Universal will reopen June 5th!

Saw that this morning

Have had posts asking about free parking
Which is now free for premier and preferred ap’s for thru July 5

wasn’t so until this new release

We are booked for RPR on June 14 and then at Cabana bay on June 15-17. My kids love the Hagrid ride. I’m trying to figure out how it’s working since the reopening with the express pass. Does that mean we automatically can get in the VQ or do we still have to try to fight for one as early as possible? Thanks for the help and am grateful for the info being posted. We got Volcano bay on our tickets too and have never been there. I think we’re really going to enjoy it if it stays pretty empty!

What’re the rules on eating? I assume they don’t want anyone walking around and eating/drinking. But you can sit somewhere and eat right? I don’t want to have to trek to a designated no-mask zone to sit and eat my packed lunch.

The parks have a couple designated areas where it’s mask free

You can sit there and chill without a mask on.

Maybe those “U” areas allow food and drink to be brought in?

I also saw a lot of people walking around drinking or eating something and no one said anything.

I know personally I bought a thing of pretzel nuggets that's right next to spiderman, and I just ate those with my gaiter down. Obviously once I was done, I slipped it right back on. Also if I knew I was gonna be a little bit inbetween eating the bites, I'd pull my mask back up

Volcano bay was amazing. They opened at 9:30. Dead so far. All the tm were very helpful with all new procedures, constant cleaning and reminding people to social distance
How did Volcano Bay work with wearing a mask?

Volcano bay was amazing. They opened at 9:30. Dead so far. All the tm were very helpful with all new procedures, constant cleaning and reminding people to social distance
Thanks for all your reports regarding the reopening! It makes me excited about our Disney replacement trip in July 😍. We’ve never tried VB before but we will this time for sure!

How did Volcano Bay work with wearing a mask?
You must wear a mask on the bus and when visiting the gift shops. Other than that it's encourage that you wear it when walking to the restaurants or bars, it is NOT ALLOWED in the eave pools or slides
To order food you go to the quick service, they seat you and you mobile order from the table, they bring the food to you. If you can't mobile order you just order at the podium

oh and wanted to add another tidbit about their cleaning.

I was up at the gate to get on Hogwarts Express and they asked me to wait for the next one b/c someone had taken their mask off to eat on the ride and they needed to decontaminate that cart.

You must wear a mask on the bus and when visiting the gift shops. Other than that it's encourage that you wear it when walking to the restaurants or bars, it is NOT ALLOWED in the eave pools or slides
To order food you go to the quick service, they seat you and you mobile order from the table, they bring the food to you. If you can't mobile order you just order at the podium
Ok. Thanks! What if you’re just relaxing in a lounge chair?

oh and wanted to add another tidbit about their cleaning.

I was up at the gate to get on Hogwarts Express and they asked me to wait for the next one b/c someone had taken their mask off to eat on the ride and they needed to decontaminate that cart.

I think these rides are the cleanest they will ever be lol. It's probably safer now from germs than they were 4 months ago.

When waiting for a water taxi to take us to Sapphire Falls, another boat was loading, and one of the others boat employees notices the "captain" (I don't know what they are referred to lol) didn't sanitize the boat before loading the guests. He got LIT into. They had to deboard while he cleaned it.

I’ve been really looking forward to a visit tomorrow since the reopening date was announced. Our newspaper hasn’t mentioned the tropical storm so I had no idea til a few hours ago the weather is going to be bad here in central Fl all weekend. :( Looks like I have to wait another two weeks unless it clears out Saturday night.

Can’t imagine trying to social distance in a theme park during a downpour, let alone when there’s lightening. I wonder how it will be handled? Guess we’ll find out tomorrow...I’d think only those who live very close to Orlando and those staying at the hotels would venture out to a theme park during rain and lightening from a tropical storm.

I’ve been really looking forward to a visit tomorrow since the reopening date was announced. Our newspaper hasn’t mentioned the tropical storm so I had no idea til a few hours ago the weather is going to be bad here in central Fl all weekend. :( Looks like I have to wait another two weeks unless it clears out Saturday night.

Can’t imagine trying to social distance in a theme park during a downpour, let alone when there’s lightening. I wonder how it will be handled? Guess we’ll find out tomorrow...I’d think only those who live very close to Orlando and those staying at the hotels would venture out to a theme park during rain and lightening from a tropical storm.

Don't think this rain is from the tropical storm, that's way too far away.

But anyway, iwas there Thurs when it was 90% all day and it only rained for about 2 to 3 hrs or so. Still got a lot in

Don't think this rain is from the tropical storm, that's way too far away.

But anyway, iwas there Thurs when it was 90% all day and it only rained for about 2 to 3 hrs or so. Still got a lot in

Look at the satellite pics...it's def from the storm. Satellite imagery of tropical storms/hurricanes always make the width of Florida look tiny! The center is very far away, and not coming to central FL and probably not Fl at all, but the rain bands extend for hundreds of miles to the east. I-4 is dangerous enough when the sun is shining! I pass wrecks more often than not driving from the bay area to Disney/Universal. Thursday was just a normal it's-almost-summer storm kind of day. Glad you had a good day :)

No it wasn't (in reference to Thurs being a typical summer day) Universal just got lucky a lot for the big cells missed

I live in Orlando now and lived in FL for 23 years. I know what hurricanes look like lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter