• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*update 1/10 Am I done?!!* How to get your child to grow 1" in 120 days....

So our plan is to do MNSSHP on the 10th. I've been throwing around costume ideas... So, it's September, it's going to be pretty hot and humid.... We want to avoid polyester costumes, in favor for something that's a little more comfortable.... So I have been on Etsy.... I found a Belle dress (the blue peasant dress) and a Cinderella dress (the "cleaning" dress). They are not much more than a typical costume and would be good dress up afterwards....

The Shop on Etsy is called Madeformermaids

688eff95796707ff776c71bddb05b4ef_zpsdac5237f.jpg

233efee04094929c276a4b3ae50f341e_zps45cc5cf7.jpg

I was think Zoey (4) would make a great Belle and Olive (2) a cute Cinderella.....

Thoughts? Opinions? Please :D

I just looked up that etsy store... I'm totally squealing at every adorable dress. I basically need to borrow my friend's baby girl just to dress her up in some of those! The Belle blue dress and the Cinderella cleaning dress are absolutely adorable. Those dresses are so much nicer than so many of the polyester costumes you can buy!

ADRs

Okay, I have been so slow to post, probably because I think posting everything all at once just takes too much time…. Things have been semi chaotic here… However, it is not bad, just busy. :) Needless to say I am looking forward to our trip to NC in a week. It will be needed!! Also, I am days away from my 7 month window for our January trip and I am just antsy about what resort to pick!! I think I want to choose them in this order 1) BLT 2)BWV 3) WL 4)BC or OKW…. I am thinking BC would just not be worth it in January except that it is an Epcot resort…. Oh well, I am sure I will be happy with whatever I pick!

Okay, now onto ADR’s.

Our trip is 9/7 – 9/14

Saturday –
We plan on keeping it simple this day. We are staying at AKL so dinner will be at Boma! Plus we LOVE Boma, I think it is honestly the one buffet we enjoy doing time and time again. Our ADR is at 6:05pm

Sunday –
7:45am ‘Ohana breakfast, this is a first for us, we have gone to dinner many times and enjoy it and we are looking forward to breakfast. Plus, I can still try the press pot of Kona Coffee!

2:15pm we will be celebrating Zoey’s birthday at Cinderella’s Royal Table, she will have just turned 4 the week before :) I had a found a few ADRs later in the week, but decided against them, while this is not the greatest time I am sure we will make due, and worst case is Olive is cranky, thankfully she can be subdued by my iPhone (I have a ton of kid friendly apps that I use in those situations! )

Monday –
Artists Point. This is to celebrate our anniversary. September 4th is our 9 year wedding anniversary and October 6th is 13 years together :love: We went for the earliest ADR of 5:45pm, we thought that it was a good time for the kids and to not intrude on the more grown up dining… I already have the girls dresses picked out for this! I had gone to the Gap and bought them during a sale and they are so pretty and adorable, now I have the perfect occasion for them!!

I know its not the greatest picture... However you get the idea! And yes, the girls will be matching...

Tuesday –
I swore I wasn’t going to try to get this ADR for the trip… I was going to do it in January when my 180 days opened up so that I wouldn’t be disappointed… So about a week after making all of our ADR’s I was looking for CRT at a better time…. Guess what I found…. Be Our Guest!!! At 5:10pm!!!! Yeah I booked it, it was fate, destiny…. It was magical; I think I was giddy on the couch while my husband was passed out sleeping… Hehe... I need to call and add Zoey’s birthday to this, she will be so excited to eat in the Beast’s castle!

Wednesday –
Tusker House pre park opening at 8:15 am!! I have never gone to AK for pre park openings… However, with us being so close to AKL I don’t think it should be very difficult.

The Garden Grill at 4:35 pm – I have not been here since 2004… It wasn’t a character meal either! I am excited, when I was young the fact that the restaurant rotated was a favorite of mine :)

Thursday –
We are trying Kona! Finally! However, it is not for breakfast but dinner at 6:25 pm – they have a lighting of the torches ceremony at 6ish that I hope we can catch. I also want to celebrate my husband’s birthday here which is on Sunday…. I was thinking of getting a cake made, but thought a cupcake crawl might be more fun this night!

Friday –
5pm we will be dining at the Cape May Café – this is mostly for my husband! It beat out 50’s PTC and well I guess I have to give him some say so in our trip… I guess….. However, all you can eat seafood will be a huge plus for him – and I can’t complain either :)

Saturday –
Boma Breakfast at 8 am…. I may make this later because we have a late flight out so the kids can sleep in more… I wanted to actually do it earlier in the trip to, but cannot seem to fit it in anywhere…. :confused3

So there you have it, I plan on really getting my work out into gear when we get back to burn off all these meals! It should be fun though, and easy… I am not sure what my next post will be about… I have quite a few activities planned and also we do plan on getting quick service meals in between. The only meal we will do in the villa is breakfast for like 4 days. I really kind of don’t want to do much this vacation :) :rolleyes1

I just looked up that etsy store... I'm totally squealing at every adorable dress. I basically need to borrow my friend's baby girl just to dress her up in some of those! The Belle blue dress and the Cinderella cleaning dress are absolutely adorable. Those dresses are so much nicer than so many of the polyester costumes you can buy!

They are adorably cute! I don't think the prices are bad either considering the cost of a Disney costume (and even the cheap Target/Walmart ones are $20...) She has an 8 week lead time so I think in the middle of June I will take the measurements and email her, that should give me 3 weeks of cushion - plus if the girls decide to grow I have a little more leeway... :)

You are so right about the polyester too, these will be so much more comfortable on our MNSSHP night in the FL heat.... I will have to start looking for accessories too, the blue bow for Zoey's hair will be easy, and I think I can find a cream colored bandana for Olive easily.

Congrats on the BOG ADR!!!!! And that is the night you are doing the party, right? How perfect!! Is it sad that I am probably as excited as Zoey to celebrate my birthday at Disney?! :rotfl: Your ADRs sound great and almost all of them are on my list. DH doesnt like seafood at all so Cape May is out for us.

Congrats on the BOG ADR!!!!! And that is the night you are doing the party, right? How perfect!! Is it sad that I am probably as excited as Zoey to celebrate my birthday at Disney?! :rotfl: Your ADRs sound great and almost all of them are on my list. DH doesnt like seafood at all so Cape May is out for us.

Yes BOG is on our party night - and Zoey will be blue dress Belle - it's going to be perfect!! I'm so excited. Also- not sad at all - what's sad is I'm jealous of Zoey & Zack celebrating their birthdays in WDW!!! :lmao: I'm excited for our ADRs - lots of new places or different dining times. Zack and I literally ate our way through our Disneymoon in 04 and tried so many places but so many of them have changed. DH loves seafood I'm in the middle about it, although trying to get better and at least cook it at home :)

Followed you over from my PTR and am all caught up! Love the costume ideas for your kids! Very adorable. Hope you'll enjoy Ohana breakfast as much as we did - it's our favorite character meal by far. We had such a nice relaxed experience at this meal and the character interactions were one of the best.

We'll also be taking a family trip in January as well!

Followed you over from my PTR and am all caught up! Love the costume ideas for your kids! Very adorable. Hope you'll enjoy Ohana breakfast as much as we did - it's our favorite character meal by far. We had such a nice relaxed experience at this meal and the character interactions were one of the best.

We'll also be taking a family trip in January as well!

:welcome: Hi! Thank you - it's amazing at what you can find out there, and the amazing talents people have to create things (my idea of sewing is a stapler, duct tape and a few zip ties!!)

I like the idea of how the breakfast is served family style, we are branching out a little more this trip on character meals and I can't wait! I think my girls are at a perfect age for this :)

You mentioned going at the end of Jan right? We are looking at the beginning (but open to most of the month depending on DVC availability)

:woohoo: Whoohoo!! Double Digits!:woohoo:

I think I did that actual dance this morning!! :). Also, I checked out your Flickr account, I love your photos - I thought it would be a decent cheat if I don't have a chance to read your previous TR :) I love your pictures! DC was especially beautiful.

I think I did that actual dance this morning!! :). Also, I checked out your Flickr account, I love your photos - I thought it would be a decent cheat if I don't have a chance to read your previous TR :) I love your pictures! DC was especially beautiful.

Thanks so much! I've got a couple of non-Disney travels between now and October that I'm looking forward to getting some good pictures of. Will post them on Flickr as well as on my PTR.

Thanks so much! I've got a couple of non-Disney travels between now and October that I'm looking forward to getting some good pictures of. Will post them on Flickr as well as on my PTR.

That's great! I look forward to it! We are going to NC in a week so I am hoping to give my new camera a test run while traveling :D Where are you off to?

That's great! I look forward to it! We are going to NC in a week so I am hoping to give my new camera a test run while traveling :D Where are you off to?

Awesome! NC is a great summer destination. What kind of camera did you get for the new one?

Next week, I'm off to Kansas City for a couple of days for a conference. There is a very photogenic historic train station (Union Station) by the hotel I'm staying at and am contemplating whether I should drag my camera gear out to KC to try to take some pics.

The BIG family trip for the summer is South Korea to visit my parents in Seoul. Will be a first time visit to Korea for DW and the kids. Have been stressing out working out the itinerary.

Near the end of summer, I have a weekend trip to Chicago with the guys our fantasy football league going 10 years now. :goodvibes

Awesome! NC is a great summer destination. What kind of camera did you get for the new one?

Next week, I'm off to Kansas City for a couple of days for a conference. There is a very photogenic historic train station (Union Station) by the hotel I'm staying at and am contemplating whether I should drag my camera gear out to KC to try to take some pics.

The BIG family trip for the summer is South Korea to visit my parents in Seoul. Will be a first time visit to Korea for DW and the kids. Have been stressing out working out the itinerary.

Near the end of summer, I have a weekend trip to Chicago with the guys our fantasy football league going 10 years now. :goodvibes

My husband bought me the nikon D7100 to replace my tired D70. I also purchased a new bag and a few other things to try out in NC to see how well they would do in WDW. I'm trying to get back into photography, it was a hobby I once loved and fell to the side with kids and such...

Wow, South Korea? Seriously, I think if you can travel that far (with kids, on a plane!) you will have signatures nailed for January!! That's amazing though, most of my travel has been on the East Coast and once our 2 year old is a bit older we are going to start traveling through out the country more. I really look forward to seeing your pictures and hearing about your trips they sound wonderful. :goodvibes:

Sorry I'm late. I didn't see that you'd started your PTR. I'm sorry you're not going to get your adults only trip, but this one definitely looks like fun! I hope your adrenaline junkie grows enough to be able to enjoy more rides!

The costumes for your girls look great! Nice find! :thumbsup2 Are Mom and Dad getting costumes too? :rolleyes1

For your January trip, I definitely think you've got your priorities right for the resort choice. Hopefully you can get BLT since you're not going to get to on this trip, and I agree with your comment about BC. If I'm going to stay there, I want to do it when I know it will be hot and I can take advantage of Stormalong Bay.

Nice score on the BoG ADR. Definitely fate!!!

I don't think you'll have any problem doing signature dining with the kids. We took DS to Le Cellier before he was 2 and he did fine... It is Disney and they're prepared for kids. I don't know if this is a LeCellier thing, a Disney signature thing or coincidence, but as I walked through the restaurant I noticed that all the high chairs tended to be in the same corner of the dining room. :rotfl::lmao:

My husband bought me the nikon D7100 to replace my tired D70. I also purchased a new bag and a few other things to try out in NC to see how well they would do in WDW. I'm trying to get back into photography, it was a hobby I once loved and fell to the side with kids and such...

Nice camera! I'm looking forward to trying out my new camera for the upcoming trips especially Disney! Got a Canon 7D which I'm loving right now. And our kids are now getting to that age where photographing them has gotten a lot easier while they're playing - meaning I don't have to be right near them all the time. :thumbsup2

ADRs

Okay, I have been so slow to post, probably because I think posting everything all at once just takes too much time…. Things have been semi chaotic here… However, it is not bad, just busy. :) Needless to say I am looking forward to our trip to NC in a week. It will be needed!! Also, I am days away from my 7 month window for our January trip and I am just antsy about what resort to pick!! I think I want to choose them in this order 1) BLT 2)BWV 3) WL 4)BC or OKW…. I am thinking BC would just not be worth it in January except that it is an Epcot resort…. Oh well, I am sure I will be happy with whatever I pick!

Okay, now onto ADR’s.

Our trip is 9/7 – 9/14

Saturday –
We plan on keeping it simple this day. We are staying at AKL so dinner will be at Boma! Plus we LOVE Boma, I think it is honestly the one buffet we enjoy doing time and time again. Our ADR is at 6:05pm

Sunday –
7:45am ‘Ohana breakfast, this is a first for us, we have gone to dinner many times and enjoy it and we are looking forward to breakfast. Plus, I can still try the press pot of Kona Coffee!

2:15pm we will be celebrating Zoey’s birthday at Cinderella’s Royal Table, she will have just turned 4 the week before :) I had a found a few ADRs later in the week, but decided against them, while this is not the greatest time I am sure we will make due, and worst case is Olive is cranky, thankfully she can be subdued by my iPhone (I have a ton of kid friendly apps that I use in those situations! )

Monday –
Artists Point. This is to celebrate our anniversary. September 4th is our 9 year wedding anniversary and October 6th is 13 years together :love: We went for the earliest ADR of 5:45pm, we thought that it was a good time for the kids and to not intrude on the more grown up dining… I already have the girls dresses picked out for this! I had gone to the Gap and bought them during a sale and they are so pretty and adorable, now I have the perfect occasion for them!!

http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/s...b-426a-9e9f-70000bd896e3_zpsdc3e1908.jpg.html

I know its not the greatest picture... However you get the idea! And yes, the girls will be matching...

Tuesday –
I swore I wasn’t going to try to get this ADR for the trip… I was going to do it in January when my 180 days opened up so that I wouldn’t be disappointed… So about a week after making all of our ADR’s I was looking for CRT at a better time…. Guess what I found…. Be Our Guest!!! At 5:10pm!!!! Yeah I booked it, it was fate, destiny…. It was magical; I think I was giddy on the couch while my husband was passed out sleeping… Hehe... I need to call and add Zoey’s birthday to this, she will be so excited to eat in the Beast’s castle!

Wednesday –
Tusker House pre park opening at 8:15 am!! I have never gone to AK for pre park openings… However, with us being so close to AKL I don’t think it should be very difficult.

The Garden Grill at 4:35 pm – I have not been here since 2004… It wasn’t a character meal either! I am excited, when I was young the fact that the restaurant rotated was a favorite of mine :)

Thursday –
We are trying Kona! Finally! However, it is not for breakfast but dinner at 6:25 pm – they have a lighting of the torches ceremony at 6ish that I hope we can catch. I also want to celebrate my husband’s birthday here which is on Sunday…. I was thinking of getting a cake made, but thought a cupcake crawl might be more fun this night!

Friday –
5pm we will be dining at the Cape May Café – this is mostly for my husband! It beat out 50’s PTC and well I guess I have to give him some say so in our trip… I guess….. However, all you can eat seafood will be a huge plus for him – and I can’t complain either :)

Saturday –
Boma Breakfast at 8 am…. I may make this later because we have a late flight out so the kids can sleep in more… I wanted to actually do it earlier in the trip to, but cannot seem to fit it in anywhere…. :confused3

So there you have it, I plan on really getting my work out into gear when we get back to burn off all these meals! It should be fun though, and easy… I am not sure what my next post will be about… I have quite a few activities planned and also we do plan on getting quick service meals in between. The only meal we will do in the villa is breakfast for like 4 days. I really kind of don’t want to do much this vacation :) :rolleyes1

First let me say those etsy costumes are wonderful! I'd wear it for MNSSHP...if DBF would go!

'Ohana is my favorite breakfast, I hope you like it. You have a wonderful mix of restaurants overall!

Congrats on the new camera too. I've been itching for a new one myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter