*update 1/10 Am I done?!!* How to get your child to grow 1" in 120 days....

Ok so it's been forever since I updated this!! I will by the weekend do another update... :) I think I have park plans figured out :) plus I can talk about my Jan ADRs ;)

Sarah! I had no idea you'd started a new PTR! Following along ... :thumbsup2 Looks like a great trip from what little I've read so far.

Sarah! I had no idea you'd started a new PTR! Following along ... :thumbsup2 Looks like a great trip from what little I've read so far.

:welcome:

Hi Taaren! Will you be doing a TR or PTR for your Nov trip? Also how has the big transition to CA gone?

So writing out my entire plans seems somewhat daunting at the moment. We have been super busy this summer between, vacations, weekends away, birthdays, visitors and the constant cycle of home improvements. I wanted to do a mini TR about our trip to NC however, timing and privacy are not going to allow me to do so! I may post a few favorite pictures from our summer adventures though... If I have time between getting ready for our trip, painting and working on the exterior of the house and just our normal day to day stuff.

So lets start with some Disney planning!!

Saturday -

Originally we were going to stay overnight at local hotel and utilize park & fly. However, Zoey has had a hard time sleeping in new places so we changed our mind. Figured, going to bed early and getting up at 2 is much better than going to bed at midnight and getting up at 4 :)

So our flight leaves around 6:50 am and will land around 10am. We currently have a car rental with Alamo ($172 for an 8 day rental!) We will pick up the car, grab coffee (probably a snack or two for the kids) and off to check in at Kidani. I did online checkin already and figured we can go in, pick up our rented double stroller, and potentially drop off our luggage.

Zack and I already have AP's, but we will need to pick up Zoey's.... So what better place to do that than Animal Kingdom!! We figured we could head over, get our PP+ card, find out about potential Magic Bands and/or RFID cards and go grab lunch at Flame Tree BBQ :) We thought we could do a ride or two, maybe just check out Rafikis Planet watch or Dinoland... Basically take it easy.... When our room is ready we will head back to Kidani, relax until our 6pm ADR at Boma. Most likely, after that, one of us will head out for groceries while the other takes the kids back to the room for bed.

Sunday - MK & Epcot Day!!

So today we go to the Magic Kingdom to celebrates Zoey's 4th birthday. Her birthday will have been a week earlier so it should be fun. We have the morning at MK, and then we we have a lunch ADR at CRT. Really it will be any anything goes kind of day, and we will most likely only be in Fantasyland. I guess depending on how things go, we will either leave in the afternoon to rest or head over to Epcot for a QS dinner in the world showcase. We have so many favorites there it will be hard to decide. I am hoping for a relaxing evening and if the girls relax/nap in the stroller we will stay for Illuminations.

Basically our goal for this day is to make Zoey feel super special :) With a trip planned in January it's going to be easier to relax, knowing its not going to be a full year between visits.

Also, update on Zoey's height... Right at 40" with shoes on... I so hope we can get her on some fun rides this trip!!

AK would be my favorite park to take things easy on arrival day especially since it's not necessary to be in the park at rope drop or early in the morning to get on some of the rides a la TSMM. Plus, there's so much to look at while just strolling through the park and shows if one gets tired of the walking.

:thumbsup2 for 40 inches! Opens up so many rides!

AK would be my favorite park to take things easy on arrival day especially since it's not necessary to be in the park at rope drop or early in the morning to get on some of the rides a la TSMM. Plus, there's so much to look at while just strolling through the park and shows if one gets tired of the walking.

:thumbsup2 for 40 inches! Opens up so many rides!

Yes, plus with us staying at AKV, it's a no brainer - if someone needs to go back to the room it's 15-20 vs 30-40. I agree, I love walking through AK, the landscaping is gorgeous, and if both kids pass out DH and I can still have things to look at. I really hope I've measured her right!! I'm thinking of not saying too much though, just in case. She wants to go on Splash Mountain so bad!

Yes, plus with us staying at AKV, it's a no brainer - if someone needs to go back to the room it's 15-20 vs 30-40. I agree, I love walking through AK, the landscaping is gorgeous, and if both kids pass out DH and I can still have things to look at. I really hope I've measured her right!! I'm thinking of not saying too much though, just in case. She wants to go on Splash Mountain so bad!

I think she should be good to go since there's another 2 months left. One of our past trips, DD had just passed the 40" mark without shoes. But since the height restriction enforcement can be quite inconsistent throughout Disney and even within a queue (CMs keeping an eye out for height issues at two different points in the line) I was still nervous. So each time we got in line for one of those rides, I just reminded DD that we'll have to see if the "Disney People" thinks she's tall enough and if they didn't then we'll have to wait till our next trip. I didn't tell her before the trip that she was tall enough. Whenever she asked me about it at home, I would tell her that we'll have to wait and find out once we get to Disney. She rode many 40" rides and got measured once and was allowed in that time.

I think she should be good to go since there's another 2 months left. One of our past trips, DD had just passed the 40" mark without shoes. But since the height restriction enforcement can be quite inconsistent throughout Disney and even within a queue (CMs keeping an eye out for height issues at two different points in the line) I was still nervous. So each time we got in line for one of those rides, I just reminded DD that we'll have to see if the "Disney People" thinks she's tall enough and if they didn't then we'll have to wait till our next trip. I didn't tell her before the trip that she was tall enough. Whenever she asked me about it at home, I would tell her that we'll have to wait and find out once we get to Disney. She rode many 40" rides and got measured once and was allowed in that time.

We have been measuring her periodically telling her in short that it was related to rides in Disney. I also wanted to show her YouTube videos to see her general reaction. So, now I think I'm not going to really bring it up since we are only 5 weeks away... Luckily too, she is so easy going, not that she doesn't ever act out, but it's rare and she's pretty much a go with the flow kinda girl.... I honestly want to get into Disney and take her to the first measuring station I see... Hehe

The plans look great. That is a nice deal on the rental car. Not bad at all.

I hope that Disney agrees with your measurements and she is able to ride Splash Mountain.

I love summer, but it can be exhausting! Hahaha
Sounds like a good plan for Saturday, I love the idea of sticking around AK/ the lodge on the first day. :thumbsup2

And a relaxing go-with-the-flow MK day to follow. :thumbsup2
YAY for Zoey's 40"!

I love summer, but it can be exhausting! Hahaha
Sounds like a good plan for Saturday, I love the idea of sticking around AK/ the lodge on the first day. :thumbsup2

And a relaxing go-with-the-flow MK day to follow. :thumbsup2
YAY for Zoey's 40"!

I'm so bad at keeping up!! I need to make sure I take good notes and lots of pictures too.... We have so much to do on the house before winter I know it's going to take a while to update this into a TR.... I'm sure you have the same mad dash to winterize before the frost and deep freeze comes ;)

So.... My trip is days away... And well I've been soooo busy! Lots of stuff going on at home, and racing to get it done before the first frost hits. Still have quite a work list left but I am sure we will finish in time... Well hopefully..... We just celebrated Zoey's 4th birthday with a hula party, the family is gone and now to do my final update before we leave on Saturday!!

I am now packing, and decided I wanted to rent a lens for my vacation. Nikon's 18-300 VR II.... It should arrive Thursday so wish me luck! Aside from a few odds and ends I think we are all set and just need to get everything into suitcases! Also, the girls etsy dresses came.... adorable!!

So as day to day plans go I basically did Saturday & Sunday.... I will give the highlights because we are pretty relaxed at touring, it's going to be hot and I won't be moving too fast in that heat!

Monday is our Epcot morning - our goal here is to do Test Track and maybe Soarin'.... We will probably spend most of the morning wandering around Future world - depending on timing we may visit the World Showcase for a tasty lunch :) We will then head back to the resort to relax, have pool time and maybe a nap before our ADR at Artists Point - not sure what we will be doing after but MK and Epcot are in the running...

Tuesday - This will be our only morning at HS - goal to do Star Tours and TSM! We are on the fence with Tower of Tower and really don't think we will do any rides we can't do Rider Swap with Zoey (RnR, EE, SM) we will head back in the afternoon for a nap because it will be a late night at MNSSHP! Our dinner ADR for this evening is Be Our Guest and we couldn't be more excited! Our primary goals of MNSSHP is character meets, dance parties, Hallowishes, and parades. Maybe a ride or two because well - it the Magic Kingdom!!

Wednesday- We have an early breakfast at AK - Tusker House pre park opening!! We will hang out in AK almost all day and head to Epcot later in the afternoon to Epcot for our 2nd character meal of the day.... Garden Grill :) We will check our anything in future world, but spend most of our evening in the World Showcase.

Thursday - We will be starting our morning out at 'Ohana - Zoey is a huge Lilo & Stitch fan :) This is a MK day - starting out in the morning with the girls first haircuts. Zoey will be donating hers to either Wigs for Kids or Pantene Beautiful Lengths. I thought it was important to use a charity recognized by the American Cancer Association and we also felt Locks Of Love wasn't as transparent as they could be. We have a ADR at Kona for dinner and may head to MK to watch fireworks, or hang around and watch the Water Pageant... again it's going to be a go with the flow evening :)

Friday - This morning isn't really planned, it will be whatever park we feel we want to revisit. However this evening will will be going to the Villans Bash at HS! I am excited for this Limited Time Magic and can't wait to see what it is all about.

Saturday - Departure day... We have a later flight so we are going to have a later breakfast at Boma, and most likely visit MK - after all what better park to end your WDW visit with!!

We don't plan down to the minute, and we hope the girls nap in the stroller, but we do want to go to DTD, potentially mini golf (although may do that in Jan when the parks close earlier) and we also will do plenty of relaxing and pool time and resort exploring :) Well, time to get packing! 4.5 days until we leave!!!

So.... My trip is days away... And well I've been soooo busy! Lots of stuff going on at home, and racing to get it done before the first frost hits. Still have quite a work list left but I am sure we will finish in time... Well hopefully..... We just celebrated Zoey's 4th birthday with a hula party, the family is gone and now to do my final update before we leave on Saturday!!

Happy Birthday to Zoey!

I am now packing, and decided I wanted to rent a lens for my vacation. Nikon's 18-300 VR II.... It should arrive Thursday so wish me luck! Aside from a few odds and ends I think we are all set and just need to get everything into suitcases! Also, the girls etsy dresses came.... adorable!!

So as day to day plans go I basically did Saturday & Sunday.... I will give the highlights because we are pretty relaxed at touring, it's going to be hot and I won't be moving too fast in that heat!

Monday is our Epcot morning - our goal here is to do Test Track and maybe Soarin'.... We will probably spend most of the morning wandering around Future world - depending on timing we may visit the World Showcase for a tasty lunch :) We will then head back to the resort to relax, have pool time and maybe a nap before our ADR at Artists Point - not sure what we will be doing after but MK and Epcot are in the running...

I recommend MK after Artists Point, since that is where I will be! :thumbsup2

Tuesday - This will be our only morning at HS - goal to do Star Tours and TSM! We are on the fence with Tower of Tower and really don't think we will do any rides we can't do Rider Swap with Zoey (RnR, EE, SM) we will head back in the afternoon for a nap because it will be a late night at MNSSHP! Our dinner ADR for this evening is Be Our Guest and we couldn't be more excited! Our primary goals of MNSSHP is character meets, dance parties, Hallowishes, and parades. Maybe a ride or two because well - it the Magic Kingdom!!

I went to the first MNSSHP of the year in 2008 and it was so much fun. I can't wait to go on the 13th!

Wednesday- We have an early breakfast at AK - Tusker House pre park opening!! We will hang out in AK almost all day and head to Epcot later in the afternoon to Epcot for our 2nd character meal of the day.... Garden Grill :) We will check our anything in future world, but spend most of our evening in the World Showcase.

I tried for Tusker House, but couldn't get anything earlier than 9:45am, so I passed. I will be at AK though, so maybe we will see each other there!

Thursday - We will be starting our morning out at 'Ohana - Zoey is a huge Lilo & Stitch fan :) This is a MK day - starting out in the morning with the girls first haircuts. Zoey will be donating hers to either Wigs for Kids or Pantene Beautiful Lengths. I thought it was important to use a charity recognized by the American Cancer Association and we also felt Locks Of Love wasn't as transparent as they could be. We have a ADR at Kona for dinner and may head to MK to watch fireworks, or hang around and watch the Water Pageant... again it's going to be a go with the flow evening :)

Wigs for Kids is a great organization! That's great that you will be donating Zoey's hair :goodvibes

Friday - This morning isn't really planned, it will be whatever park we feel we want to revisit. However this evening will will be going to the Villans Bash at HS! I am excited for this Limited Time Magic and can't wait to see what it is all about.

I went back and forth on doing the Villians Bash or not, but I have a feeling it's going to be swamped, so I went with MNSSHP since most of them will be there too.

Saturday - Departure day... We have a later flight so we are going to have a later breakfast at Boma, and most likely visit MK - after all what better park to end your WDW visit with!!

My flight out is early this time, so I will only get some resort time then DME to MCO. But I agree that MK is the best park to end with. I will end mine there too, but the previous night with MNSSHP!

We don't plan down to the minute, and we hope the girls nap in the stroller, but we do want to go to DTD, potentially mini golf (although may do that in Jan when the parks close earlier) and we also will do plenty of relaxing and pool time and resort exploring :) Well, time to get packing! 4.5 days until we leave!!!

I'm working on packing too! Should get off DIS and back to that, though I want to do a quick update to my PTR!

Comments above in red! :goodvibes

Ooo, you'll have to let me know how your experience goes with the rental lens. Been thinking about doing that for my next trip - been debating either a wide angle or a fisheye lens since I don't have either in my current stash.

Sounds like a lot of fun planned for your upcoming trip! I love O'hana breakfast. Think it has the best character interactions of all of the character meals because it's so relaxed and not crowded. The characters came by our table twice during our meal!

Happy Birthday Zoey!!! party:

Those sound like great plans!! Did you eat dinner at Be Our Guest in December? I remember you debating trying to get a reservation, but now I can't remember if you did or not.

Comments above in red! :goodvibes

:) I need to double check MKs hours that night... It also may be a night I go off on my own - we will see! I kinda like how we are just being pretty relaxed on this trip!

Yes, I need to remember to pick up a padded envelope for the hair so I can mail it. If Zoey is okay with super short we can do wigs for kids, if not it will be Pantene. I feel pretty good about both organizations though!

We figure if the Villians bash is too crazy we will go to Epcot - we may stay long enough to get some limited time merchandise though ;)

Ooo, you'll have to let me know how your experience goes with the rental lens. Been thinking about doing that for my next trip - been debating either a wide angle or a fisheye lens since I don't have either in my current stash.

Sounds like a lot of fun planned for your upcoming trip! I love O'hana breakfast. Think it has the best character interactions of all of the character meals because it's so relaxed and not crowded. The characters came by our table twice during our meal!

I hope the rental experience goes well. I wanted to see how an all in one worked for me and think it will open up many options not having to change lenses. We will see, I will leave both my 18-70 and 70-200 at home now. Funny thing is I thought about bringing my fisheye.... ;) I would say definitely try a wide angle - I love mine to pieces ;)

I am excited for 'Ohana - especially the press pot coffee hehehe..... Heck I am excited for it all!!

Happy Birthday Zoey!!! party:

Those sound like great plans!! Did you eat dinner at Be Our Guest in December? I remember you debating trying to get a reservation, but now I can't remember if you did or not.

I didn't do BOG in December, debated it because I remember being up that day at like 4am grouting my kitchen backsplash :) I ended up finding an ADR later on but told friends of ours about it instead because of this long story. So this is going to be a first we may also try for lunch too one day :)

Thank you everyone for Zoey's birthday wishes!!

SAT887 said:
:) I need to double check MKs hours that night... It also may be a night I go off on my own - we will see! I kinda like how we are just being pretty relaxed!

MK is open until midnight on Monday, Wishes at 10pm.

Plans look great! Nothing wrong at all with just having a general outline of what you want to do and just going with the flow. I prefer to do it that way than try to plan things minute by minute only to have them go up in smoke due to some interruption that always seems to take place.

It won't be long at all now. Have a great trip! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter