• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Unusual catch phrases and sayings

I see said the blind man....as he picked up his hammer and saw.

This made me think about my dad...one of his classics...(sure do miss him)

will have to think about ones I can put down from him...most can't be printed either!

Oh....he always said:

Never trust a man who wears a belt and suspenders....(unsure of himself)

You talk like a man with a paper hat! (when you have a stupid idea)

I love old threads!

I always chuckle when I hear, "You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose."

My mom always said, "You got more _____ than Carter has liver pills" when she was trying to tell me I had a lot of something. I don't know who Carter is or why he had liver pills though.

Dad always used this one when we blew an easy task. “You could screw up a one car funeral.”

I always found these fun,
* He/She/ doesn't sit to firm in the saddle
* It's like herding cats
* I'll hit you so hard your momma going to feel it

I love old threads!

I always chuckle when I hear, "You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose."

My mom always said, "You got more _____ than Carter has liver pills" when she was trying to tell me I had a lot of something. I don't know who Carter is or why he had liver pills though.

I always enjoyed, friends help you move, real friends help you move....bodies

I got one...."if you don't be quiet, I'm gonna knock you into the middle of next week"

"slicker than snot." I know....ewwww

"Don't make love over the garden gate. Love is blind but your neighbors aint."

There is another about monkeys and a football but this is a family board.

if someone's complaining...send the WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAmbulance!

"It's terrible when bad things happen to good sentences."

and of course..."They can't HIT ya!"
i actually use that one on a regular basis now. :littleangel:

if someone's complaining...send the WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAmbulance!

"It's terrible when bad things happen to good sentences."

and of course..."They can't HIT ya!"
i actually use that one on a regular basis now. :littleangel:

Of course, I say "they can't hit ya" all the time now too :)

Hs's about half a bubble shy of plumb..........................some days your the windshield and somedays your the bug.....................dumb as a pile of hammers.......................i have a few that involve doorknobs with chrome and golf balls and garden hoses but i dont need the points:rotfl2:

I have a different ending to that one...

"I see said the blind man as he peed into the wind and it all came back to him"

Ah you ask me to fast---when you can't come up with the answer but you think you know it. Dry as a popcorn fart---when somthing like chicken is to dry. Make a face like him--- when someone asks, do you know (insert name here). L&G's Dad.

I have two that I love...

When I was little, if I said something about what are we doing or where are we going, my Grandpa would say, "We who? You got a mouse in your pocket?" I promise it sounds funnier when he would say it.

My Mom used to tell me, "If it was a snake it woulda bit ya" when I couldn't see something that was right in front of me.

I use this one quite often myself, and I'm amazed at the looks I get when they hear it because they have always heard the first part, but never the ending. :rotfl:

Another one I heard before, When asked how your day has been or how you are: "Some days Chickens, Some days feathers."

I've been know to use: "Not the brightest crayon in the box."

The phrase I've been using quite often is: "Some people's children." I mainly use it when I have to deal with difficult people.

I get this response a lot whenever I ask how someone is doing?

"If I were any better I'd be twins":laughing:

These are not quite unusual, but these are some of my favorite catch phrases to use. Some come from movies.

"You're killing me Smalls"
"We live to play another day."
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

And one I hear quite often, "What are you MacGyver'ing now?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter