get in line at the reserved door?

Thanks!

Actually, I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no longer a seperate entrance for F! dining packages, you must wait in the same line with everyone else who is already lined up, so the old "45 min." wait, may not get you a seat! I'd err on the side of caution and plan to be in line at least an hour before the show...and that's my bare minimum...especially since you're going during free dining. You might not even have a seat. Depending on when you get in line, dictates when you get to your seating and at a certain point (so many minutes before the start of the show), they open the F! preferred seating to the General public.....just saying, get there early so you won't be disappointed.

I wanted to Thank Everyone who has kept this thread going. As soon as I saw the header changed of this thread I instantly called an booked the package for the 4th. I've been about 35 times and 15-20 times since Fantasmic opened and have still never seen it. This would be my first. (I did see it at Disneyland)

Precisely...I don't get it either. But, this is how it was last year, before they cut down the shows. I did get a MM, but decided against a F! pkg., because I didn't want to eat at 4pm (dinner) or 8pm and I knew I'd still be in the same line. So, I have a MM for 9/29 at 6pm...works for me.

Actually, I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no longer a seperate entrance for F! dining packages, you must wait in the same line with everyone else who is already lined up, so the old "45 min." wait, may not get you a seat! I'd err on the side of caution and plan to be in line at least an hour before the show...and that's my bare minimum...especially since you're going during free dining. You might not even have a seat. Depending on when you get in line, dictates when you get to your seating and at a certain point (so many minutes before the start of the show), they open the F! preferred seating to the General public.....just saying, get there early so you won't be disappointed.

They rope of an entire section for the package That section (in every time I have done the package) was never opened up to the public - ever.

The line that is going to be outside the stadium is unnecessary for anyone with the F! Package. Just because everyone (with no dining package) else is lined up, doesnt mean I have to be.

Lollygagging in there at 45 minutes before show time - no matter where the entrance is - will be plenty of time. This, of course, is my opinion.

I don't see what difference it makes where 'the line' is, as far as when you need to get there. It doesn't.

They rop of an entire section for free dining. That section (in every time I have done the package) was never opened up to the public - ever.

The line that is going to be outside the stadium is unnecessary for anyone with the F! Package. Just because everyone (with no dining package) else is lined up, doesnt mean I have to be.

Lollygagging in there at 45 minutes before show time - no matter where the entrance is - will be plenty of time. This, of course, is my opinion.

I don't see what difference it makes where 'the line' is, as far as when you need to get there. It doesn't.

Now that makes much more sense to me.

Thanks

They do have a section roped off for the Fantasmic Dining Package Guests, but they DO drop the ropes to that prior to the show starting.

Showing up 45 minutes in advance you should still be fine, but I think they drop the ropes about 30 minutes before the show starts. This isn't new, they've done this since 2007 at least.

I've heard you need to arrive 2 hours early without the package and about an hour early with the package. You all have to wait through the same long line now, so if it's a busy night, it might just take most of that time getting in and seated.

I read a thread a month or 2 ago from some people who were at a particularly busy night for Fantasmic, and by the time they got through that line, they had dropped the ropes for the reserved section and they did not get in.

I do believe that was the exception rather than the rule, but file it away for reference!

They do have a section roped off for the Fantasmic Dining Package Guests, but they DO drop the ropes to that prior to the show starting.

Showing up 45 minutes in advance you should still be fine, but I think they drop the ropes about 30 minutes before the show starts. This isn't new, they've done this since 2007 at least.

Thanks Tricia. I know I’ve witnessed the “rope” drop and allow the “general” viewers access to the “reserved” seating area. My recommendation on more than 45 minutes is based on the fact that the show is down to what 2x per week and it is also during free dining.

Without the separate entrance, one could easily be waiting in line and miss out on their “reserved” seating.

It happened to us last year and we even had a member of our party who was disabled, soo sad too bad the CM basically said. So, for now on, especially with the show cut backs and free dining, I will err on the side of caution and get my butt there early.

They rope of an entire section for the package That section (in every time I have done the package) was never opened up to the public - ever.

Actually, you NO LONGER have a seperate entrance, you use the SAME entrance as everyone else.

Which is why you MIGHT want to line up early.

Happened to our GG party last year with a disabled wheelchaired person...too bad we were told, standing room only.

Actually, you NO LONGER have a seperate entrance, you use the SAME entrance as everyone else.

Which is why you MIGHT want to line up early.

Happened to our GG party last year with a disabled wheelchaired person...too bad we were told, standing room only.

No reason to bold - considering I absolutely understand there is NO separate entrance.

Still don't see what difference that makes.

Everyone is going to do their own thing. I was just there in early Feb - which is quite similar crowds to September - as well as a handful of shows a night - and had no problems.

I won't be lining up with the herd. Everyone else is free to so their own thing.

**ETA - And perhaps I never noticed the roping off being unroped because I go during uncrowded times. (September/October & Jan/Feb) and even this past February - with limited shows a week - the theater was not at capacity.

You know, the thing is this.... September is NOT a crowded time of year. It's just not. The restaurants may be hard to get ADR's for and jam-packed, but the fact of the matter is, September is slow. And yes I understand there is only a few shows a week - but that was also the case in February - and I already told you my experience with that.

There is no reason to get worried about this. There just isn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter