Upcoming GKTW Meet & Fundraiser: September New England Dis Meet Info!!

TSWJan78

NE DIva
Hi Everyone,

I am happy to announce after much hemming and hawing the New England DIS Meet to benifit the Power of 10 will take place the weekend of September 14-16. We are hoping to have a full weekend of fun events that the planning committee is working on!! So save the date and let me know if you want in on the planning fun!!

Can we raise $10,000 again?!?!?!?

UPDATE July 9th
Registration is live.. Sign up now!!

NE Dis Meet

Friday Night Welcome Dinner!!
September 14, 2012 - 6:00 - 10:00 pm

Join us as we kick the weekend off in style. Dine with 175 of your favorite DISers over an Italian feast complete with Pasta, Chicken, Beef and Fish at the Villa Rose in Ludlow MA. Have a chance to be one of the first to see and bid on one of over 20 Silent Auction items and meet members of the podcast team as we raise money for Give Kids the World.

Saturday Fun at The Big E!!
September 15, 2012 - 10:00am - 11:00

Your admission includes an all day ticket to the Big E and $10 in dining bucks!! If you use your imagination it will be like you are in Disney World without leaving New England. You Have The Stars Of The Peking Acrobats (Festival Of The Lion King), The Righteous Brothers' Bill Medley (Flower Power Concert Series), The Big E Mardi Gras Parade (at 5:00 not 3:00), The Big E Super Circus (Cirque du Soleil), The Avenue Of States (so it's states not countries) plus there are animals, agriculture, a midway and more food than at the EPCOT Food & Wine Festival.

There will be a meet schedule so you have the opportunity to spend time with other DISers or do the fair on your own with your family and friends.
Of note: Parking is $10 per car and not included. If you are interested in carpooling or a shuttle service please note that on your registration form.

Other Saturday Options!!
We are working on a Bus trip that will include a trip to Yankee Candle, Lunch and a viewing of Disney and Cameron Mackintosh's MARY POPPINS at Mortensen Hall in Hartford, CT. We expect this package to range from $50 - $75 and to have limited availability. The bus will leave the hotel around 9:30 AM and return around 5:00. As soon as we have something finalized we will post but for now choose "other Saturday event"

Sunday Funday Brunch with the Bunch!!
September 16, 2012 - 9:30am - 3:00 pm

The event you have all been waiting for!! Join us for brunch with the podcast team and other DISer's in the area at the Germio Lusitano Club in Ludlow, MA for a morning of food, fun and a LIVE podcast recording!!! There will be activities for the kids along with the closing of the Silent Auction items, door prize raffles and lots of surprises. Doors open at 9:30 and you will not want to miss this.

Get your event T-Shirt now!!
These may not be available the day of the event so make sure you preorder your event T Shirt on the registration page.

Stay Local!!
We have secured a room block and a discounted rate at the Sheraton Monarch place in Springfield. This is 20 minutes from Friday's Welcome Dinner and Sunday's Brunch and 10 Minutes from the Big E. I am sure there will be after hours fun at the hotel lounge so this will be the place to stay!!
The group rate for these rooms is $139 a night. You can book and pay in advance for a lower rate but there can be no changes or cancellations at this price.

Want to help?!?
We are still looking for additions to our Silent Auction and Door Prize Raffle. If you have something you are willing to donate email us at NEDisMeet@gmail.com.

Here is where we are with numbers so far:
Friday Night Welcome Dinner - Adults - 37
Friday Night Welcome Dinner - Children (5-12) - 7
Friday Night Welcome Dinner - (Under 5) - 4
Big E Package Adult - 33
Big E Package Kids (5-12) - 6
Saturday Alternate Event - 4
Brunch with the Bunch - 102

DISers include:
goofybeagle
Sergio Famiglietti
tigger813
doconeill
Darthvader92
Tekoa
Ms. Belle
debs96
queenof3
Cherylse
TallMumHP
dizdad223
melmar136
LifeIsDis
Brumeiser
Dismom+two
travisx4
Annabelle64
RIDizney
UConnFan
Haywardhauler
Grumpy14
Paul in CT
JoeG
peel
krissyp
tata-for-now
jcurci
tickledtink33
Scrooge McDuck fan
pinkerbell
CamColt
snooty3

Blocking off the whole weekend so we can be there for this one! :cool1: I'm willing to help!

Hi Everyone,

I am happy to announce after much hemming and hawing the New England DIS Meet to benifit the Power of 10 will take place the weekend of September 14-16. We are hoping to have a full weekend of fun events that the planning committee is working on!! So save the date and let me know if you want in on the planning fun!!

Can we raise $10,000 again?!?!?!?

Not sure why this is even a question.... I know you will!

yay! i would love to be part of the planning conmittee, send me details!

i had so much fun last time, i'm thrilled we're doing this again!

Woohoo!!!

I put in on the calendar the other day when you IM'd us! I'm not missing this one! Of course I think there are like 2-3 other things going on that weekend but this one is not to be missed!!!!!

Can't wait for our planning sessions!

New England's an awful large area. Can you narrow down the location a little?

Last year we were in Central Mass but we will have a definite location after our first planning meeting.

Last year we had people travel from all over New England, New York & New jersey, Canada and Florida!!

I'll be in WDW at that time....I know you will do well again for GKTW...have a wonderful time !!!

We will be having our first planning meeting via webinar/conference call on Wednesday, May 2nd at 8:00pm. I am hoping this initial call only takes an hour. If you are interested in joining please send me an email to NEDisMeet@gmail.com and I will send you the info.

Thanks
Tara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!