*update 1/10 Am I done?!!* How to get your child to grow 1" in 120 days....

SAT887

DIS Veteran
A Disneyversary! 13 is our lucky number….. :flower3:

Celebrating our 13th Anniversary….. Disney style! So we have been planning this trip for a while. Nothing definite, but just in the backs of our brains that Disney could be a fun celebration…. We are hoping this year is lucky 13 for us in more than just our personal life….

So the the story goes like this. On our arrival day, 13 years earlier, by a stroke of luck my husband was forced to hang out with me – and who knew it would turn into marriage! We had worked together and he gave me a ride home. At the time I didn’t drive (I was 18, didn’t really feel the urge to, lived in NJ and had plenty of people around me who I could get rides to and from) Well, my gracious fellow co worker said he would give me a ride home. I was pretty pleased about this, not because I liked him or anything, but this way I didn’t have to call my mom…. After all I was 18 with priorities…  Well, he drove me home and as he dropped me off in my driveway (which was a dead end dirt road) a fire truck blocked him in. Apparently there was a propane leak next door and he wasn’t going anywhere! We spent a few hours together waiting for the area to be cleared and we decided that since we already spent the first half of the night hanging out, might as well spend the rest of it hanging out. Well, after many cups of coffee the rest is history.

Well, 4 years after that we were married, then we did the whole house thing and then the kid thing…. Now we decided we need a few days to just do our thing! We feel bad about leaving our 2 kids at home (they will be 4 and 2 when we go) but sometimes you just need to have fun! So finally after many discussions we are booked!!

The Cast… Zack & Me (Sarah)
Photo0157FourBySix_zps80f842f4.jpg

This is from our recent December trip….

When … Oct 6 –Oct 10

Where… BLT Lakeview Studio!

We had preplanned for this trip slightly… PAP’s was super discounted in December with a DVC discount, I think we spent about $5o more on our tickets then (however we made it up easily with discounts) and we purchased a TiW card. Both are still valid for October and we plan to take full advantage.

We haven’t planned any of the details of our trip. Lots of ideas and I think we are just enjoying the idea of 4 nights with no one but ourselves to take care of! We are so happy and thankful that my MIL will watch our two girls while we are away (she rocks!) Some of the things we have in mind are Signature ADR’s, Kona Café, MNSSHP, F&W and basically just walking around holding hands…. :) Well as things progress and my 180 day window opens up I will be updating! Hopefully I can do better at this PTR/TR than I did at my first one.

:welcome: I have some ideas but waiting on park hours and ADRs. Do you have a trip planned?

We'll be at WDW Oct 17-26! I haven't been since May 2012, so a year and a 1/2 to wait has been killing me!

We'll be at WDW Oct 17-26! I haven't been since May 2012, so a year and a 1/2 to wait has been killing me!

That was like us on our Dec trip- it was over a year and I wanted to change the dates and go back sooner..... It was worth the wait though - Christmas in Disney was spectacular.....

Finally I'm in! Hello im from the FB group !

:welcome: I really like your screen name :) I need to start figuring out who is who off of the FB group.... :yay:

I've subscribed! From the fb group:) Can't wait to hear your plans!

:welcome: I just read your last update!

So my 180 mark is less than 2 weeks away, while I know it is only a 4 night trip I need to get moving and do some planning! Since its just my husband and I, I've been thinking of things we can do that we wouldn't normally be able to do with our kiddos in tow.... Any suggestions from my fellow DISers will be appreciated!

Wow... I've been really slacking in PTR land... I do plan on doing an update with park plans and my ADR's that I have made... :) One of these days... Hopefully by weeks end!

Thought I would join in here since I dont have enough places to talk to you. :rotfl2:

:welcome: haha :)

I've been really slacking on this. I have been collecting some web images of my numerous ADR locations.... Yeah I added a few breakfasts... Hehe I wonder how many of them I will keep or let go!

:welcome: haha :)

I've been really slacking on this. I have been collecting some web images of my numerous ADR locations.... Yeah I added a few breakfasts... Hehe I wonder how many of them I will keep or let go!

You only have 5 months to make changes. That is like nanoseconds in Disney planning. :). I know you posted them on the thread, but I forget what they were. Sooo I will patiently wait until you post them here. popcorn::

You only have 5 months to make changes. That is like nanoseconds in Disney planning. :). I know you posted them on the thread, but I forget what they were. Sooo I will patiently wait until you post them here. popcorn::

I hope your smiley has a lot of popcorn! Hehehe

So delayed.... as promised! I have had a lot of real life changes and I'm trying to adjust. It's been a lot of ups and downs - but we are getting there! I am now at home full time and trying to adjust to this. My husband got a promotion and the next few months are pretty busy with him training and traveling. Needless to say I am looking forward to our week in NC in June!!

So this is mostly going to be a post about ADR's and not too heavy on park plans. We actually might just wing it- a little..... :) not fully decided though!

Sunday -

Our arrival time in MCO is 9:50 am on Sunday October 6th. First, hotel check in.... I am excited for our stay at BLT and made a few requests in hope for a view of MK - only lake view was available when I booked the trip.

We plan on heading over to Epcot and start gathering PP+, switch our APs to RFID card (or bands! If they have them) and then off to F&W for lunch. We have no idea where we might go but we will go somewhere! :)

After lunch we will go back to our room if it ready. We will relax, maybe take a dip in the pool, get coffee and get ready for dinner at 5:30 here.....

0db0036e18509d51058ce5d1a13d795a_zpse11f2d18.jpg

We have a 5:30 ADR at Artist's Point. I'm so excited! This will be on our actual anniversary day and should be a wonderful meal. Afterwards we will head to MK and go to MNSSHP!!

Monday -

While some might think 7:30 is early, this is a late breakfast for us! I was planning on quick service, but most places just don't have anything I would eat. I have a hard time stomaching breakfast and having something a little fresh, and good coffee is sort of important.... Plus my husband is an egg kind of guy and the scrambled eggs everyday probably wouldn't go over well.... So on this day we are dining at Kouzzina.... Opa!

151ee9d90eb2a3b30778a01164b3954b_zps96854f22.jpg

For dinner we have an ADR at The Yachtsman.... I have always heard such great reviews and have to try!

9ef8d2175f1dc26316d90a3b4a918337_zpsc8b4b707.jpg

Tuesday-

Again with our 7:30 breakfast! This time it is at Kona....

934e0f45f63328988666152f3aed3d92_zps0d71f8c3.jpg

Not for this.....

d8665e383496ef5d0102721f36e16b38_zps35c779b7.jpg

But this!

95c9fed281076ec5bea411ed7a353474_zpseb09eb7a.jpg

I love coffee so I am excited to try it and see what it's all about. :)

Tonight's dinner will be at the Flying Fish. I have been wanting to try this place for ages! Our ADR is at 5:30 because we enjoy early meals. Plus it leaves us plenty of time for snacking later on!

3480bd280399740db821552a62b1a757_zps0ff93ad9.jpg

Wednesday-

Yes... I couldn't help myself...... Guess where our next breakfast ADR is.... Here is a hint....

545e071835d20fbe35f1799795e7e00b_zps9bb57fd6.jpg

Yep! Cinderella's Royal Table. We will dine with royalty and its an 8:25 AM ADR and right now that means pre park opening!!! So I am hoping to get in early enough to get quite a few pre park photos :)

3b0f5bd1e72eb4a36cddbb2b57879190_zpse4994a46.jpg

So here it is... our last signature dinner..... 5:30 at......

Citricos! My husband chose this over Narcossee and I am curious to try it. I have to say there may have been other places I wanted to try, but this made the most sense for this trip. I do plan on now incorporating signature dining with my kids, and we picked places we felt that would not be as kid friendly on this trip. Our plan with the kids is Jiko and in park signature.....

63ba4a33bd8e380555f45a4c4d181276_zpsd102bef2.jpg

Thursday - departure day.... Our flight does leave around 6 so I planned a breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe.... At 7:30! We will then head over to MK and spend the morning there.... Luckily the Disney Depression shouldn't be too bad since we will be heading back out to the world in January....

e54ec6ab065335cc8084c677309776ec_zps91c479b4.jpg

So there you have it... My ADRs at a glance! I will post eventually my park plans. Probably like a month out when the hours are more accurate. Also, just not having kids in tow will make this such an "easy" trip. Our focus is going to be, hanging out, trying new things and thrill rides that my girls might not be able to enjoy in January...... :)

My thing that I am planning now is clothing..... :) it's more of what summer clothes am I going to buy that will also be great in Florida... I am thinking lots of sundresses!

***ALL images were obtained through google images - I tried to pick pictures that gave original photographer credit***

Love the choices!!! I cant wait to hear about Kouzzina and GF Cafe breakfasts. Those two are on my list! The castle is too, if I can convince DH. We ate at Kona last year, but we arent big coffee drinkers so no pressed pot for us. I want to try a signature next time. Probably Yachtsman or Cali Grill, depending where we stay. Are you renting a car or using busses and/or taxis for your resort meals?

Love the choices!!! I cant wait to hear about Kouzzina and GF Cafe breakfasts. Those two are on my list! The castle is too, if I can convince DH. We ate at Kona last year, but we arent big coffee drinkers so no pressed pot for us. I want to try a signature next time. Probably Yachtsman or Cali Grill, depending where we stay. Are you renting a car or using busses and/or taxis for your resort meals?

We always rent a car. I have control issues!! Also we usually have the kids and its just easier because we leave a ton of stuff in the car instead of lugging it everywhere....

I will definitely do a better job with my dining experiences this TR... I will probably only do iPhone shots of food - I can't say how comfy I would be pulling out my DSLR at dinner ;) I love Cali Grill- it has always been a favorite- I'm curious to see how things rank after this trip though :)

Ok.... This trip is in complete overhaul....

Like going September 7th to the 14th and bringing the kids :) I felt too guilty leaving them home....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter