Upcoming GKTW Meet & Fundraiser: September New England Dis Meet Info!!

What is the dress code for the Friday night dinner? I need to start packing this weekend and I was wondering about what to bring. Thanks

We will be sending an email to all who have registered this weekend. Keep an eye out for it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Who will the email be coming from, sadly even emails I sent myself as a reminder get sent to my spam???? :rolleyes:

Brumeiser said:
What is the dress code for the Friday night dinner? I need to start packing this weekend and I was wondering about what to bring. Thanks
The Villa rose is your typical local italian restaurant. Nothing to fancy but we will be taking lots of pictures I have not yet decided what I wearing but what ever you Choose you will look Fabulous !!

pinkerbell said:
Who will the email be coming from, sadly even emails I sent myself as a reminder get sent to my spam???? :rolleyes:

NEDisMeet@gmail.com

I will post the email here too so no one misses the info!!

The previous few messages made me think a bit about what to wear to the Big E. I've been before and wanted to let those new people know that there is a lot of walking involved with the Big E. Not as much as you might get at say, a day in Epcot, but still a lot of walking. So first item on the list is comfortable shoes. Keep in mind that some of this walking will be on dirt/mud so don't go for style so much as protection.

Second, The weather in at the Big E then will likely be just fine. Typical comfortable 70's in the day time with low humidity. But, it could be something else. Last year on the day I went it started to rain in the early afternoon and pretty much washed out the rest of the day. So, the second item is a disposable poncho. Start checking the weather forecast for Springfield MA a few days before the meet to get a good idea of what to expect. Right now the 10 day forecast shows 80 degrees and 10% chance of rain.

Third; Much of the fair is outside so you will be in the sun more than you realize. Bring a hat and sunscreen.

Identification - as in how to recognize fellow DIS'ers in the Big E. Good question. I'm probably going to have my DIS Unplugged T-shirt on. Or my DIS hat. If you see me and I don't recognize you, don't be afraid to say something - I'm really bad at remembering names/faces but always happy to meet another DIS'er.

Just registered for the brunch on Sunday. No one would come with me so I'm hoping to meet some fun new DIS people!! Very excited :)

Being that the meet is a week away now, I'm going to stick this to the main forum.

We are really looking forward to this! So bummed that we have to miss the Sunday event because of other commitments, but we'll be sure to look for everyone on Friday and Saturday. You won't be able to miss us, we'll be the family with smiles on our faces and wearing something Disney related :thumbsup2

I'll have to see if I can find a more current picture than the one in my signature line maybe?:confused3

Tara will we be getting a packet for the weekend...or will we get it when we get to Springfield.....

JoeG said:
Tara will we be getting a packet for the weekend...or will we get it when we get to Springfield.....

Hi Joe,

We just finished making the credentials packets. They will be handed out at your first event. For those of you doing the Big E as your first event you can pick your packet up either from the Hotel or from me... I will email you all my contact info and more inside scoop tomorrow.

1 week to go!!!

Hi Everyone,
We hope you are as excited about next weekend as we are. We know many of you have lots of questions so I hope this email answers many of them for you.

Friday night – Welcome Dinner
Villa Rose
1428 Center Street
Ludlow, MA 01056

Doors open at 6:30 and Dinner starts at 7:15. There will be a 50/50 raffle along with Trivia and a preview of the silent auction items where you get to open the bidding!! You will also be the lucky ones who have the opportunity to purchase any extra event T shirts and DISBoards.com Hydroflasks!!

Saturday - Fun day at the Big E.

Gates open at 8 a.m.
Most exhibits and buildings are open 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Avenue of States & Storrowton Village: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Midway: Sunday - Friday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.;
Saturday, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Craft Common: 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.

We have planned a few mini meets
The Big E Super Circus – 1 pm
Catherine Hickland - Comedy Hypnotist - Storrowton Village Gazebo – 2pm
The Big E Mardi Gras Parade – 5 pm – Meet at End of Parade Route
The Stars of the Peking Acrobats –Court of Honor Stage - 6:30 pm

Please make sure you wear comfortable shoes and if you have a DIS Unplugged or Lime Green TShirt it would be great for you to wear so we can find you.

For anyone interested in going to Yankee Candle we will meet in the Lobby of the Sheraton at 10:00am and caravan over to Yankee Candle planning on a 10:30 arrival for those who want to head straight there.

Sunday – Brunch with the Bunch
Gremio Lusitano Club
385 Winsor Street
Ludlow, MA 01056
Door open at 9:00
Brunch at 10:00
Silent Auctions Close12:00
Podcast at 12:00

We are asking people to bring a “Potluck Pastry” If each family can bring a dozen of some breakfast type baked good it would be appreciated. Please label if it has nuts in it as well.

We will have Chair massages, over 20 Silent auction items and over 30 Door Prize raffle items, T Shirts, Hydro Flasks (If they are left after Friday night) along with activities for the kids and much much more!!

We are looking forward to seeing you all. If you have any questions, get lost, or need to reach us please call my cell phone 617-413-9342.

See you all soon!!

Tara & the Divas!!!

If we purchased a teeshirt when will those be available? looking foward in seeing everyone next weekend.

Brumeiser said:
If we purchased a teeshirt when will those be available? looking foward in seeing everyone next weekend.

You can pick those up as early as Friday night.

The circus fills up fast and there's usually a long line to wait. I don't know if you have some seating reserved through the Big E. Just thought I would give everyone a head's up. If anyone from the planning committee has been to the Big E, then you probably already know this.

We won't be going to the Big E but DH and I will be attending the breakfast/podcast recording. See you all then!

See you all Saturday morning! :thumbsup2

Unfortunately, our flight doesn't get in until 12am, so we're going to miss the Friday events.

Have a ball you guys. I really wish I could get out to this one...sounds like a wonderful time. But family duties call. Weather looks good and cooperative!!! Have some fried dough for me please!!!!!

Have a ball you guys. I really wish I could get out to this one...sounds like a wonderful time. But family duties call. Weather looks good and cooperative!!! Have some fried dough for me please!!!!!

Darn!!! I was looking forward to seeing you!!!

Are you sure you can't make anything this weekend? Sneak away for just an hour or two?

Darn!!! I was looking forward to seeing you!!!

Same here!

I'll be there for Sunday but I thought I'd add information for those staying at the Sheraton or Marriott for the weekend. I worked at Tower Square a couple years back and not much has changed.

There is an enclosed foot bridge that connects the Sheraton to Tower Square where there is a CVS pharmacy and Dunkin Donuts on the lower level. Attached to the Marriott is a Champions sports bar that has pub food and drink.

If anyone is looking for food and/or drinks after the events (mostly drinks) the Student Prince restaurant is about three streets from the hotel on Fort Street and is in walking distance. Great German food, German beer on tap, wine by the glass and Gemutlichkeit (Google it, there is a Jungle Book reference there). Try the fried Camembert cheese. If you need another opinion ask Lee Cockerell he ran the Marriott Springfield early in his career and knows the Student Prince well. Check out www.studentprince.com for more info and recipes even if you don't stop.

Also, Max's Tavern at the Basketball Hall Fame has great drinks and food. No admission required. Max's is walkable but probably best to take your car. Max's has an extensive drink menu, check it out. www.maxrestaurantgroup.com

I hope this helps and see you all Sunday:thumbsup2

I'll be there for Sunday but I thought I'd add information for those staying at the Sheraton or Marriott for the weekend. I worked at Tower Square a couple years back and not much has changed.

There is an enclosed foot bridge that connects the Sheraton to Tower Square where there is a CVS pharmacy and Dunkin Donuts on the lower level. Attached to the Marriott is a Champions sports bar that has pub food and drink.

If anyone is looking for food and/or drinks after the events (mostly drinks) the Student Prince restaurant is about three streets from the hotel on Fort Street and is in walking distance. Great German food, German beer on tap, wine by the glass and Gemutlichkeit (Google it, there is a Jungle Book reference there). Try the fried Camembert cheese. If you need another opinion ask Lee Cockerell he ran the Marriott Springfield early in his career and knows the Student Prince well. Check out www.studentprince.com for more info and recipes even if you don't stop.

Also, Max's Tavern at the Basketball Hall Fame has great drinks and food. No admission required. Max's is walkable but probably best to take your car. Max's has an extensive drink menu, check it out. www.maxrestaurantgroup.com

I hope this helps and see you all Sunday:thumbsup2

Excellent info Bill, thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter